British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/gsm-175-176-visa-applications%3B-january-june-2012-a-745206/)

anujoz Jul 19th 2012 4:31 am

Re: 175 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

You should be ok there rohan0927 as you were within the deadline. But the test centre took so long to respond is surprising. By the way has your online status changed to application being processed further?

rohan0927 Jul 19th 2012 4:28 pm

Thanks anujoz for your comment. Still online status are not changed and I am comfused because four weeks already left. Any openion?

khanyawar Jul 19th 2012 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by rohan0927 (Post 10181836)
:confused:Hi all

Applied 175 online on 27th March 2012 as production Engineer. Received mail from CO on 30th May stating that my IELTS results (TRF) not matched with on line verification and asked to reply within 28 days. I checked this IELTS matter with test center and they sent a confirmation mail to the CO directly on 23rd June (just 4days befor the dead line). Still I havent got reply from the CO. Does it take mor time?

Wow, you would never think that things like that could also happen... tough luck!

you should complain to IELTS authorities why the online verification failed and caused you unnecessary trouble.

Pollyana Jul 19th 2012 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by rohan0927 (Post 10182685)
Thanks anujoz for your comment. Still online status are not changed and I am comfused because four weeks already left. Any openion?

Many online statuses are never updated and visas are granted while the status says "documents required". You cannot rely on the status being updated.

anujoz Jul 20th 2012 1:45 am

Yes pollyanna you are correct. I wanted rohan0927 to confirm to all of us that he has a CO assigned but his online status has not changed to being processed further. So you never know someone may already be looking into our application without us even knowing it. Thats creepy! :)

mrsgreenstar76 Jul 20th 2012 11:46 am

Originally Posted by anujoz (Post 10183416)
Yes pollyanna you are correct. I wanted rohan0927 to confirm to all of us that he has a CO assigned but his online status has not changed to being processed further. So you never know someone may already be looking into our application without us even knowing it. Thats creepy! :)

It wouldn't matter if they had a CO or not, it wouldn't have any impact on your application (or anyone else's).

Pollyana Jul 20th 2012 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by anujoz (Post 10183416)

What's creepy about it? :) Many COs, Support Officers and Admin officers are likely to handle part of your application during its processing time. Logic says that no one person is going to do every single part of the process, its about good use of resources - for instance if a CO needs a large part of the file copied they may hand it to an Admin Officer as that is moer within their role while the CO carries on processing and verifying documents.
Equally its logical that every time someone touches the file they don't update the status - some staff are better than others, we've observed over the years - nor do they contact you to just say "Hi, I'm doing this to your file today"- each contact has to be logged and documented according to government file note guidelines, and that slows down the actual processing. Hence staff will only contact you when they need to, otherwise they are creating more work for themselves by having to make records of that contact :)

Hope that makes sense!

Aus_NSS Jul 20th 2012 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76 (Post 10166813)
Please don't request e-mail addresses/contact details for COs. They have a right to work without their details being spread across the 'net.

Can any one at least tell what is the SUBJECT CO use while contacting people, cause i am getting a lot of junk e mail now a days and having trouble filtering them :banghead:.....................what can be done if any one do miss out the e mail CO sends :embarrassed_smile:....any good advice would be highly appreciated

anujoz Jul 20th 2012 11:45 pm

Yes it does make sense that they are not increasing work for themselves :) And it also boils down to the fact that getting a PR visa is not easy and should not be easy. Even if there are no pending apps, they cannot grant it in 2 months - thats not the norm anywhere. So keeping my fingers crossed and awaiting outcome. I am only adding value to my application in the meantime by adding any additional document that I can find that supports my case. Sticking to the basics... :)

anujoz Jul 21st 2012 12:03 am

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76 (Post 10184210)
It wouldn't matter if they had a CO or not, it wouldn't have any impact on your application (or anyone else's).

It was not about whether it affects my or anyone else's application but about the online status of the application after a CO has contacted the applicant :lightbulb:

mrsgreenstar76 Jul 21st 2012 12:09 am

Originally Posted by anujoz (Post 10184910)
It was not about whether it affects my or anyone else's application but about the online status of the application after a CO has contacted the applicant :lightbulb:

Well, as Pollyana has already mentioned, online statuses don't have much impact. People get visas granted with their status still showing required. Either way, it doesn't matter what the other poster's status is. :)

lachuupriya Jul 22nd 2012 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by qadeer591 (Post 10176785)
Need to know what will usually happen when the CO is assigned.

Will the CO send an email and also update the documents status online?

@qadeer591
Under what category you applied (Code pls)
I'm also from PLC background

Thanks,
Lachuu

stuie83 Jul 22nd 2012 9:32 pm

Yey... Finally got my police check back. 1 day shy of a 7 week wait.
:fingerscrossed: that PR is not too far off now.

sanjuwakhare Jul 25th 2012 12:01 am

I pressed the 'send' button long back on 6th June 2011.

*Subclass 175
*UK Based
*SOL: Software Developer
*Application was on hold from December 2011 to June 2012 due to spouse's pregnancy. Form 1022 submitted.
*New baby's birth certificate, registration and passport application's in process.

* Would soon submit Form 1022 after receiving baby's certificates and passport. (I opted here to wait for documents and send one form 1022 rather than sending one immediately after birth and then again after gettign passport. However, I've informed via email about the birth.)

JustJulia Jul 25th 2012 1:27 am

Visa Grated today just in time for the economic downturn announcement!

175 Applied - Software Engineer - 30th May 2012
CO allocated requesting Medicals - 25th June
PCC & Medicals uploaded 20th July
Grant today, hooray!

Off to Melbourne in Feb.....forever :)