GSM 175 application - Urgent Queries

Old Feb 10th 2010, 4:06 am
Just Joined

sofarsogood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GSM 175 application - Urgent Queries

You better get the facts right..
as I believe the recent changes have scrapped the MODL and so on.

Cheers.

Originally Posted by Puuja
Really qamar,
are you sure just bcoz of ielts thing it will be rejected. i am devastated now.
i think today i will draft a letter to refund my money atleast and then re apply.

how much time are the new applicatiosn taking to get CO assigned? i guess you got it in 4 months right?
do you think i shud still wait for co and then convice him on ielts thing?

i heartbroken now, i would have never imagined this small thign can ruin my application? please suggect somethign there shud be a way out?

can you please fwd me the email from your frend which brought the application fee back atleast.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 4:07 am
Just Joined

So just wanted to make sure you know what you are doing and getting into if thinking to re-apply.. as things will be really tougher now on..

Originally Posted by sofarsogood

Cheers.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 4:08 am
Just Joined

Puuja is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sofarsogood

Cheers.
so does that mean that if i reapply i cannot claim for critical skills point? i guess only modl is scrapped and not critical skills?
Old Feb 10th 2010, 4:08 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Puuja
Really qamar,
are you sure just bcoz of ielts thing it will be rejected. i am devastated now.
i think today i will draft a letter to refund my money atleast and then re apply.

how much time are the new applicatiosn taking to get CO assigned? i guess you got it in 4 months right?
do you think i shud still wait for co and then convice him on ielts thing?

i heartbroken now, i would have never imagined this small thign can ruin my application? please suggect somethign there shud be a way out?

can you please fwd me the email from your frend which brought the application fee back atleast.
You must provide proof of english ability at the time you apply. Application fees are non-refundable usually if you simply made a mistake. You should have read the instructions about what is required before you lodged, so it is not DIAC's fault.

Nobody can tell you how long it will be before a case officer is assigned, but even if you get a case officer tomorrow he or she will not be able to be "convinced him on the IELTS thing". The case officers at DIAC must work within the laws and policies set out by the department of immigration and cannot make exceptions simply because you didn't read the requirements before you applied.

There is no other way out except to withdraw your application. You may get lucky and be refunded your fee, but then again don't hold your breath.

And please do not use this forum to ask people to send you personal information about themselves or others.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 4:11 am
Just Joined

Puuja is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy

And please do not use this forum to ask people to send you personal information about themselves or others.
I say sorry for that
Old Feb 10th 2010, 4:48 am
Just Joined

A brief on my case:

MODL & CSL: ASCO 2211-11 - Accountant; IELTS 8 (8/8.5/8/7.5).
GSM 175 submitted and acknowledged on 22/12/2009.

Is there a tentative timeframe by when I can expect CO to be allocated? Also I have submitted pretty much everything I could (though still struggling for my work reference letters - as asked in one of the queries above); is there any thing else that I can submit at this stage (e.g. PCC?)?

Cheers.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice

I lodged my application online in December 2008, and it was a clear instruction that, without having a valid IELTS result at the time of application, the application will not be valid....So I guess your agent is correct. I suggest don't take it bad, as there is a chance you might end up better off (in terms of waiting time) if you withdraw and reapply.

Regards.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 6:27 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=652003

Please read this sticky before posting in the immigration forum.

As the OP's question has now been answered this thread is closed.