Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

getting concerned about documents about 176

getting concerned about documents about 176

Old Sep 17th 2010, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

babysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nice
Default getting concerned about documents about 176

We have been granted SS and received the email 2 months ago. However i have contacted the DIAC to see if they have received all documents they require from DIAC and they are not giving me an answer.
When i email a PLE they sent back an automated email lisiting prcoessing times ??????????

Has anybody else received state sponsorship, if so, how do you know your visa has been converted?
Old Sep 17th 2010, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice
Default Re: getting concerned about documents about 176

Originally Posted by babysinead
We have been granted SS and received the email 2 months ago. However i have contacted the DIAC to see if they have received all documents they require from DIAC and they are not giving me an answer.
When i email a PLE they sent back an automated email lisiting prcoessing times ??????????

Has anybody else received state sponsorship, if so, how do you know your visa has been converted?
I lodged my visa 176 on 01 sep 2010, and was told by QLD that my form 1100 has been sent to DIAC,
I sent three PLE's to DIAC asking them whether they have received my form 1100 or not and did not get even a single answer,
I received automated response for all three PLE's from DIAC immediately meaning that my inquiry has reached them,
It seems that they only take money and forget all about applicants
Regards
Old Sep 17th 2010, 12:24 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by r_1159
I lodged my visa 176 on 01 sep 2010, and was told by QLD that my form 1100 has been sent to DIAC,
I sent three PLE's to DIAC asking them whether they have received my form 1100 or not and did not get even a single answer,
I received automated response for all three PLE's from DIAC immediately meaning that my inquiry has reached them,
It seems that they only take money and forget all about applicants Regards
What a ridiculous post. You lodged a visa 16 days ago and want to be communicated with already? What is it you want from them? A note to say thanks for the application and maybe daily progress reports?

Again, the impatience from some people is astounding.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 12:26 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Denise, if WA have sent you an email 2 months ago it should say that they have notified DIAC. If so, then there's nothing to worry about as DIAC will have it. Also bear in mind that it takes up to 3 weeks to get a response to a PLE.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

babysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nice

Hi Dorothy,

I received a answer to my PLE this morning and we are still on the old 175. It's been 2 months now, should i feel slightly concerned as they have confirmed our visa is still 175, when i was expecting to to be 176 by now?
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

Hi Dorothy,

I received a answer to my PLE this morning and we are still on the old 175. It's been 2 months now, should i feel slightly concerned as they have confirmed our visa is still 175, when i was expecting to to be 176 by now?
babysinead do u get the ss before july 1st?

if you have got ss after the 1st july, you need to check the DIAC website about the new rules regarding prioty processing
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

14th july !!!! is that something we should worry about then regarding processing times.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

14th july !!!! is that something we should worry about then regarding processing times.
this is from diac site:

DIAC published re the 14 July changes. Links to both documents are at the end of this post.

"Applicants with a nominated occupation that is not on the SOL – Schedule 3 in effect at 1 July 2010 can only move into a higher priority group by lodging a new application with an employer sponsorship or a state or territory government nomination in an occupation specified under a state migration plan. Alternatively, applicants can only nominate a different occupation that is on the SOL – Schedule 3 by lodging a new application.

It is not possible to change a nominated occupation or to change to an employer sponsored or state nominated visa category, unless a new application is lodged. A new application would require the payment of a new Visa Application Charge."

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-july-2010.pdf
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ssing-faqs.pdf
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

hi wookie,

Thanks for the links, though is is saying page not found. Anyway, lets talk english.......we have state sponsorship for WA, husband has applied under "fitter" this was granted 14th July.
We are now waiting for the WA SMP, if husbands occupation is on there we have been told we will move to priority 2.

Is this not the case
Old Sep 17th 2010, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi wookie,

Thanks for the links, though is is saying page not found. Anyway, lets talk english.......we have state sponsorship for WA, husband has applied under "fitter" this was granted 14th July.
We are now waiting for the WA SMP, if husbands occupation is on there we have been told we will move to priority 2.

Is this not the case
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-july-2010.pdf

i would check with a MARA agent about if you are effected
Old Sep 17th 2010, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for that wookie. What will be will be, just going to be a long waiting game......all good things come to those who wait.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks for that wookie. What will be will be, just going to be a long waiting game......all good things come to those who wait.
if u look at the links, you find that after july 14th, you can no longer transfer from 175 to 176 to again higher processing. so it is irrelevant if you are on the smp. if you are stuck on the 175.

this is why i mentioned to check with a mara agent due to the timing of your reciept of ss
Old Sep 18th 2010, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Hi Wookie,

That is typical for us !!!! Do you know who i would need to contact, as we have phoned DIAC and tey are stating that they have not received the docments from WA, so cannot check when receipt of the SS.......see my problem?

Any advise would be handy?
Old Sep 18th 2010, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Exclamation Re: getting concerned about documents about 176

This seems really really cruel, i still keep reading our state sponsorship and yes it does have a date of £14th July.

Why did WA grant the SS knowing that these changes were going to take place, it seems that they have taken money for our assessment, application and now our sponsorship. WHY grant our sponsorship if our visa will not be converted to a 176.
Also, if my husbands trade will be on the new SMP, we will then have to pay AGAIN for another application if we want to get higher processing times, as it seems our 175 will never ever be granted.

I am spitting feathers, which is unlike me
Old Sep 18th 2010, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

This seems really really cruel, i still keep reading our state sponsorship and yes it does have a date of £14th July.

Why did WA grant the SS knowing that these changes were going to take place, it seems that they have taken money for our assessment, application and now our sponsorship. WHY grant our sponsorship if our visa will not be converted to a 176.
Also, if my husbands trade will be on the new SMP, we will then have to pay AGAIN for another application if we want to get higher processing times, as it seems our 175 will never ever be granted.

I am spitting feathers, which is unlike me
hey dont worry,i believe the first point of call would to speak to wa, this will eliminate alot of concerns and ask them what to do.

if you are in the uk, there is european wa office in london.
http://www.wago.co.uk/index.php/contact-us.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.