Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Getting married during visa application process

Getting married during visa application process

Old Oct 27th 2008, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Aitchy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting married during visa application process

I am due to get married in May 2009 and by that time our visa application should be submitted and (hopefully) in the hands of a case officer.

All the docs I plan to submit will have my other half's current surname on them. What happens when we get married? Presumably she will have to apply for a new passport but how will that affect our visa application.

I know it's early days but if anyone can answer these questions I'd appreciate it.

Thanks, I.

PS - My fiance is the 2nd applicant (the visa is not dependent on her qualifications, etc). We have been living together for over a year.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

geordies4life will become famous soon enoughgeordies4life will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Getting married during visa application process

i did the same thing my 175 application submitted in April and got married in June all i had to do is send a copy of marriage certificate and new passport, you can get a new passport 3 months before you get married, phone passport office and they will tell you how to go about it. It is nothing to worry about. hope you have a lovely day. Hope this helps!
Old Oct 29th 2008, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Aitchy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting married during visa application process

Originally Posted by geordies4life
i did the same thing my 175 application submitted in April and got married in June all i had to do is send a copy of marriage certificate and new passport, you can get a new passport 3 months before you get married, phone passport office and they will tell you how to go about it. It is nothing to worry about. hope you have a lovely day. Hope this helps!
That's a relief. Thank's very much!!