is dry lining a trade in Australia?

Old Mar 19th 2011, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

dylan78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default is dry lining a trade in Australia?

Iv been thinking of applying for a skilled sponsored visa but my trade isn't on the (SOL) I'm 32 years old, have an nvq level2 in dry lining & have been doing the job for over 7 years, i also have an aunt who would sponsor me.
There is fibrous plasterer on the skilled occupation list which is a very similar trade to dry lining. Does anyone know if dry lining is a trade in Australia & if so would i be eligible to apply for a visa using this as my skills?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Old Mar 19th 2011, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

PLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nice
Default Re: is dry lining a trade in Australia?

Hi Dylan I think you would be classed as a fibrous plasterer which is on the sol. You may need to get yourself an aqf3 qualification from tradetrain before applying to the tra and then lodging a visa application.
There are other ways - finding an employer to sponsor you. Dry lining is big in australia and i would say yes you are eligible.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 11:40 am
Just Joined

dylan78 is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers mate' will look into gaining an aqf3 qualification, need to get myself a good mara agent too!
Old Mar 20th 2011, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

mojovibe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I'm on the Canadian forum and was just looking for a thread and I saw this, so I thought I'd stick my oar in. Dry lining is a big trade in all of the developed and developing countries in the world. I once watched a tv show a few years about Brits moving abroad, I think it was relocation relocation. And one of the shows were about a plasterer/dry waller/ dry liner who moved over there. I think there's uploads on you tube, but you will have to browse through them.

As you probably know they use dry wall/blob and board over here on masonry backgrounds, as they do in other countries so you should be ok. By the way can you tell me if it really matters which faceside plasterboard is fixed. ie if its being skimmed or joint taped and filled. If its fixed to be taped and jointed and you skim it, what's the worst outcome. I keep hearing different things from different people.

Hope this helps and cheers.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mojovibe
Hi

I'm on the Canadian forum and was just looking for a thread and I saw this, so I thought I'd stick my oar in. Dry lining is a big trade in all of the developed and developing countries in the world. I once watched a tv show a few years about Brits moving abroad, I think it was relocation relocation. And one of the shows were about a plasterer/dry waller/ dry liner who moved over there. I think there's uploads on you tube, but you will have to browse through them.

As you probably know they use dry wall/blob and board over here on masonry backgrounds, as they do in other countries so you should be ok. By the way can you tell me if it really matters which faceside plasterboard is fixed. ie if its being skimmed or joint taped and filled. If its fixed to be taped and jointed and you skim it, what's the worst outcome. I keep hearing different things from different people.

Hope this helps and cheers.
much easier than bricks,and i must say i think its the way things will be going in the future..
were building a ten million dollar house at the moment and its all external clad in board.better insulation..quicker..cleaner..easier..

i would say anyone coming to aus,your on a winner in your game..

good luck..

ast..