Help!!!! Skilled migration visa costs

Old Mar 8th 2011, 6:58 am
Just Joined

IwanttoliveinOz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help!!!! Skilled migration visa costs

Hi there all!!

I just have a few questions I hope someone can help!!!
I am 25 and have been a stay at home mum withhold two boys for the last 6 years and I have no skill to offer on a skilled independent migration visa, other than a level 3 diploma in access to higher education! However my other half, is 30(we are not married)he is not completly qualified but has been working as an electrician for 14 years! Would we be able to apply for a visa with just his skills taken into account!

Also I cannot seem to find costs of visas anywhere online, can someone help with this! Do you need a certain amount of savings too!???

We would really love to get out there to Perth and make a better life for our children so we are looking for the quickest and easiest route possible!

Thanks everyone!!!!
Old Mar 8th 2011, 7:41 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!!!! Skilled migration visa costs

First you need to decide which visa you an apply for, the visa costs will be very different. Not a lot of info to go on, so Somme general overview of what you may be facing.

You *may* be eligible for a skilled independent 175 if your OH will be able to obtain a positive skills assesment, I suggest you start there. I think he will benefit from the new points test having so many years of experience under his belt, but it will all come down to proving it to immigration.

If you end up short on points or want a bit quicker processing time, you could apply for the state to sponsor you for the 176 visa.

Alternatively you may try employer sponsored permanent visa 121, again on your partner skills.

I also suggest you to read up on licensing for the electricians. Even if you had a job lined up, putting the visa issues aside for a moment, he would have to retrain and obtain necessary papers to be able to work, so you need to factor this time into your plans, where you will have to live off the savings and/ or low income

Re. Savings - generally you do not need to show your fnances, ex. certain State sponsored visas, but you need to consider that you won't be able to claim benefits for two years after you migrate (some family benefits are available) so whatever happens you are on your own. The actual amount will depend on your lifestyle preferences and where you decide to live.

Re. Being married or not - not an issue, if you can prove 12 months cohabitation. Am I right in assuming you had your kids together? Custody issues can stretch the process for years.

Otherwise DIAC wants you to be generally healthy and without substantial criminal history.

Time wise, 121 is faster than 176 than 175, generally speaking. You'd be looking at about a year or more if you started now.

I suggest you to read DIAC website immi.gov.au and may be consult a register migration agent on what is available to you.

Last edited by newjersey; Mar 8th 2011 at 7:44 am.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

skinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really nice

I know it can be expensive(1400 quid for us), But We had a really good agent to help us. I tried on my own at first and wasted about 300 pounds trying to get my trades recognition cert. dealt with Ian Harrop, Based in Burford, Oxon or Glos. Who sorted out that and everything else and gave me a nudge every now and again if I was slow with stuff. By the time we landed here we had parted with the best part of 10,000 pounds. We brought nearly all our possessions by the way. I`m an electrician myself and the electrical license system here is a pain, But there are ways to speed up and smooth that out.
Good luck.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 8:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/workers.htm