Can I use my medical 'twice'?

Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:36 am
Swiss, in Brisbane

Barbara_CH is on a distinguished road
Question Can I use my medical 'twice'?

Hi

Thanks for all your help so far. But it looks like I have to bother you again...

I had to get my medical done in January this year for my student visa. In October, I will apply for the de facto visa. I think I read somewhere that for example the xray is 'valid' for a year. Last time, a blood test wasn't necessary. Is there any chance I don't have to do the whole thing again and maybe just get the blood test done? (Application will be lodged in brisbane again)

I have already checked the austimeline but couldn't find any information on time frames for de facto onshore. Is it possible to get the visa in a few weeks or am I totally wrong? (would hand in medicals at the same thime)

Thanks

Barbara

Last edited by Barbara_CH; Aug 10th 2004 at 8:41 am.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 10:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I use my medical 'twice'?

Originally Posted by Barbara_CH
Hi

Thanks for all your help so far. But it looks like I have to bother you again...

I had to get my medical done in January this year for my student visa. In October, I will apply for the de facto visa. I think I read somewhere that for example the xray is 'valid' for a year. Last time, a blood test wasn't necessary. Is there any chance I don't have to do the whole thing again and maybe just get the blood test done? (Application will be lodged in brisbane again)

I have already checked the austimeline but couldn't find any information on time frames for de facto onshore. Is it possible to get the visa in a few weeks or am I totally wrong? (would hand in medicals at the same thime)

Thanks

Barbara
Not sure whether its much help as I was going from Prospective Spouse visa to spouse visa, but my medical was less than a year old, so I didn't need it redone. I would guess you'd be OK as its the same medical, regardless of visa class, isn't it. Phone the DIMIA helpline, and see what they say, or e-mail the Brisbane DIMIA office.