hairdresser

Old Aug 8th 2004, 1:43 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Default hairdresser

Hi, does anyone out there have any advice for me? I'm a qualified hairdresser
(NVQ Level 2) I completed this in 2000 and have been working consistantly, part-time, ever since. What I really want to know is what are the specifics, as in, what is the job criteria for a hairdresser, that would satisfy the skills assessment?

Thanks in advance!!
Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Jayhall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hairdresser

Originally Posted by Carruss
Hi, does anyone out there have any advice for me? I'm a qualified hairdresser
(NVQ Level 2) I completed this in 2000 and have been working consistantly, part-time, ever since. What I really want to know is what are the specifics, as in, what is the job criteria for a hairdresser, that would satisfy the skills assessment?

Thanks in advance!!
When you say part time how many hours a week? I seem to remember that they specify on 20 hours and if you can get evidence of that for the last 4 years on top of NVQ you should be ok. There are lots of posts on this sight if you type in hairdresser int the search engine or even TRA as they are the body that assesses hairdressers.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: hairdresser

Hi Carrus

There is a post a few lines down from yours "TRA and Stat Decs" started by Rob Morton Jones - I have posted some info in their about organising paperwork for the TRA.

As Jayhall said if you do a search for "hairdressers" on this and the other Oz forum (general forum) should come up with heaps of info as to how to go about doing this. First things first though. You should go on the www.immi.gov.au website and download booklet 6 - read that thoroughly (I lost count of the amount of times I read it and cross checked it with the relevant visa and tra forms) in addition you need to go to the TRA website www.workplace.gov.au - follow the links the application form and FAQ link is provided which should also help answer most of your questions.

All the best