British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/gsm-175-176-visa-applications%3B-january-june-2012-a-745206/)

Pollyana Aug 29th 2012 1:04 am

Re: GSM - 175/176 Visa Applications; January - June 2012

Originally Posted by ahmaddd2 (Post 10252526)
One more query please :

Some of my friends have received Medical & PCC calls here recently , so if I make my PCC from the authorities ( cuz it’s a tiring process here) & keep it ready with me ( cuz it has 3 months validity). So hoping if I get a Medical & PCC call in a month , I submit it straight away ..!!! Any harm in doing it .?

No, except that the 12 month life of the pcc is from the date on which the check is done, not the date on which you submit it to DIAC.

ahmaddd2 Aug 29th 2012 2:47 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 10252644)
No, except that the 12 month life of the pcc is from the date on which the check is done, not the date on which you submit it to DIAC.

So it means, I can make my PCC ready in advance.. :) .. Thanks

Desertwombat Aug 29th 2012 5:05 am

Originally Posted by mnicona (Post 10250888)

I told my little boy (3) and he wanted to go feed a kangaroo this afternoon (like he did on his last trip out there)....I don't think he quite realizes that it's more than a few hours to Australia!

That's brilliant. Made me smile.

mnicona Aug 29th 2012 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Desertwombat (Post 10253208)
That's brilliant. Made me smile.

Made me smile too :)

What made me smile even more is that DIAC only took 3.5 months to process my application and award me my Visa! I'm hoping this may be a positive thing for others on here, and it may show that they are processing a little faster than previously.

Good luck everyone.

jeyaramesh03 Aug 30th 2012 6:16 pm

Time frame between pcc and grant ?

Congrats to justjulia, mnicona and other buddies !

Generally, after all met status, med and pcc submitted
what is the time frame for the grant ... I am just curious

Because other time frames we are able to guess .
what CO will be looking for at this stage ?

All the best for other 175/176 aspirants.

mnicona Aug 30th 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Time frame between pcc and grant ?

Originally Posted by jeyaramesh03 (Post 10256342)
Congrats to justjulia, mnicona and other buddies !

Generally, after all met status, med and pcc submitted
what is the time frame for the grant ... I am just curious

Because other time frames we are able to guess .
what CO will be looking for at this stage ?

All the best for other 175/176 aspirants.

I did post my timeline, but here it is again...

Just adding a time line update for my 175 visa application (family of 4)...

MAY 15 - Submitted an online application (all standard forms as well as ACS and IELTS results)
AUG 04 - Case Officer assigned and requested medicals and police clearances
AUG 09 - Applied for UK police clearance certificates (myself and my wife)
AUG 13 - Completed all required medicals (myself, wife and two children)
AUG 13 - Applied for CANADIAN police clearance certificates (myself and my wife)
AUG 20 - Medicals received by DIAC
AUG 21 - UK and CANADIAN police clearance certificates received and uploaded to DIAC
AUG 27 - VISA GRANTED!!!

Obviously doesn't mean you can 'guarantee' how others timeline will turn out, but it can to an extent be used to demonstrate that DIAC are processing faster than previously.

shah Aug 31st 2012 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by mnicona (Post 10256391)
I did post my timeline, but here it is again...

Just adding a time line update for my 175 visa application (family of 4)...

MAY 15 - Submitted an online application (all standard forms as well as ACS and IELTS results)
AUG 04 - Case Officer assigned and requested medicals and police clearances
AUG 09 - Applied for UK police clearance certificates (myself and my wife)
AUG 13 - Completed all required medicals (myself, wife and two children)
AUG 13 - Applied for CANADIAN police clearance certificates (myself and my wife)
AUG 20 - Medicals received by DIAC
AUG 21 - UK and CANADIAN police clearance certificates received and uploaded to DIAC
AUG 27 - VISA GRANTED!!!

Obviously doesn't mean you can 'guarantee' how others timeline will turn out, but it can to an extent be used to demonstrate that DIAC are processing faster than previously.

Hi All,

i made my application on 8th June 2012 and just got a CO allocated on 27th August,,....i am from a HR country...CO has asked for some additional documents regarding employment evidence....status for my other documents have changed from outstanding or required to met except medicals, PCCs and employment evidences...

I hope all goes smoothly from here on...can anyone tell how long it is after you get a CO assigned...though, i was surprised that a CO was assigned to my application within 3 months.

regards Shah

old.sparkles Aug 31st 2012 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by shah (Post 10258229)
Hi All,

i made my application on 8th June 2012 and just got a CO allocated on 27th August,,....i am from a HR country...CO has asked for some additional documents regarding employment evidence....status for my other documents have changed from outstanding or required to met except medicals, PCCs and employment evidences...

I hope all goes smoothly from here on...can anyone tell how long it is after you get a CO assigned...though, i was surprised that a CO was assigned to my application within 3 months.

regards Shah

How long is a piece of string??

No-one can tell you how long - it takes as long as it takes

Alternately 2years, 5 months, 13days, 2 hours and 44minutes!

mnicona Aug 31st 2012 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 10258245)
How long is a piece of string??

No-one can tell you how long - it takes as long as it takes

Alternately 2years, 5 months, 13days, 2 hours and 44minutes!

Sorry Old.Sparkles, but I think you'll actually find it's 2years, 2 months, 21days, 4 hours and 23minutes ;)

Seriously though... Shah unfortunately nobody is able to provide actual timelines. Everyone's case is very different and it could be super fast or take years...it simply depends.

I guess the point of these threads are more for general updates, but with that said it can at times help to show how DIAC are generally processing based on more 'normal' applications (low risk, less complicated etc).

For instance I applied back in 2007 before the last lot of requirement changes. It took about 2 years to get a CO assigned, and then another 6 months to be asked for meds and pcc's etc. I didn't end up needing to get meds/pcc's in the end as this was at the point that DIAC invoked the cap and cease on all applicants who applied before July 2007 (which included me)...so my application was cancelled.

The reason I'm saying this is that when I re-applied it only took 3.5 months in total from submitting the application to being granted a visa. So you see, posting timelines like this can potentially help to demonstrate how DIAC are approaching their processing etc....but like anything in life, it should never be taken as something that you base your decisions or hopes on.

Your case is unique to you, and my rule of thumb is to always look at the timelines stated on DIACs website (based on your application processing priority), and simply stick that timeline in your head. Anything faster is a bonus right :)

shah Aug 31st 2012 8:27 pm

Thanks mnicona..i appreciate the elaborated response.....:nod:

lets keep our fingers crossed :fingerscrossed: and hope for the best

Originally Posted by mnicona (Post 10258256)
Sorry Old.Sparkles, but I think you'll actually find it's 2years, 2 months, 21days, 4 hours and 23minutes ;)

Seriously though... Shah unfortunately nobody is able to provide actual timelines. Everyone's case is very different and it could be super fast or take years...it simply depends.

I guess the point of these threads are more for general updates, but with that said it can at times help to show how DIAC are generally processing based on more 'normal' applications (low risk, less complicated etc).

For instance I applied back in 2007 before the last lot of requirement changes. It took about 2 years to get a CO assigned, and then another 6 months to be asked for meds and pcc's etc. I didn't end up needing to get meds/pcc's in the end as this was at the point that DIAC invoked the cap and cease on all applicants who applied before July 2007 (which included me)...so my application was cancelled.

The reason I'm saying this is that when I re-applied it only took 3.5 months in total from submitting the application to being granted a visa. So you see, posting timelines like this can potentially help to demonstrate how DIAC are approaching their processing etc....but like anything in life, it should never be taken as something that you base your decisions or hopes on.

Your case is unique to you, and my rule of thumb is to always look at the timelines stated on DIACs website (based on your application processing priority), and simply stick that timeline in your head. Anything faster is a bonus right :)

mnicona Aug 31st 2012 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by shah (Post 10258259)
Thanks mnicona..i appreciate the elaborated response.....:nod:

lets keep our fingers crossed :fingerscrossed: and hope for the best

Do I detect an air of sarcasm there ;)

shah Aug 31st 2012 8:44 pm

ABSOLUTELY not :rofl:

by the way...please put some light on cap and cease?

Originally Posted by mnicona (Post 10258285)
Do I detect an air of sarcasm there ;)

mnicona Aug 31st 2012 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by shah (Post 10258289)
ABSOLUTELY not :rofl:

by the way...please put some light on cap and cease?

Still not sure if you're being sarcastic...lol!

Anyway, now you're asking me to 'elaborate' on something!!!

Below is an excerpt from the Cap and Cease letters sent out a few years ago to those waiting for their applications to be processed. It basically meant 'we've reached our quota, so we're effectively cancelling your application - sorry!".

shah Aug 31st 2012 9:08 pm

no sarcasm ....relax ...lol....:p

this cap and cease is terrifying ...... this means it can happen anytime and out of no where?? :thumbdown:

Originally Posted by mnicona (Post 10258324)
Still not sure if you're being sarcastic...lol!

Anyway, now you're asking me to 'elaborate' on something!!!

Below is an excerpt from the Cap and Cease letters sent out a few years ago to those waiting for their applications to be processed. It basically meant 'we've reached our quota, so we're effectively cancelling your application - sorry!".

mnicona Aug 31st 2012 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by shah (Post 10258336)
no sarcasm ....relax ...lol....:p

this cap and cease is terrifying ...... this means it can happen anytime and out of no where?? :thumbdown:

I guess it can unfortunately, however I think the introduction of the new Skillselect process is aiming to reduce the likelihood of this happening again. Skillselect aims to better manage the numbers of active applications in the system (i.e. they invite you to apply).

Good luck!