Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Help me to understand an important note in CO's email.

Help me to understand an important note in CO's email.

Old Nov 22nd 2011, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

akhhttar is on a distinguished road
Question Help me to understand an important note in CO's email.

Hi Everyone,

I have applied the under GSM 176 ( relative skilled sponsor visa). Two days ago, I got first email from CO. He asked for Form 80, which I have send to him. But there was a note in his email which says

"
PLEASE NOTE:
Initial processing requirements for this visa application will likely take many, many months -
perhaps up to a further 6-12 months - and it is not until after then that this office will request
health and police checks ... accordingly, please do not initiate same prior to receiving a formal
request from this office

"
I need your help to understand,

1. Is it a normal reply or if there can be some kind of special delay in my case?
2. Does't it mean that application processing may take 6-12 month and then CO will ask for Health and Police checks?

Thank You
-Akhtar
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

proximo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Help me to understand an important note in CO's email.

Originally Posted by akhhttar
Hi Everyone,

I have applied the under GSM 176 ( relative skilled sponsor visa). Two days ago, I got first email from CO. He asked for Form 80, which I have send to him. But there was a note in his email which says

"
PLEASE NOTE:
Initial processing requirements for this visa application will likely take many, many months -
perhaps up to a further 6-12 months - and it is not until after then that this office will request
health and police checks ... accordingly, please do not initiate same prior to receiving a formal
request from this office

"

1. Is it a normal reply or if there can be some kind of special delay in my case?
2. Does't it mean that application processing may take 6-12 month and then CO will ask for Health and Police checks?

Thank You
-Akhtar
1.Yep its a normal reply nothing special. Security checks for HR countries usually takes 1 to 2 years.
2.Yep undoubtedly
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 12:44 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

"
PLEASE NOTE:
request from this office

"

Thank You
-Akhtar
I wouldn't worry too much. It sounds like he's just saying that you shouldn't get your meds & PCC done yet because it could still be a little while. I imagine it'd be quite easy to get excited after receiving an e-mail from a CO & go straight for the meds, etc, which would be a waste of time & money. Plus, you'd have less time to move if your visa was granted.
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 4:25 pm
chapkenv

chapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nicechapkenv is just really nice
Default important note in CO's email.

what is it something i imagine or do u have an obsession with security check?

evn earlier u said B1/B2 may help u land a lenient security check?

just sit tight, most posters on here have CO assigned 6 to 9 months later, although for some it is as quick as 12 weeks (those are the lucky ones)

DIAC must have realized u are a bitt rigger happy or click-happy in this situ, and anticipated that u might jump to the next step ie. PCCs - so they asked you specifically to NOT APPLY for those..

and your B1 question, u DO NEED to upload it if you are still within 4 wk period since you lodged ur app
Old Nov 22nd 2011, 4:34 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: important note in CO's email.

Originally Posted by chapkenv

just sit tight, most posters on here have CO assigned 6 to 9 months later, although for some it is as quick as 12 weeks (those are the lucky ones)

DIAC must have realized u are a bitt rigger happy or click-happy in this situ, and anticipated that u might jump to the next step ie. PCCs - so they asked you specifically to NOT APPLY for those..

and your B1 question, u DO NEED to upload it if you are still within 4 wk period since you lodged ur app
Not necessarily the case. Two years & ten months later & no CO in sight for me!
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chapkenv

Thanks for answering on both of my posts.

I am not worried about security checks, but, I just want to do everything that can help my case to process quickly.

The reason, I got little worried about this note is that, some of my other friends also got CO email at same time but they haven't receive this note and I just wanted to understand is there is something special going on with my case.

Also Thanks to proximo and mrsgreenstar76 for answering.

-Akhtar

Last edited by akhhttar; Nov 23rd 2011 at 3:04 am.
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

Sorry, forgot to add. I lodged the application in May 2011.

and I am not going to attach my B1 visa after having all those replies on another post
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 6:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for answering on both of my posts.

I am not worried about security checks, but, I just want to do everything that can help my case to process quickly.

The reason, I got little worried about this note is that, some of my other friends also got CO email at same time but they haven't receive this note and I just wanted to understand is there is something special going on with my case.

Also Thanks to proximo and mrsgreenstar76 for answering.

-Akhtar
Its a fairly standard reply, but it just goes into a bit more detail than most COs would. What the CO is saying is just stuff which is posted on the Immi site, such as "don't do your meds/pcc until requested". Most COs will just expect you to read the site and follow what it says on there. Yours is really going an extra mile and making sure that you understand processing could take a long time - be grateful, they're being helpful really!
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its a fairly standard reply, but it just goes into a bit more detail than most COs would. What the CO is saying is just stuff which is posted on the Immi site, such as "don't do your meds/pcc until requested". Most COs will just expect you to read the site and follow what it says on there. Yours is really going an extra mile and making sure that you understand processing could take a long time - be grateful, they're being helpful really!
Thank You Pollyana