British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Frontloading advice (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/frontloading-advice-672529/)

oxford_lad Jun 15th 2010 9:28 am

Frontloading advice

I've search the forums but can't find the answer I'm looking for:-

Am going to be applying for a spouse 309/100 visa and want to front load. Not an issue with the PCC checks as they get posted to your house, but how do you front load a medical as this gets sent to AHC in london??

sorry if its a dumb question :eek:

Buzzy--Bee Jun 15th 2010 9:33 am

Re: Frontloading advice

Originally Posted by oxford_lad (Post 8633958)
I've search the forums but can't find the answer I'm looking for:-

Am going to be applying for a spouse 309/100 visa and want to front load. Not an issue with the PCC checks as they get posted to your house, but how do you front load a medical as this gets sent to AHC in london??

sorry if its a dumb question :eek:

You just do the medical before you're asked to by your CO. In other words, now, assuming the results won't expire before you think your CO will need them.

BB

Bermudashorts Jun 15th 2010 9:34 am

Apparently they (Australia House) will just hold onto the medicals until your application comes in and then they match them up.

Personally, I would feel happier if I sent my application first, got the reference number and then did my medicals the next day, however peope have reported that sending the medicals first works just fine.

Pollyana Jun 15th 2010 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 8633969)
Apparently they (Australia House) will just hold onto the medicals until your application comes in and then they match them up.

Personally, I would feel happier if I sent my application first, got the reference number and then did my medicals the next day, however peope have reported that sending the medicals first works just fine.

With a spouse visa though, you can't do it onine so can take some time to get a reference number.

Just do the Meds, make sure they are sent to Aus House not to Sydney, and they will be held until the applcation arrives.

oxford_lad Jun 15th 2010 9:40 am

thanks for clearing that up!! :thumbup:

roaringmouse Jun 15th 2010 12:35 pm

Yeah, I had my medical done about 3 months before I sent in my spouse visa application. When I finally sent in the visa application, I also included the police check and visa was issued in 3 business days.

oxford_lad Jun 15th 2010 12:39 pm

that was a very quick turnaround, was that recently?

roaringmouse Jun 15th 2010 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by oxford_lad (Post 8634320)
that was a very quick turnaround, was that recently?

Nope - October 2005!

SillyOldBag Jun 15th 2010 11:20 pm

I frontloaded my medicals which were done about 3 or 4 months before I ended up sending my application in. I made sure I specified in my covering letter that the medical had already been done and sent in a copy of the receipt. I probably didn't need to do that but I like the belt and braces approach :rofl: It all got tied up together nicely and no problems arose.

Good luck with your application :)