Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

getting concerned about documents about 176

getting concerned about documents about 176

Old Sep 18th 2010, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

babysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nice
Default Re: getting concerned about documents about 176

Hi Wookie,

Yes i am in the UK, will get the husband to do it on monday, did not know they had an office here so a big thankyou.
I am still a little confused why they accepted us for SS knowing they were about to close the 176 after this date, they should not have taken our money. I am hoping that because we lodged it before this date they will accept it, but knowing our luck i doubt it.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

babysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nice

We phoned our WA contact today and it has been confirmed that because our SS is dated the 14th July and DIAC have decided not to take anymore applicants for 176 after 14th we will not be granted a 176.........i am appalled beyond words that this has happened.
Their is no reason why the letter was dated 14th july apparently ours was on a pile of 2,000 applicants and it was granted WHEN they got to it, now we are the ones that are left out in the rain.......very very unfair, this whole process so far has taken us 20 months, not once have i ever moaned about DIAC or how long things are taken, but i feel i have good reason.

We have been told that our visa wil get converted from 175 to 176 if we submit another application, AND yes we have to pay for that, so that is another £1,000 we have to find

Anybody got any ideas
Old Sep 20th 2010, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

Originally Posted by babysinead
We phoned our WA contact today and it has been confirmed that because our SS is dated the 14th July and DIAC have decided not to take anymore applicants for 176 after 14th we will not be granted a 176.........i am appalled beyond words that this has happened.
Their is no reason why the letter was dated 14th july apparently ours was on a pile of 2,000 applicants and it was granted WHEN they got to it, now we are the ones that are left out in the rain.......very very unfair, this whole process so far has taken us 20 months, not once have i ever moaned about DIAC or how long things are taken, but i feel i have good reason.

We have been told that our visa wil get converted from 175 to 176 if we submit another application, AND yes we have to pay for that, so that is another £1,000 we have to find

Anybody got any ideas
i am sorry to hear about that, i am happy i could help you. im sorry it wont the news you want to hear
Old Sep 20th 2010, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

This is the reply i received back from WA today:-

Michael’s sponsorship cannot be confirmed at the moment as his occupation is not listed on DIAC’s schedule 3. We will be able to confirm sponsorship with DIAC once they have signed off on Western Australia’s State Migration Plan (SMP), once the SMP is signed DIAC will allow us to use the Schedule 4 list, which includes the occupation – Fitter.