Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Form 80 refusal tourist visa from any country long time ago

Form 80 refusal tourist visa from any country long time ago

Old May 10th 2008, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

bahaa.mourad is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Form 80 refusal tourist visa from any country long time ago

Hi All , i have a question im from egypt
is it makes a difference if i was refused a tourist visa before from any country like usa or canada in the progress of the application and should i mention it if it was on a long time ago passport while i was student ? should i mention them all ?
knowing that nowadays passport holds many visas , one of them few months ago United Kingdom ? is it helpful all that story or doesnt make sense in form 80? knowing i do have them all kept
thanks and best regards
Old May 11th 2008, 1:22 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form 80 refusal tourist visa from any country long time ago

Originally Posted by bahaa.mourad
Hi All , i have a question im from egypt
is it makes a difference if i was refused a tourist visa before from any country like usa or canada in the progress of the application and should i mention it if it was on a long time ago passport while i was student ? should i mention them all ?
knowing that nowadays passport holds many visas , one of them few months ago United Kingdom ? is it helpful all that story or doesnt make sense in form 80? knowing i do have them all kept
thanks and best regards
Yes, if you were refused a visa to any other country you will need to declare it on your form 80.
Old May 11th 2008, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Yes, if you were refused a visa to any other country you will need to declare it on your form 80.
Thank you , but does it affects the progress of 175 visa ?
knowing refusal was for the reason : insufficent ties to apply for a tourist visa
Old May 11th 2008, 7:21 am
Lil
Just Joined

Lil is a jewel in the roughLil is a jewel in the roughLil is a jewel in the roughLil is a jewel in the roughLil is a jewel in the rough

From everything I've read and researched you should declare it as well. Remember all that information gets held on you passport details when they look into it even if you change passports.

I think it will affect your visa process not declaring it. Did you say you travelled to the UK since that visa was refused in US? That will at least show that you have been accepted into a country that Australia have good links with.
Old May 11th 2008, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lil
From everything I've read and researched you should declare it as well. Remember all that information gets held on you passport details when they look into it even if you change passports.

I think it will affect your visa process not declaring it. Did you say you travelled to the UK since that visa was refused in US? That will at least show that you have been accepted into a country that Australia have good links with.
Yes that was im thinking about to declare all things for many reasons one of most honesty is right hing.
i just thought of not decalre cause my best friend got his visa and now in oz he was refused with me us tourist visa and didnt decalre it and passed..anyway who know honesty is better.
yes i got uk visa few month ago and been there last xmas and the us visa refusal was when i was student and reason that no strong ties evidencing my return to my home country again Egypt