Form 80 QUestion 22

Old Apr 1st 2011, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

giro123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Form 80 QUestion 22

Dear all,

i am currently filling form 80 , and i came across question 22 , asking what is your present occupation

i had my skills recognized as " engineering technologist " from Engineers Australia , but i am working as " Problem Management Engineer "

which one should i write ?
Old Apr 1st 2011, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

U Jay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Form 80 QUestion 22

Originally Posted by giro123
Dear all,

i am currently filling form 80 , and i came across question 22 , asking what is your present occupation

i had my skills recognized as " engineering technologist " from Engineers Australia , but i am working as " Problem Management Engineer "

you should write what your current designation is because if you write some thing else it become problem, if you have a job verification
Old Apr 1st 2011, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

giro123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello U Jay

Thanks for your prompt reply , but , i didn't understand what you meant by designation
Old Apr 1st 2011, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

U Jay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello U Jay

Thanks for your prompt reply , but , i didn't understand what you meant by designation
I mean you are engineering technologist, so you should tell them that for your proper verifications
Old Apr 1st 2011, 11:21 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Dear all,

If I say to you "What's your job", what would you tell me? Would you say "I'm an engineering technologist" or would you say "I'm a problem management engineer"?

If you are currently working as a problem management engineer then that's what your present occupation is. It's a little like me applying as a nurse but currently I'm working as a secretary. I'm NOT working presently as a nurse, am I?

No matter what the question, on any form (online or paper), you answer with the truth. Not what you think DIAC wants to hear; the truth.
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Andy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to all

I'm currently filling the behemoth that is form 80, and for this question I would have to agree with Dorothy that the question is pretty unambiguous in the information required.

My classification via TRA is 'Electrician (Special class)'.

I am currently working as a 'Software / Electrical engineer'.

Therefore I have written 'Software / Electrical engineer' as my answer to Q22.

The question I am wrestling with right now is Q26...