got a shock with police check results!!

Old Sep 17th 2008, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about
Default got a shock with police check results!!

Police checks were delivered today and whilst mine shows "no trace" husbands says "no live trace". It does not say why and we can only think of something that happened 20 years ago, a very minor childish trick of jumping out of a taxi without paying! Thing is i did not declare this on visa application, however i am just filling in form 80 and will declare it on there, do you think this will be enough or should i also enclose a letter saying we had forgotten all about it??
Old Sep 17th 2008, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

georginabutcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: got a shock with police check results!!

Originally Posted by jollyswagman
Police checks were delivered today and whilst mine shows "no trace" husbands says "no live trace". It does not say why and we can only think of something that happened 20 years ago, a very minor childish trick of jumping out of a taxi without paying! Thing is i did not declare this on visa application, however i am just filling in form 80 and will declare it on there, do you think this will be enough or should i also enclose a letter saying we had forgotten all about it??
Hi,just sent off for police checks today.Before you confess all on form 80 give ACRO (they do the police checks) a call on 08456013999 to find out what this means you may be worrying for nothing. Good luck
Old Sep 18th 2008, 3:38 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Enclose a letter explaining what the offence was and - as you say - explain you'd forgotten all about it. It'll be fine - you just need to explain it because DIAC will know what "no live trace" means.

Quote:
"NO LIVE TRACE - this means that you do have a Police record and information for this is held about you on the Police National computer. This information does not appear on your Police certificate as it has been stepped down in accordance with the Retention Guidelines for nominal records on the Police National computer. The retention guidelines for nominal records can be found on the ACPO and homeoffice websites.
It must be stated that although your conviction/s may have been stepped down they still form part of your criminal history."

Gina
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about

That is reassuring, i will write a letter to explain and submit with form 80!
Thank you
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

seansuperhoop is on a distinguished road

might be in order to find out exactly is on the system about your husband. An ordinary police check under the Fredoom of info act will provide this though it takes around 40 days.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

EDandD is an unknown quantity at this point

Would that be the old Subject Access form - the one that costs £15ish. Would that list anything even if it was "spent"?
Old Sep 19th 2008, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

nickynush will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by EDandD
Would that be the old Subject Access form - the one that costs £15ish. Would that list anything even if it was "spent"?
Yes it's £10 and shows anything ever on your record. OH just had his back and his arrest for a public order offence 25 years ago was on it!!
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EDandD
Yes, it lists everything on record, spent or not.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:21 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

I did not declare something which I had been told was not a conviction (I was charged and was told they would not prosecute if I paid £50 costs). This did show up on my police check, I explained my confusion and we got in!
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

After reading the posts it seems to me that immigration would be better with the cheaper forms as they at least tell you what the offence was!! There is'nt a date or descrption of the offence on the £35 police check and i had assumed it would be more thorough with it being more expensive!!
Well you live and learn! I have written and explained that i made an error on my application and that i did not intentionally mislead them, i hope this does not ruin our chances!!
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Tellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really nice

After reading the posts it seems to me that immigration would be better with the cheaper forms as they at least tell you what the offence was!! There is'nt a date or descrption of the offence on the £35 police check and i had assumed it would be more thorough with it being more expensive!!
Well you live and learn! I have written and explained that i made an error on my application and that i did not intentionally mislead them, i hope this does not ruin our chances!!
Hi

I had the same problem - my police check came back with No Live Trace so I phoned up and queried it. They told me what it was with no cost involved. Having never been involved anything I was quite worried and they told me that I had broken into a shop, been arrested, been to court and fined! Luckily they had finger prints on the file so I could prove that it was not me but fortunately it did not come to this - they called me back about 20 minutes later and told me it was an admin error and reissued the correct certificate.

I would definately give them a ring and check it out because they do mistakes!!
Old Sep 20th 2008, 3:10 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickynush
Yes it's £10 and shows anything ever on your record. OH just had his back and his arrest for a public order offence 25 years ago was on it!!
An arrest that did not lead to a conviction should not normally be there and you should ask for it to be deleted, as far as I know. Cautions are a more grey area. They should be removed after 5 years but increasingly this is not happening.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 4:13 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
An arrest that did not lead to a conviction should not normally be there and you should ask for it to be deleted, as far as I know. Cautions are a more grey area. They should be removed after 5 years but increasingly this is not happening.
Technically they should get removed when the record is pulled up for checking for some reason - eg when someone requests a check. However, because fo the time it takes to sort out the deletion, its quicker to send out the reulst BEFORE the deltion is actioned. If anyone thinks there is something on their record that should be removed, please contact the Met about it and get it sorted

http://www.met.police.uk/information/contact.htm

For NiknAid, glad yours got sorted so easily - its quite common to find coincidences of names, and the only way of proving one way or the other is Fingerprints. Make sure you keep all the paperwork, as it may arise again if you need another police check for some reason.

Polly (used to be a police record checker!)
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Tellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Technically they should get removed when the record is pulled up for checking for some reason - eg when someone requests a check. However, because fo the time it takes to sort out the deletion, its quicker to send out the reulst BEFORE the deltion is actioned. If anyone thinks there is something on their record that should be removed, please contact the Met about it and get it sorted

http://www.met.police.uk/information/contact.htm

For NiknAid, glad yours got sorted so easily - its quite common to find coincidences of names, and the only way of proving one way or the other is Fingerprints. Make sure you keep all the paperwork, as it may arise again if you need another police check for some reason.

Polly (used to be a police record checker!)
Thanks Polly will do. I think in all honesty that they must have used my married name which is quite common. My maiden name is very unusual and I think there is only about 10 in the whole of the UK so for one of them to have the same date of birth and first and middle names would be a million to one.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 10:24 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by NiknAid
Thanks Polly will do. I think in all honesty that they must have used my married name which is quite common. My maiden name is very unusual and I think there is only about 10 in the whole of the UK so for one of them to have the same date of birth and first and middle names would be a million to one.
I never realised how many people shared both name AND dob until I started doing the job.Sharing one forename, surname and dob could be enough for themto consider it a close enough hit to need fingerprints especially if they couldn't eliminate by using addresses.
The annoying thing is that its impossible to note on the record that it isn't someone, as they can't hold personal info for that purpose. Hence we used to have cases of people sending for police checks, and enclosing the paperwork from their previous checks, accompanied by a letter explaining that we would find a "match" but it wasn't them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.