GSM 175 Visa update

Old Sep 26th 2013, 8:06 am
Just Joined

Lokesh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GSM 175 Visa update

Hi,
I have applied for GSM 175 skilled visa in july 2009. My application status has been updated online on 7th Sep 2013 which asks for further medical checks but i have not received any email from the department.

Should i proceed with medicals? Could someone please suggest.

Many thanks.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 8:18 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GSM 175 Visa update

Originally Posted by Lokesh
Hi,
I have applied for GSM 175 skilled visa in july 2009. My application status has been updated online on 7th Sep 2013 which asks for further medical checks but i have not received any email from the department.

Should i proceed with medicals? Could someone please suggest.

Many thanks.
Have you been contacted by your CO at all? If you have you could email the question to them, but otherwise I would wait until requested as they only have a 12 month validity
Old Sep 26th 2013, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Have you been contacted by your CO at all? If you have you could email the question to them, but otherwise I would wait until requested as they only have a 12 month validity
Thanks for your reply. When i click on the 'message' link next to the latest update where it says 'further medicals required', It reads 'Applicant required to undergo further medical checks - contact the Department if you have not yet received notification about these requirements by selecting the Contact the Department link on the Application Status Page'.

Also there is a link which reads 'Organise your health examinations' on the bottom of the main ststus page. I have gone through the basic questions on this link and when i submitted after i answer them, it has generated the 'referral letter' (with unique ID which is called 'HAP ID') asking me to print and take it for the medical examination.

I am not getting the full understanding whether as to get the medicals done now. Please suggest.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 9:37 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply. When i click on the 'message' link next to the latest update where it says 'further medicals required', It reads 'Applicant required to undergo further medical checks - contact the Department if you have not yet received notification about these requirements by selecting the Contact the Department link on the Application Status Page'.

Also there is a link which reads 'Organise your health examinations' on the bottom of the main ststus page. I have gone through the basic questions on this link and when i submitted after i answer them, it has generated the 'referral letter' (with unique ID which is called 'HAP ID') asking me to print and take it for the medical examination.

I am not getting the full understanding whether as to get the medicals done now. Please suggest.
I'd follow the advice on the site - highlighted in red above
Old Sep 27th 2013, 2:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you follow the instructions they provided .... about contacting the department through the link on the Application Status page.

Have you changed your email address since you lodged in 2009?
Old Sep 27th 2013, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Why don't you follow the instructions they provided .... about contacting the department through the link on the Application Status page.

I have not changed the email address. However, i think online status update is good to go ahead with medicals. I am planning to get it done at the earliest.
Old Sep 27th 2013, 9:14 am

I have not changed the email address. However, i think online status update is good to go ahead with medicals. I am planning to get it done at the earliest.
The advice is only to do medicals on request from your CO, since someone could have updated your status in error. Since you asked for this advice here, and the advice on your status page to contact the department if you have not had a specific request, I do not understand your decision to ignore all of this.

Medicals have a 12 month validity, if you go ahead and your visa has not progressed far enough, you may have to repeat them before the visa could be granted, paying the fees again - or you may only have a few weeks to validate a visa, since this date is usually 12 months from the date of the medicals.
Old Sep 27th 2013, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Renny79 is an unknown quantity at this point

The problem is that you can't really contact them, as in sending them a personal message. You just get automated replies where a computer picks up words in your message and sends you links where you can go read the answers. I have used this many times with questions I had and never have anybody personally replied to the actual questions I had.
Old Sep 27th 2013, 1:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The OP has already posted DIBP's advice on the subject. I don't understand why he/she doesn't act on it!

When i click on the 'message' link next to the latest update where it says 'further medicals required', It reads 'Applicant required to undergo further medical checks - contact the Department if you have not yet received notification about these requirements by selecting the Contact the Department link on the Application Status Page'.

The alternative is simple - do the meds now unrequested and accept that he/she may have to do them again.
Old Sep 27th 2013, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Renny79
The problem is that you can't really contact them, as in sending them a personal message. You just get automated replies where a computer picks up words in your message and sends you links where you can go read the answers. I have used this many times with questions I had and never have anybody personally replied to the actual questions I had.
I have applied for a visa myself too. I have sent messages before and after grant and gave bad no trouble whatsoever getting an answer. OP has a specific instruction to contact DIBP through a link and hasn't tried it. And is going to ignore all the advice received on here too, which is fine, I just don't know why they bothered starting a thread.
Old Sep 29th 2013, 4:48 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

I have applied for a visa myself too. I have sent messages before and after grant and gave bad no trouble whatsoever getting an answer. OP has a specific instruction to contact DIBP through a link and hasn't tried it. And is going to ignore all the advice received on here too, which is fine, I just don't know why they bothered starting a thread.
In fairness, DIBP have made it harder to contact them through messages. You used to be able to type a message to them on the PLE page, but that's gone now. It's just tickboxes about subjects you wish to know about & you get automated replies back.

That being said, the OP should contact them through the link on the application status page. Although, that facility can be a bit hit & miss too, it's what the instructions have told them to do, so that is what they should be doing.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 10:39 am
Just Joined

I have also received the "update your medicals" on my application page and they also stated that if I have not had communication from the department, that I could contact them via the link provided.....
Then problem is that the link provided is the same as all the other ways you can contact them...tick boxes and automated answers. So you really cannot contact them. I tried a few times.

At the end I picked up the phone and called the department on +61 1300 364 613 and they told me not to go for my medicals (although the link is active on my page) and to wait for a CO.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 10:24 pm

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

I have also received the "update your medicals" on my application page and they also stated that if I have not had communication from the department, that I could contact them via the link provided.....
Then problem is that the link provided is the same as all the other ways you can contact them...tick boxes and automated answers. So you really cannot contact them. I tried a few times.

At the end I picked up the phone and called the department on +61 1300 364 613 and they told me not to go for my medicals (although the link is active on my page) and to wait for a CO.
On your application progress page, there is a link at the bottom to contact DIBP. It will give you a box in which to type your query - not tickboxes.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 7:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
On your application progress page, there is a link at the bottom to contact DIBP. It will give you a box in which to type your query - not tickboxes.
Yes, it does give you a box to actually write something in. From the answers I get, I can see that it is a computer that reads the questions, picks up certain words and still give you a general response with links to the website to get answers.
I asked the question weather I should go for my medicals or if I should wait for a CO.....this is the email I received back. (I just did i again and you get the answer withing a minute). If you follow any of the links in this answer they send you, you get back to the tick box page....so it is a runaround, thus the reason I actually called them.

Dear Client,

Thank you for your correspondence regarding General Skilled Migration (GSM).

This service is an unattended automated response system only. Instructions about where you can obtain information are outlined below.

Change of Contact Pathways for Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485) and Recognised Graduate (Subclass 476) Visas

Effective 1 July 2013, processing of Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485) and Recognised Graduate (Subclass 476) visa applications transferred from GSM to Temporary Visas.

If your correspondence relates to one of the above Temporary Visa applications please refer your matter to the new contact pathways available at: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/aust...ntres/tgvc.htm

GSM Visas (excludes subclasses 485 and 476)

If you have lodged a GSM visa application and your correspondence relates to when your application will be allocated to a case officer, please review the published allocation dates.
See: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...nformation.htm

If you have been contacted by a case officer about your GSM visa application you must correspond directly with your case officer by email. Your case officer will provide you with a specific email address to use after they have made their initial assessment of your application.

If you have lodged a GSM visa application, but have not yet been contacted by a case officer, use the GSM Post-Lodgement Enquiry Form.
See: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm

Before you contact the department with general GSM visa enquiries, you should read the website content and relevant fact sheets.
See: Professionals and Other Skilled Migrants

If you have not lodged a GSM visa application, and would like more information, use the GSM Pre-Lodgement Enquiry Form.
See: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/pre.htm

If your correspondence relates to one of the following subjects:
? Request to withdraw a GSM application;
? Request for a refund of the Visa Application Charge in relation to a GSM application;
? Advice of an addition to your family; or a
? Bridging Visa matter.

Transaction Reference Number (TRN) Enquiries

You can access information about the progress of your online application at any time following lodgement. You will need to use your unique TRN to do this. If you do not know your TRN you can locate it at the top of your automatic notification of application email. Individual TRN?s are unable to be provided via this automated response system.

Urgent Matters

If your correspondence is urgent in nature we ask that you telephone our Service Centre on (+61) 1300 364 613 or 131 881 for assistance.

Yours sincerely,
Department of Immigration and Citizenship
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 10:13 am

Yes, it does give you a box to actually write something in. From the answers I get, I can see that it is a computer that reads the questions, picks up certain words and still give you a general response with links to the website to get answers.
I asked the question weather I should go for my medicals or if I should wait for a CO.....this is the email I received back. (I just did i again and you get the answer withing a minute). If you follow any of the links in this answer they send you, you get back to the tick box page....so it is a runaround, thus the reason I actually called them.

Dear Client,

Thank you for your correspondence regarding General Skilled Migration (GSM).

This service is an unattended automated response system only. Instructions about where you can obtain information are outlined below.

Change of Contact Pathways for Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485) and Recognised Graduate (Subclass 476) Visas

Effective 1 July 2013, processing of Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485) and Recognised Graduate (Subclass 476) visa applications transferred from GSM to Temporary Visas.

If your correspondence relates to one of the above Temporary Visa applications please refer your matter to the new contact pathways available at: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/aust...ntres/tgvc.htm

GSM Visas (excludes subclasses 485 and 476)

If you have lodged a GSM visa application and your correspondence relates to when your application will be allocated to a case officer, please review the published allocation dates.

If you have been contacted by a case officer about your GSM visa application you must correspond directly with your case officer by email. Your case officer will provide you with a specific email address to use after they have made their initial assessment of your application.

If you have lodged a GSM visa application, but have not yet been contacted by a case officer, use the GSM Post-Lodgement Enquiry Form.
See: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm

Before you contact the department with general GSM visa enquiries, you should read the website content and relevant fact sheets.
See: Professionals and Other Skilled Migrants

If you have not lodged a GSM visa application, and would like more information, use the GSM Pre-Lodgement Enquiry Form.
See: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/pre.htm

If your correspondence relates to one of the following subjects:
? Request to withdraw a GSM application;
? Request for a refund of the Visa Application Charge in relation to a GSM application;
? Advice of an addition to your family; or a
? Bridging Visa matter.

Transaction Reference Number (TRN) Enquiries

You can access information about the progress of your online application at any time following lodgement. You will need to use your unique TRN to do this. If you do not know your TRN you can locate it at the top of your automatic notification of application email. Individual TRN?s are unable to be provided via this automated response system.

Urgent Matters

If your correspondence is urgent in nature we ask that you telephone our Service Centre on (+61) 1300 364 613 or 131 881 for assistance.

Yours sincerely,
Department of Immigration and Citizenship
Yep. The current online methods of communication are about as useful as a chocolate fire extinguisher.