HELP PLEASE - 457 visa application by MAIL

Old Jun 17th 2006, 1:23 am
Just Joined

ros-wez is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy HELP PLEASE - 457 visa application by MAIL

Hi. I've been offered a job in one of the university (in melbourne) and applied for the 457 visa last month (18 May 2006). However, the HR person over in Oz wanted to apply visa by mail and she lodged the application for the nomination/sponsorship at the same time with my application (so that it would be faster). Because of this, I did not use the e-visa method. Has anyone had this experience before? How long do you need to wait for the officer to contact you? I haven't received anything yet so far and still waiting, not even the request to do MEDICAL CHECK UP... (it's now 1 month since we lodge the application). But my visa card was already charged on 25 May 2006. Does anyone have a similar experience??? Please help...!!!
Old Jun 17th 2006, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

GreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud of
Default Re: HELP PLEASE - 457 visa application by MAIL

Originally Posted by ros-wez
Hi. I've been offered a job in one of the university (in melbourne) and applied for the 457 visa last month (18 May 2006). However, the HR person over in Oz wanted to apply visa by mail and she lodged the application for the nomination/sponsorship at the same time with my application (so that it would be faster). Because of this, I did not use the e-visa method. Has anyone had this experience before? How long do you need to wait for the officer to contact you? I haven't received anything yet so far and still waiting, not even the request to do MEDICAL CHECK UP... (it's now 1 month since we lodge the application). But my visa card was already charged on 25 May 2006. Does anyone have a similar experience??? Please help...!!!
Hi Ros-Wez!
I cant share any experience on the mail application as we apllied online, but I can tell you how long thats taking:
18/04 visa application lodged
02/05 application being processed further
08/05 medicals requested
02/06 medicals received and finalised

the nomination application for my boyfriends sponsor was granted on 10/06 so we thought they would get back to our visa asap, but so far nothing!

Pity you couldnt apply online, because then you can check whats happening every other minute
Have you booked for the medicals? I would do so, so that when they request them you can move quickly. The thing is DIMA dont "communicate" with you, no one really knows whats going on and whats taking them so long!

I am sure they will ask for the medical soon, after all they took some action when they took your money - that means they've noticed you

Good luck!
GS
Old Jun 17th 2006, 8:57 am
Just Joined

ros-wez is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: HELP PLEASE - 457 visa application by MAIL

Thanks GS.

I also wanted to apply online initially but the HR lady over in Oz wanted to do by mail - so I wasn't realy left with any choice. Anyway, now is just waiting... and waiting... Do they actually send you an email/mail acknowledging your application? And the med check up - do they want the full med check up or just an XRay?