Help needed re- Visa's

Old May 19th 2009, 1:48 am
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light
Default Help needed re- Visa's

Hi Guys

I spoke to my uncle last night who lives in London. Hes had enough. They are both 52. But my auntie's father was Australian.

Do they have a change of getting out here? They also have a son who is about 23 and he wants to come to.

If there is a chance, what do they need to do?

Your help would be much appricated

Thanks
Julie

Last edited by julie hilton; May 19th 2009 at 1:57 am.
Old May 19th 2009, 2:02 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed re- Visa's

Originally Posted by julie hilton
Hi Guys

I spoke to my uncle last night who lives in London. Hes had enough. They are both 52. But my auntie's father was Australian.

Do they have a change of getting out here? They also have a son who is about 23 and he wants to come to.

If there is a chance, what do they need to do?

Your help would be much appricated

Thanks
Julie
Hi Julie,

It's possible that your auntie can claim to be a citizen by descent but I would recommend that they find a reliable agent to work through whether that's correct, and if so what that means for the whole family.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old May 19th 2009, 2:09 am
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Julie,

It's possible that your auntie can claim to be a citizen by descent but I would recommend that they find a reliable agent to work through whether that's correct, and if so what that means for the whole family.

Cheers,

George Lombard
So does she need to provide his birth cert? Are they able to then contact the Australian Immigiation in London. As for my cousin, his grandfather being Australian should give him the right?

I know there have been a few people I have met, saying they got there british passports cos there mother or father came from the UK.

Many thanks
Julie
Old May 19th 2009, 7:45 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

So does she need to provide his birth cert? Are they able to then contact the Australian Immigiation in London. As for my cousin, his grandfather being Australian should give him the right?

I know there have been a few people I have met, saying they got there british passports cos there mother or father came from the UK.

Many thanks
Julie
They need to find a MARA registered migration agent who is experienced with citizenship by descent applications.
Old May 19th 2009, 11:11 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
They need to find a MARA registered migration agent who is experienced with citizenship by descent applications.
Not many of those in existence! Most agents rarely, if ever, see a citizenship case.

Anyway, it will all depend on the answers to the following questions:

- how and when did her father get Australian citizenship?
- if her father lived in another country, did he also get citizenship of that country, if so, how and when?

That will do for starters.
Old May 20th 2009, 11:20 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Not many of those in existence! Most agents rarely, if ever, see a citizenship case.

Anyway, it will all depend on the answers to the following questions:

- how and when did her father get Australian citizenship?
- if her father lived in another country, did he also get citizenship of that country, if so, how and when?

That will do for starters.
Only reiterating what George said. He did explain to me that not many agents are experienced with citizenship issues.
Old May 20th 2009, 11:09 pm
Got our visas

I found a great website for them from the Australian immigration department.

I had a good read and its seems pretty straight forward. We done our own visas to get here, so hopefully they shouldn't have to much trouble.

Many thanks for all your help.
Old May 21st 2009, 12:38 am
Got our visas

There was one other question.

My stepdaughter lives in the UK with her mother. She is only 15 at the moment, but if she decides in a few years, that she would want to live with us, can she claim citizenship by descent. As her father will be a citizen by then.

We will be citizens next year. Does that mean eventhough we are PR and would and lived here 4 years, do need to have lived two years as Australian citizens? A total of 6 years?

Thanks
Old May 21st 2009, 12:41 am
Banned

CrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really nice

once you are a citizen, it cant be revoked (unless obtained fraudulently).

You can only claim Citizenship by Descent if your parents were citizens at the time of your birth.

cheers
Old May 21st 2009, 12:49 am
Got our visas

Originally Posted by CrystalBall
once you are a citizen, it cant be revoked (unless obtained fraudulently).

You can only claim Citizenship by Descent if your parents were citizens at the time of your birth.

cheers
Oh I see. Must have missed that one.

Many thanks
Julie
Old May 21st 2009, 1:16 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I found a great website for them from the Australian immigration department.

I had a good read and its seems pretty straight forward.

It may seem straightforward, but without knowing the answers to the questions in post #5, it's impossible to speculate.
Old May 21st 2009, 1:17 am
JAJ
Retired

There was one other question.

My stepdaughter lives in the UK with her mother. She is only 15 at the moment, but if she decides in a few years, that she would want to live with us, can she claim citizenship by descent. As her father will be a citizen by then.

We will be citizens next year. Does that mean eventhough we are PR and would and lived here 4 years, do need to have lived two years as Australian citizens? A total of 6 years?

Thanks

No, she can't claim Australian citizenship.

If she wants to migrate to Australia, then presuming she was declared on your original application and did medicals etc. at the time, then you can sponsor her for a child visa while she is under 18.
Old May 21st 2009, 1:22 am
Got our visas

Originally Posted by JAJ
No, she can't claim Australian citizenship.

If she wants to migrate to Australia, then presuming she was declared on your original application and did medicals etc. at the time, then you can sponsor her for a child visa while she is under 18.
Yes she was declared on our orginal application, so hopefully she will decide before she reaches 18.

Thanks
Julie