Giving up.......

Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Giving up.......

Originally Posted by shears
no hurry then steve?
Well, you can't rush these things!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:00 am
Just Joined

nelly06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ws99
If you really want to go there are several options for you, for example getting qualifications and work experience then applying or getting a student visa and training in Australia etc.

It sounds like you don't want to make any effort to get there. What about the people who have no choice and will never be able to go because of medical conditions etc.

Wish we were making no effort - then it wouldn't seem as fruitless!
Nick is back at college doing his computer diploma so we can hopefully get back when this is finished an he has got some experience.

I would love to go back on a student visa but we just can't afford it - hairdressing for example is a very expensive course to pay for when the maximum hours either or us can work is 20, as are most courses.

Its just very frustrating when Nick has a trade and has been working in his job as a supervisor for 8 years - has his old boss in Sydney who is desperate for him to come back and work for him - but it's not on the list! I guess thats this bit that I find hard to accept!!!

We will keep trying for as long as it takes, it just gets me down every now and again just how difficult it is.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

mollymoo will become famous soon enoughmollymoo will become famous soon enough

Hey, chin up Nelly06...people aren't having a go................we all realise your frustration when it seems you are getting nowhere, but you are......it just takes time- and thats something [that fortunately] you have plenty of at the moment!!

Stay focused, positive and chilled
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:21 am
Just Joined

nelly06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mollymoo

I'm trying to stay positve - every now and again it just gets you down!!! Seems to happen when its raining here - funny that

I'm now having trouble also with logging in to the forum and have had to set up another account!!! Good old monday mornings!:curse:
Old Aug 1st 2007, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Steven Geagea is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree that hairdressing isn't as easy as it's made out to be, but i think that you should work for a company like Toni and Guy, where thay sponsor hairdressers to australia. it's easy and u should be happy about it
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nelly06
Wish we were making no effort - then it wouldn't seem as fruitless!
Nick is back at college doing his computer diploma so we can hopefully get back when this is finished an he has got some experience.

I would love to go back on a student visa but we just can't afford it - hairdressing for example is a very expensive course to pay for when the maximum hours either or us can work is 20, as are most courses.

Its just very frustrating when Nick has a trade and has been working in his job as a supervisor for 8 years - has his old boss in Sydney who is desperate for him to come back and work for him - but it's not on the list! I guess thats this bit that I find hard to accept!!!

We will keep trying for as long as it takes, it just gets me down every now and again just how difficult it is.
Hi Nelly

You do not seem to have a proper plan to get you to Australia. Some courses you do back in the UK may help, some may not, some may help quicker than others.

For example, an IT diploma in the UK, assuming it is recognised as equivalent to an Australian Diploma, will need 6 years of IT experience to go with it before the ACS will recognise him for migration and 60 points for skills.

Do you have any relatives in Australia ? If not, it will probably have to be a trade qualification or a Degree that will be required.

I'm just afraid that you will be heading for another downer if you are relying on his current study without having thought it through.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve G
Well, you can't rush these things!

well you are from stockport!!!! they dont rush anything up there