Giving up.......

Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

helenandnick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Giving up.......

We been back from Australia for 2 and a half years now and I we've finally given up any hope of getting back!!! I must spend hours a week trawling the internet trying desperately to find us a way to get back!

Neither of us have the desired occupations or experience. OH is back at college now doing a computer diploma but it would still take another year or so before we can even think of applying - after which we would both be over 30.

It seems as though a life in Australia for us is just not meant to be!

Is anyone else in this position?
Old Jul 29th 2007, 4:45 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Default Re: Giving up.......

Originally Posted by helenandnick
We been back from Australia for 2 and a half years now and I we've finally given up any hope of getting back!!! I must spend hours a week trawling the internet trying desperately to find us a way to get back!

Neither of us have the desired occupations or experience. OH is back at college now doing a computer diploma but it would still take another year or so before we can even think of applying - after which we would both be over 30.

You're both still young enough to get some qualifications if you want something badly enough....I started to train as a nurse when I was 33, I qualiified this Feb and here I am in Oz.
Don't give up
Old Jul 29th 2007, 5:15 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
You're both still young enough to get some qualifications if you want something badly enough....I started to train as a nurse when I was 33, I qualiified this Feb and here I am in Oz.
Don't give up
30 is now too old to emigrate? My husband was 39 and I was 43 when we got our skilled visa. If you want to come to Australia, then get to school and do some training in a skill on the list. Are you interested in being a nurse? Teacher? Hairdresser? Chef? Like Wanmabe said, if you want something it's worth the work
Old Jul 29th 2007, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Niamh is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah i agree with the others. Your not too old at all. I came here 2 years ago at 31. Im a nurse so i was given the visa on a plate! If you want it badly enough then get back to college and get training on one of the occupations that are in demand. Im sure it doesnt take that long to become a hairdresser... You can always ditch it and do something else when you get here.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

pauline dublin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I am 36 and just due to finish nvq 2 at hairdressing, could you go in on a student visa
pauline
Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:54 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

If you really want to go there are several options for you, for example getting qualifications and work experience then applying or getting a student visa and training in Australia etc.

It sounds like you don't want to make any effort to get there. What about the people who have no choice and will never be able to go because of medical conditions etc.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

totally agree with the above posters. I am 40 and will be going out to do a 3 year degree next year! Allowing for an 18 month graduate visa, I could well be 44 before I am eligable for PR!

If you want something badly enough then you need to make the sacrifices and go for it
Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I too am suprised you are giving up. If you do indeed spend hours looking at the internet trying to research ways of getting over then you would know that at 30 you are nowhere near too old.
My husband and I will be going out next July on a student visa. If the law doesn't change then we should be able to get PR after the two year course. It is expensive, but will be worth it. I am 28 and my husband is 32. By the time we apply for PR we will both be over 30.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 11:17 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well i have to echo the sentiments of all the above posters,i will be 44 next month and expect to be in oz by next march,then i will be closing in on 45.Anyway get off your arse and work towards a future in oz,but only if you really want it bad enough,nuff said
Old Jul 29th 2007, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

pauldianebradandmitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Niamh
Yeah i agree with the others. Your not too old at all. I came here 2 years ago at 31. Im a nurse so i was given the visa on a plate! If you want it badly enough then get back to college and get training on one of the occupations that are in demand. Im sure it doesnt take that long to become a hairdresser... You can always ditch it and do something else when you get here.
Hi,i'm a hairdresser,and am sick of reading posts on this and other forums,where people think that hairdressing is easy and that it will be simple to do,just to get a visa.Well i have been self employed for 18 years,and would like to say that,it is far from easy,one mistake and you could have a big problem,and you have to want to be a hairdresser to be any good at it,not just to get a visa,Diane.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:27 pm
G'Day!

FlyingLawyer is on a distinguished road

Hello,

You are never to old! But things don't fall from the sky... We have to work for it!

I am doing my Law degree part-time, while working full time and also have a young family, by the time all is done and have experience under my belt it will take 3 maybe 4 years, by then I will be 28/29.

We all have to make decisions, some can happen quick others take longer... With regards to my case it will take a big longer but I will get there eventually... I can always go to Oz on holidays in the mean time. (been there before)

Anyway, time flies nowadays...

So get yourself going... all the best and good luck

Last edited by FlyingLawyer; Jul 29th 2007 at 9:33 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauldianebradandmitch
Hi,i'm a hairdresser,and am sick of reading posts on this and other forums,where people think that hairdressing is easy and that it will be simple to do,just to get a visa.Well i have been self employed for 18 years,and would like to say that,it is far from easy,one mistake and you could have a big problem,and you have to want to be a hairdresser to be any good at it,not just to get a visa,Diane.
Apparently Australia doesn't want 'skilled' hairdressers. I have photos of a haircut to show just that while in Sydney. Bloke wouldn't even show me the back of my hair when he had finished. LOL. I ended up looking like I had had a basin cut around my head.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

mollymoo will become famous soon enoughmollymoo will become famous soon enough

Hi, don't give up!

It took us three years of ups and downs to get here, and this seems relatively little compared to some people.

Getting to Oz seems to be hard for many posters, but they keep focused on the end result and keep moving forward, sometimes very, very slowly, but eventually it all pays off for them.

Treat this like a challenge, re train or whatever, but believe me, at 30 you are a spring chicken, you have at least FIFTEEN years left to sort out your visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

I'm 44 and 10 months and will be applying next month!!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve G
I'm 44 and 10 months and will be applying next month!!
no hurry then steve?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.