Help ACS Assessment Unsuccessful

Old Oct 5th 2010, 10:06 am
Just Joined

db407 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help ACS Assessment Unsuccessful

My ACS assessment was unsuccessful. Please see the letter I have copied which I received from ACS. I am not sure what do do Next, do I submit more experience to make it 6 years and do I also appeal to be considered in a different ASCO Code. I am a bit confused with the letter below, please kndly assist with your suggestions
I refer to your application for a pre migration assessment which was received by the Australian Computer Society on 08 July 2010

You have been assessed as meeting the qualification requirements for Group B of the ACS PIM 2, but do not satisfy the requirements for relevant professional information technology experience of 6 years.
Your work experience has been calculated as follows:
Dates: 11/05 to 10/07 (1 yrs 11mths)
- Name of company and position stated here
Dates: 10/07 – 05/10 (2yrs 7 mths)

In accordance with the assessment standards it has set, ACS has made the following assessment:
Your skills have been assessed to be unsuitable for migration under 2231-13 of the ASCO Code being the skilled occupation indicated that you intend to nominate in a General Skilled Migration application.
Should you wish to apply for a review of your assessment or appeal your outcome, you may apply in writing to the Deputy Director at the above address. Before doing do please refer to the ACS Pre Application Skills Assessment (PASA) guidelines for applicants for details of the review and appeal processes. The time limit on the acceptance of review and appeal applications is 60 days from the date of this letter of advice.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help ACS Assessment Unsuccessful

Originally Posted by db407
My ACS assessment was unsuccessful. Please see the letter I have copied which I received from ACS. I am not sure what do do Next, do I submit more experience to make it 6 years and do I also appeal to be considered in a different ASCO Code. I am a bit confused with the letter below, please kndly assist with your suggestions
I refer to your application for a pre migration assessment which was received by the Australian Computer Society on 08 July 2010

You have been assessed as meeting the qualification requirements for Group B of the ACS PIM 2, but do not satisfy the requirements for relevant professional information technology experience of 6 years.

In accordance with the assessment standards it has set, ACS has made the following assessment:
Your skills have been assessed to be unsuitable for migration under 2231-13 of the ASCO Code being the skilled occupation indicated that you intend to nominate in a General Skilled Migration application.
Should you wish to apply for a review of your assessment or appeal your outcome, you may apply in writing to the Deputy Director at the above address. Before doing do please refer to the ACS Pre Application Skills Assessment (PASA) guidelines for applicants for details of the review and appeal processes. The time limit on the acceptance of review and appeal applications is 60 days from the date of this letter of advice.
It sounds fairly straightforwards and appears you didn't supply enough experience, and you need to reapply - how long did your documentation cover, i.e. did they reject experience before 11/05 or is that the earliest you supplied?

No point applying to change your code if you simply didn't provide enough experience?

When I got ACS approval last year I submitted about 14 years worth (I have 25 years experience) and the letter I got said "you qualified as at 06/2002" or similar.

Last edited by freebo; Oct 5th 2010 at 10:18 am.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply. Since I am an IT professional I only submitted 4 years worth of experience from now dating backwards to 4 years. So it seems we should submit 2 more years of experince.

Do we need to fill in any Appeal Forms or just writing a letter with additional info
Old Oct 5th 2010, 12:04 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply. Since I am an IT professional I only submitted 4 years worth of experience from now dating backwards to 4 years. So it seems we should submit 2 more years of experince.

Do we need to fill in any Appeal Forms or just writing a letter with additional info
You supply how ever many years of experience you have. If you have 4 years experience you supply 4 years worth of experience proof. If you have 10 years you supply 10 years worth of documentation.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 7:14 am
Just Joined

Thanks all for your responses. I am in the processes of getting more references. Will ACS accept email references, I have worked in different countries and I am finding it hard to get a written reference letters on company letterhead. My previous managers can do email references with the company name, tel, address at the bottom of the email. Is this acceptable by ACS. Also having worked internationally when I left one company about 6 years ago they wrote a reference letter for me - will this be considered as valid by ACS.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for your responses. I am in the processes of getting more references. Will ACS accept email references, I have worked in different countries and I am finding it hard to get a written reference letters on company letterhead. My previous managers can do email references with the company name, tel, address at the bottom of the email. Is this acceptable by ACS. Also having worked internationally when I left one company about 6 years ago they wrote a reference letter for me - will this be considered as valid by ACS.
I don't know the answer to your questions but you need to work really hard on your ACS references, all mine where on company paper but it was difficult to get them for older positions.

Have you read the ACS website thouroughly, maybe it states exactly what is required?
Old Oct 13th 2010, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

oz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really niceoz_dreamz09 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You supply how ever many years of experience you have. If you have 4 years experience you supply 4 years worth of experience proof. If you have 10 years you supply 10 years worth of documentation.
Although supplying 10 years of experience might not be required, you must atleast supply enough to meet the requirements set by ACS.. which has not been done in this case.. you would probably had made it if you provided 6 years of exp since you applied for RPL.. all the best
Old Oct 13th 2010, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

sufyan_victoria will become famous soon enoughsufyan_victoria will become famous soon enough

ACS assessed you for Group B, i believe that an ACS accessor evaluated yours qualification against for the PIM's group B if you showed up

-Diploma or Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Advanced Diploma with a major in ICT.

or

-An Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor (undergraduate) degree, or Graduate Diploma, or higher qualification with a minor (sub-major) in ICT in a highly relevant field to the nominated occupation.

You fullfilled the qualifiation for Group B, what ICT related qualification had you put for yours case?

You have been accessed for an old PASA criteria where for group B requirement is 6 years of experience but the same now from 1st July onward they have curtailed to 5 years for group B.

Yours experience counts 4.6 years , nevertheless if you get reassesement for new ANZSCO (which is more suitable) to yours responsibilities then i would suggest you wait for 6 months more to be turn it into 5 years.

Read Group B thoroughly where it is requirment for group B is 5 years of full time professional ICT work experience in a field closely related to the nominated occupation, completed in the ten (10) years before the date of application for Skills Assessment.

If you show MCS degree which solidfy to fall in Group A then 2 years requirment in case of Group A.Here is link for new Pasa Guide line which i understand for Group A and B number of experiences.

http://www.acs.org.au/assessment/doc...Applicants.doc

For Group A (if you have AQF equivlent Bachelor (undergraduate) degree or Graduate Diploma or higher degree level qualification with a major in ICT in a highly relevant field to the nominated occupation) they require 2 years.

For group B (If you have Qualifications Framework (AQF) Diploma or Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Advanced Diploma with a major in ICT, or an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor (undergraduate) degree, or Graduate Diploma, or higher qualification with a minor (sub-major) in ICT in a highly relevant field to the nominated occupation) then they require 5 years full time.