ETA Visa for Interviews in Oz

Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:57 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default ETA Visa for Interviews in Oz

Several questions - hope someone can help.

I have an ETA which expires in June 2008 - i used it to travel to Oz in December 07 and stayed 6 weeks.

1. Can I re - enter Australia on the same ETA before it expires providing my total time in Oz doesnt exceed 3 months?

and

2. Are there any restrictions on travelling to Oz on an ETA for the purposes of attending a job interview? I would of course be holidaying for most of my stay - but if I had an interview lined up could that cause an issue?

Cheers - and heres hoping I get the interview!!!!!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ETA Visa for Interviews in Oz

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Several questions - hope someone can help.

I have an ETA which expires in June 2008 - i used it to travel to Oz in December 07 and stayed 6 weeks.

1. Can I re - enter Australia on the same ETA before it expires providing my total time in Oz doesnt exceed 3 months?

and

2. Are there any restrictions on travelling to Oz on an ETA for the purposes of attending a job interview? I would of course be holidaying for most of my stay - but if I had an interview lined up could that cause an issue?

Cheers - and heres hoping I get the interview!!!!!
Point number two - no problem at all.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:09 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

You can go back to Australia on your ETA and EACH trip can be a maximum of 3 months, not the combined total in the course of the year. So you'll be fine in that regard!

As to whether its appropriate to use the ETA for an interview as well as the holiday, I can't say for certain, so you'll probably need more experienced help, but I think you'll be fine - there is no more appropriate visa for that purpose, and you will be holidaying while you're there of course and sussing out the lie of the land. I think mainly the concern of immigration on ETA's is that, if asked, you can show that you can support yourself while you are there and that you have every intention of leaving.

Good luck with the interview and enjoy your holiday!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:58 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Guys!