Frontloading advice

Old Jun 15th 2010, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

oxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant future
Default Frontloading advice

I've search the forums but can't find the answer I'm looking for:-

Am going to be applying for a spouse 309/100 visa and want to front load. Not an issue with the PCC checks as they get posted to your house, but how do you front load a medical as this gets sent to AHC in london??

sorry if its a dumb question
Old Jun 15th 2010, 9:33 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Frontloading advice

Originally Posted by oxford_lad
I've search the forums but can't find the answer I'm looking for:-

Am going to be applying for a spouse 309/100 visa and want to front load. Not an issue with the PCC checks as they get posted to your house, but how do you front load a medical as this gets sent to AHC in london??

sorry if its a dumb question
You just do the medical before you're asked to by your CO. In other words, now, assuming the results won't expire before you think your CO will need them.

BB
Old Jun 15th 2010, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frontloading advice

Apparently they (Australia House) will just hold onto the medicals until your application comes in and then they match them up.

Personally, I would feel happier if I sent my application first, got the reference number and then did my medicals the next day, however peope have reported that sending the medicals first works just fine.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 9:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Apparently they (Australia House) will just hold onto the medicals until your application comes in and then they match them up.

Personally, I would feel happier if I sent my application first, got the reference number and then did my medicals the next day, however peope have reported that sending the medicals first works just fine.
With a spouse visa though, you can't do it onine so can take some time to get a reference number.

Just do the Meds, make sure they are sent to Aus House not to Sydney, and they will be held until the applcation arrives.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

oxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant futureoxford_lad has a brilliant future

thanks for clearing that up!!
Old Jun 15th 2010, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I had my medical done about 3 months before I sent in my spouse visa application. When I finally sent in the visa application, I also included the police check and visa was issued in 3 business days.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

that was a very quick turnaround, was that recently?
Old Jun 15th 2010, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oxford_lad
that was a very quick turnaround, was that recently?
Nope - October 2005!
Old Jun 15th 2010, 11:20 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

I frontloaded my medicals which were done about 3 or 4 months before I ended up sending my application in. I made sure I specified in my covering letter that the medical had already been done and sent in a copy of the receipt. I probably didn't need to do that but I like the belt and braces approach It all got tied up together nicely and no problems arose.

Good luck with your application