going on hoilday to australia

Old Sep 16th 2010, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

an12isha is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation going on hoilday to australia

Hi Guys

Can you please advise me we have application 176 family sponsor in on the 16th august 2010. Today deceded to go on hoilday for three weeks to brisbane just booked tickets to leave on the 8th october coming back on the 31st oct. I know we have to let diac know but how. Who do i email don't have a co officer yet. Have read about raising ple don't know how to do this please advise thanks.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 5:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: going on hoilday to australia

Originally Posted by an12isha
Hi Guys

Can you please advise me we have application 176 family sponsor in on the 16th august 2010. Today deceded to go on hoilday for three weeks to brisbane just booked tickets to leave on the 8th october coming back on the 31st oct. I know we have to let diac know but how. Who do i email don't have a co officer yet. Have read about raising ple don't know how to do this please advise thanks.
http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm

Old Sep 22nd 2010, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

bbulsara is an unknown quantity at this point

Do we have to Inform if we got to Australia for a travel visa?
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 11:52 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bbulsara
Do we have to Inform if we got to Australia for a travel visa?
If you have lodged an application for one visa, and you sibsquently apply for another, it is also sensible to advise DIAC.
When one visa is granted it generally cancels all previous ones. So if you apply for a visitor visa, the PR visa is granted, and then shortly afterwards (even hours) the tourist visa is granted too, it MAY cancel the PR visa.
Also, if you have applied for an offshore visa you generally need to be offshore when its granted, so if DIAC are ready to grant and you are onshore on another visa, they will advise you so that you can leave and get the other visa granted.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

simharris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Polly - can you just clarify something please. We have a 176 submitted to DIAC, but not granted. We plan to travel to Aus for a vacation in Oct - so we will need the visitor visa. Are you saying I need to inform DIAC, otherwise the 176 might get canceled ?

Thanks,
Simon
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 6:33 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by simharris
Hi Polly - can you just clarify something please. We have a 176 submitted to DIAC, but not granted. We plan to travel to Aus for a vacation in Oct - so we will need the visitor visa. Are you saying I need to inform DIAC, otherwise the 176 might get canceled ?

Thanks,
Simon
When I visa is granted it generally cancels any existing visas. So if your 176 grant is on its way to you and the visitor visa gets granted shortly afterwards there is a risk it may cause the PR one to be cancelled.
ALso if its a 176 offshore, then DIAC need to know you will be in Australia as it can't be granted while you are onshore.
Just let DIAC know you are applying for tourist visas and will be in Australia from X date to Y date.