Suitable course for PR

Old Oct 1st 2013, 9:01 am
Just Joined

adeel644 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Suitable course for PR

I am in Melbourne just going to finish my diploma of screen and media, but the profession is not in demand. looking for advice that which course would be suitable to get PR. IT, painting, locksmith, hairdressing, cookery or any other course?.
Thanks
Old Oct 1st 2013, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suitable course for PR

Surely finding a course that you're interested in and feel able to do is more important than one that might be helpful for a visa?
Old Oct 1st 2013, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Surely finding a course that you're interested in and feel able to do is more important than one that might be helpful for a visa?
yep, i have already done the course i was interested in, but not helpful to find job or get PR
Old Oct 1st 2013, 10:58 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adeel644
I am in Melbourne just going to finish my diploma of screen and media, but the profession is not in demand. looking for advice that which course would be suitable to get PR. IT, painting, locksmith, hairdressing, cookery or any other course?.
Thanks
Hi adeel, what visa are you currently on? I think the trades you've mentioned require you to serve an apprenticeship (minimum 3 years) before being deemed qualified.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi adeel, what visa are you currently on? I think the trades you've mentioned require you to serve an apprenticeship (minimum 3 years) before being deemed qualified.
student visa subclass 572, but, not sure what to do, seeking for any expert opinion
Old Oct 1st 2013, 11:20 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

student visa subclass 572, but, not sure what to do, seeking for any expert opinion
If you need expert advice you should be contacting a MARA agent.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
If you need expert advice you should be contacting a MARA agent.
talked with few MARA agents, they don't have good knowledge about the professions that i have mentioned, they just know the rules but not sure about industry trends.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 11:57 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

talked with few MARA agents, they don't have good knowledge about the professions that i have mentioned, they just know the rules but not sure about industry trends.
Have you looked at the CSOL to see what occupations are there? Also, if you check Skill Select reports, there is information on the number of visas available for each occupation group - but no-one can say what will happen in the future when you have completed your studies and are in a position where you could pass the skills assessment for an occupation.

If you have completed your course - will that enable you to get work in your home country or elsewhere, as your student visa ceases after course completion.

If you are looking for another course, think of what jobs you would be happy doing, and what you would need to study to be able to do that work - and whether you need to be doing that study here, in your home country or elsewhere.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Have you looked at the CSOL to see what occupations are there? Also, if you check Skill Select reports, there is information on the number of visas available for each occupation group - but no-one can say what will happen in the future when you have completed your studies and are in a position where you could pass the skills assessment for an occupation.

If you have completed your course - will that enable you to get work in your home country or elsewhere, as your student visa ceases after course completion.

If you are looking for another course, think of what jobs you would be happy doing, and what you would need to study to be able to do that work - and whether you need to be doing that study here, in your home country or elsewhere.
understand and skill select report is easily available on DIAC website ?
Old Oct 1st 2013, 1:04 pm

understand and skill select report is easily available on DIAC website ?
Yes - http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/ - just look at the top of the page for the reports tab then further down the page at occupational ceilings. There are 6 groups with limited places, and every other group gives the ceiling, and number of invitations issued as things currently stand. Of course, no one can say what will happen in 4 years time when you have the necessary skills
Old Oct 1st 2013, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Yes - http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/ - just look at the top of the page for the reports tab then further down the page at occupational ceilings. There are 6 groups with limited places, and every other group gives the ceiling, and number of invitations issued as things currently stand. Of course, no one can say what will happen in 4 years time when you have the necessary skills
Thanks
Old Oct 1st 2013, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, you really share a useful link, i asked many agents but they were reluctant to share the information that how many invitations are available for this year. Basically i am TV journalist and my course will finish this year, my skill is available in ACT but i can't apply as an onshore candidate, i have to go offshore, now this information would help me to take the decision either go back to my country and apply or explore some other study option. One more thing i couldn't get that few professions are not in SOL or state government skill list but invitation is still available for such profession.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 1:44 pm

Thanks, you really share a useful link, i asked many agents but they were reluctant to share the information that how many invitations are available for this year. Basically i am TV journalist and my course will finish this year, my skill is available in ACT but i can't apply as an onshore candidate, i have to go offshore, now this information would help me to take the decision either go back to my country and apply or explore some other study option. One more thing i couldn't get that few professions are not in SOL or state government skill list but invitation is still available for such profession.
If an occupation is on the SOL, you can get an invitation without any sponsorship (unless needed for points)

If an occupation is on the CSOL but not the SOL, then you need either state or employer sponsorship. State is often easier to get, but each state has it's own list and what one state will sponsor is often not the same as another state - and each state sets it's own criteria regarding funds, IELTS, experience, etc
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 11:19 am
Just Joined

If an occupation is on the SOL, you can get an invitation without any sponsorship (unless needed for points)

If an occupation is on the CSOL but not the SOL, then you need either state or employer sponsorship. State is often easier to get, but each state has it's own list and what one state will sponsor is often not the same as another state - and each state sets it's own criteria regarding funds, IELTS, experience, etc
one more thing, in skillselect report, status of few professions have not been mentioned, like locksmith, though the profession is in SOL. similarly how many TV journalists are needed are not mentioned. one more thing if you can help,
can we find skillselect report state wise. thanks
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 11:38 am

one more thing, in skillselect report, status of few professions have not been mentioned, like locksmith, though the profession is in SOL. similarly how many TV journalists are needed are not mentioned. one more thing if you can help,
can we find skillselect report state wise. thanks
Locksmith (323313) is in group 3233 Precision Metal Trades Workers

TV journalists (212416) are in group 2124 Journalists and Other Writers

Each state has it's own plan - you'll have to check them individually for availability - it may not give an actual number - just high availability, low availability, etc

Google the state if you are unsure - eg NSW state migration and you should get a link

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.