Guide on agents response time please!

Old Mar 26th 2008, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

mollyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Guide on agents response time please!

Hi everyone,
would be grateful if someone could advice me on what is reasonable in terms of waiting for a response to e-mails and sending off documents. I just seem to be waiting upto a week for my agent to get back to me. They said they were having problems with E-mails last week, which is fair enough, but another week before any further contact. We have sent off the initial information document and just waiting for advice on the next stage, which is the skills assessment. I am a nurse applying for 175pr. I have everything ready even transcript. Is it normal to wait this long in-between? If this is the case then I will just have to be patient and go with the flow!!

The process takes that long anyway, that we just want to get things underway asap!

Just didn`t dare go it alone incase I missed something important.

Any info glady accepted!!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

kathmand194 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Guide on agents response time please!

Although my case is not priority at the minute I still get a answer usually within 1day, to my many probably tedious questions.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 5:04 pm
Vickie

vickie will become famous soon enoughvickie will become famous soon enough

Our contract states our agent will reply to messages within 3 days, but generally have a reply within 24 hour! Check out your contract and pull them up on it if they're not responding within the time scale!

Vickie X
Old Mar 26th 2008, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

Yep agree, response times are normally within hours rather than days. I would re-consider your agent.

Cx
Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for responses everyone
starting to feel really nervouse now!! We met them at the emigrate show in Edinbourgh and they seemed great. By far the most approachable and helpful than the others there. Just hoping it was a blipp! due to the bank holiday`s and previous e-mail problems. Sent An e-mail this afternoon but no response. Hope this is not a taste of things to come

Will be sending strong e-mail tomorrow if no response

Lesleyx
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the pm joosy,
must have been an absolute nightmare for you! It really terrifies me to thinks they can be that incompetent. I`m sure there are some fantastic agents out there, but you were so unlucky. Have you still got a chance of getting there? We just hope that ours is just a bit slow off the mark!! I feel even more wound up at the moment though
Hope you get there
Lesleyx