GSM 175 application - Urgent Queries

Old Feb 7th 2010, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

sofarsogood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GSM 175 application - Urgent Queries

Hi

I am currently on 457 and have applied for 175 independent GSM PR category in dec 2009.

Wanted to check the following:

1. what importance is given for past employers' work reference letters and what is the alternate in case the employer is not coordinating in providing a detailed letter containing my roles and responsibilities - the only thing that i have obtained contains my tenure, level, full-time status, etc. I have attached recent pay slips etc. along with.

2. Do i need to submit my resume as well?

3. My documents status still show as 'required' though I have submitted those.. by when do I expect this to be changed to received or met?

4. Mine is an offshore application though I am already working in Australia (on 457). My acknowledgement letter states in documents reqd for form 80 and 1221 - do i need to provide these at this stage itself?

Please advise.

Cheers.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 3:56 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GSM 175 application - Urgent Queries

Originally Posted by sofarsogood
Hi

I am currently on 457 and have applied for 175 independent GSM PR category in dec 2009.

Wanted to check the following:
1. what importance is given for past employers' work reference letters and what is the alternate in case the employer is not coordinating in providing a detailed letter containing my roles and responsibilities - the only thing that i have obtained contains my tenure, level, full-time status, etc. I have attached recent pay slips etc. along with.
Your reference letter must state your name, your job title, hours of work, your 5 main duties, your start and end dates of employment. Salary is optional. It should be printed on company letterhead.

Is there a reason why your employer on your 457 refuses to give you this? Is he willing to sponsor you for ENS instead?
2. Do i need to submit my resume as well?
Is it on the documents checklist? Whatever your answer to that question is will be the same as the answer to question 2
3. My documents status still show as 'required' though I have submitted those.. by when do I expect this to be changed to received or met?
When someone gets around to changing it.
4. Mine is an offshore application though I am already working in Australia (on 457). My acknowledgement letter states in documents reqd for form 80 and 1221 - do i need to provide these at this stage itself?
Is it on the documents required list? Your answer to this will be the same as the answer to question 4

Please advise.

Cheers.
Answers above
Old Feb 7th 2010, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Ok, all this helps..

the employer i meant is my previous employer.. the letter obtained from them does not contain my roles/ functions. will this be an issue?

and do i need any such letter from my current employer as well? i have simply attached the offer letter when i started - but it again does not contain the roles/ functions that i will be carrying out?

Cheers.

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Your reference letter must state your name, your job title, hours of work, your 5 main duties, your start and end dates of employment. Salary is optional. It should be printed on company letterhead.

Is there a reason why your employer on your 457 refuses to give you this? Is he willing to sponsor you for ENS instead?

Is it on the documents checklist? Whatever your answer to that question is will be the same as the answer to question 2

When someone gets around to changing it.
Is it on the documents required list? Your answer to this will be the same as the answer to question 4

Answers above
Old Feb 8th 2010, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

Puuja is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: GSM 175 application - Urgent Queries

Hi I am My case is quite similar. I am here on 457 visa since July 08.
I applied for my PR in JUly 09 after completing my 12 months work exp in australia.

So far ( after 6 months) I have not heard any thing my Department of Immigration. No case officer has been assinged yet.
I am on CSL and I think I scored 135points when I applied.
I have my partner attached to my application too.

Not to mention mine is an offshore application and i am from a HR country.

Can someone please inform me what could be wrong in my aplication therefore no CO has been assigned to me yet.
I read in other post that peopel who applied in ausgust 09 have already got thr Visa to the least have a CO assigned.

any information is much appreciated.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

This scares me all the more, as having applied only in Dec 2009 I am already expecting a CO to be allocated soon ahead.

Also what do you mean by being from a HR country?

Cheers.

Originally Posted by Puuja
I applied for my PR in JUly 09 after completing my 12 months work exp in australia.

So far ( after 6 months) I have not heard any thing my Department of Immigration. No case officer has been assinged yet.

Can someone please inform me what could be wrong in my aplication therefore no CO has been assigned to me yet.
I read in other post that peopel who applied in ausgust 09 have already got thr Visa to the least have a CO assigned.

Old Feb 8th 2010, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Sorry for using abbreviations. HR means High Risk countries.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 4:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You are from a high risk country so they will be doing extra checks. The speed of processing will be dependent on how quickly your country carries out the requested checks.
If people are from Low risk countries they will almost certainly be processed faster. Everyone's timeline is individual and just because some people have been granted that has no correlation to when yours will be granted.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Where can we get this list of high risk countries? and then even the CO does not get allocated if the applicant is from a HR country?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You are from a high risk country so they will be doing extra checks. The speed of processing will be dependent on how quickly your country carries out the requested checks.
If people are from Low risk countries they will almost certainly be processed faster. Everyone's timeline is individual and just because some people have been granted that has no correlation to when yours will be granted.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Exclamation Re: GSM 175 application - Urgent Queries

I do not even have a CO assigned to my application. I guess checks are done post CO allocation . isint?
Many People from HR countries have said int he forum that they got the CO assigned after 3 months or so post lodgment.
This makes me worried.
The list of Hight risk counties is there on immigration website.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

You mind sending me a link for this?
and what country are you from?

Cheers.

I do not even have a CO assigned to my application. I guess checks are done post CO allocation . isint?
Many People from HR countries have said int he forum that they got the CO assigned after 3 months or so post lodgment.
This makes me worried.
The list of Hight risk counties is there on immigration website.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice

While on the subject of High and Low Risk Countries, does it also apply to someone who has lodged an onshore application and has been in Australia for previous three years?

Regards,
Joe
Old Feb 8th 2010, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Matrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the rough

You mind sending me a link for this?
and what country are you from?

Cheers.
I guess you're talking about which countries are high risk and which are low risk countries.
High risk countries are all the countries which are not ETA / eVisitor eligible (stated for example here: http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/3.0.htm).

Which countries are ETA eligible can be found here:
http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ETAAus1En.html
And for eVisitor here:
http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tour...ligibility.htm
Old Feb 9th 2010, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs down Re: GSM 175 application - Urgent Queries

Dear all,
Finally after calling imigration thrice I got two new information about my application delay.
1) i didnt submit ielts score while lodging 175 application. The agent in immigration said that most likely application will be refused. Since i dint meet ielts criteria at the time of applying. I explained to him that oct 09 was the latest date i could get to sit in exam. not enough to convince him.
I am very worried , do no know what to do. He suggested to withdraw the application and reapply.
I wud have never thot that this could be a serious problem. m a lot worried, after 6 months of waiting i get this .

2) Another agent said that i applied under modl 2231-17 (analyst programmer) although my ACS letter says I am asco 2231-79. He suggested that due this problem I am not sitting on critical list hence the delay.
When asked more He said also IELTS requirement not meeting could be another reason for delay.

I think I have complety screwed my application.
I do not what to do.
For now I am plannign to send a form 1023 (notification of incorrect information) to correct my asco atleast.

Do anyone think I have any chance of getting a CO soon. AT this point I am feeling pity on myself.
Please some one senior on this forum give me some advice.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

qamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really nice

Dear all,
Finally after calling imigration thrice I got two new information about my application delay.
1) i didnt submit ielts score while lodging 175 application. The agent in immigration said that most likely application will be refused. Since i dint meet ielts criteria at the time of applying. I explained to him that oct 09 was the latest date i could get to sit in exam. not enough to convince him.
I am very worried , do no know what to do. He suggested to withdraw the application and reapply.
I wud have never thot that this could be a serious problem. m a lot worried, after 6 months of waiting i get this .

2) Another agent said that i applied under modl 2231-17 (analyst programmer) although my ACS letter says I am asco 2231-79. He suggested that due this problem I am not sitting on critical list hence the delay.
When asked more He said also IELTS requirement not meeting could be another reason for delay.

I think I have complety screwed my application.
I do not what to do.
For now I am plannign to send a form 1023 (notification of incorrect information) to correct my asco atleast.

Do anyone think I have any chance of getting a CO soon. AT this point I am feeling pity on myself.
Please some one senior on this forum give me some advice.
Puuja, i am really sorry for your situtaion..

You can correct your ASCO code in the application but IELTS thing is gonna screw your application. as it is clearly mentioned in DIAC website that now we need to have IELTS before applying for immigration. Most likely your application will be refused. you can contact DIAC through mail and give genuine reasons for your mistake , they might be able to help you in getting money back... I know an applicant who tried this trick and his money was refunded rather than application being refused because of IELTS thing.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by qamar_qadian
Puuja, i am really sorry for your situtaion..

You can correct your ASCO code in the application but IELTS thing is gonna screw your application. as it is clearly mentioned in DIAC website that now we need to have IELTS before applying for immigration. Most likely your application will be refused. you can contact DIAC through mail and give genuine reasons for your mistake , they might be able to help you in getting money back... I know an applicant who tried this trick and his money was refunded rather than application being refused because of IELTS thing.
Really qamar,
are you sure just bcoz of ielts thing it will be rejected. i am devastated now.
i think today i will draft a letter to refund my money atleast and then re apply.

how much time are the new applicatiosn taking to get CO assigned? i guess you got it in 4 months right?
do you think i shud still wait for co and then convice him on ielts thing?

i heartbroken now, i would have never imagined this small thign can ruin my application? please suggect somethign there shud be a way out?

can you please fwd me the email from your frend which brought the application fee back atleast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.