DE FACTO EVIDENCE

Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

naomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nice
Default DE FACTO EVIDENCE

Hi,

I am the main applicant on a gsm visa but my long tem boyfriend is also on the visa. We have been living together for over 3 years and have council tax bills etc. How much evidence is actually required though? Will council tax bills and a joint bank account suffice?

Thank you
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

naomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nice
Default Re: DE FACTO EVIDENCE

Hi,

if we have say 12 months of bank statements do we need to get each one certified?! It will cost us a fortune!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

sooperlids is on a distinguished road

We had all our forms certified by our Bank Manager. It didn't cost anything. Hopefully you have an accommodating one too?
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

FionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really nice

if your bank statements are colour rather than black and white you can just scan them, no need to certify (I think), someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

spilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by FionaandAndrew
if your bank statements are colour rather than black and white you can just scan them, no need to certify (I think), someone correct me if I'm wrong.
You don't need to certify bank statements, only birth certificates, passport pages etc.

Items used to show evidence of residence at a particular address or joint commitments can just be a photocopy (they dont even need to be colour).
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

spilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the roughspilko is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by naomijmoore
Hi,

if we have say 12 months of bank statements do we need to get each one certified?! It will cost us a fortune!
You dont need to supply every statement, just show joint commitment for at least 12 months... i.e. one a year old and a current one would do fine.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Spilko,

that has been very helpful and certainly does make more sense. I'm a little concerned that we have insufficient defacto evidence (council tax bills, joint bank account, joint membership) but I guess if the department has a real problem with this then they will contact us for further proof.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Spilko,

that has been very helpful and certainly does make more sense. I'm a little concerned that we have insufficient defacto evidence (council tax bills, joint bank account, joint membership) but I guess if the department has a real problem with this then they will contact us for further proof.
We felt the same, as we hadn't fully combined our accounts and all the house bills were in my name (as it is my house and all bills were paid by direct debit from my account). We had only very recently opened a joint account/credit card.

If you have had a joint account for 12 months, evidence of joint names on utility bills, joint memberships etc for 12 months then you will be fine.

We were asked for additional info and had to supply evidence that we both lived at the same address for at least 12 months. We therefore sent in individual bank statements, letters from the Inland Revenue etc to show that although we didn't have many joint commitments, we were recognised as living at the same house by various "bodies" for a period greater than 12 months. That might be worth considering.

We got our visa very shortly after we submitted the additional info..

Steve
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Great stuff - thanks very much! Your situation does (did) seem very similar to ours (it is my OH house and most bills in his name). We do have the council tax and joint bank account though so hopefully should be ok.

You got any other areas of immigration expertise!?
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Great stuff - thanks very much! Your situation does (did) seem very similar to ours (it is my OH house and most bills in his name). We do have the council tax and joint bank account though so hopefully should be ok.

You got any other areas of immigration expertise!?

Not sure if getting through it once qualifies me as an expert

I just tried to make it very clear exactly what our situation was and why the evidence provided showed that we met the criteria. Also made sure everything was structured well and all evidence was clearly indexed and labelled.

Good luck.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

So,

I think I am right in saying that my OH and I will need to write piece each on the details of our relationship - when/how we met and details of our life since. Am I right?

Thank you!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

So,

I think I am right in saying that my OH and I will need to write piece each on the details of our relationship - when/how we met and details of our life since. Am I right?

Thank you!
Yes definitely.. Each of you needs to write a personal statement.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

sooperlids is on a distinguished road

Our agent told us a joint statement was fine, so long as it was signed & dated by both of us.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Chris N Lora will become famous soon enoughChris N Lora will become famous soon enough

Does anybody have advise on the above subject.

Question 1 form 10 .... when we submitted our Online Visa Application on Saturday it asked us to download a PDF form 10 and complete the form and send it to the APC along with Defacto evidence.
When we tried the link there was nothing to fill out just info on what you could use as evidence.

We uploaded colour copies of phone bills, council tax, home insurance and our Kids birth certs etc onto the site ..... Do you need to send certified copies within 28 days? or has anyone uploaded the evidence online and been successful with their Visa?

Any advice would be appreciated
Old Oct 13th 2008, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

nevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nicenevsy is just really nice

Hi,

I am the main applicant on a gsm visa but my long tem boyfriend is also on the visa. We have been living together for over 3 years and have council tax bills etc. How much evidence is actually required though? Will council tax bills and a joint bank account suffice?

Thank you
Provide as much evidence as you can ie. a couple of bank statments, concil tax tv licence, utility bills a couple for each year is more than enough.They mainly just want the last 12mths but if you can prove longer all the better.

Nevsy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.