first visa visit?

Old Sep 16th 2018, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

jon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond repute
Default first visa visit?

hi all

so the good news finally got my visa YAY!!

it says for first entry by 2 july 2019 - not sure we will be ready by then but does this mean we go for a holiday to activate the visa? then do we need to do an rrv?
Old Sep 16th 2018, 11:02 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: first visa visit?

Originally Posted by jon111
hi all

it says for first entry by 2 july 2019 - not sure we will be ready by then but does this mean we go for a holiday to activate the visa? then do we need to do an rrv?
Yes you can go on holiday. Everyone will have to go to validate the visa.
No you will not need a RRV. You have a valid visa.
Old Sep 16th 2018, 11:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

hi all

Once you have made the first entry your visa is valid for multiple entries for 5 years before you need a RRV (or citizineship). The grant notice should have a date on it "Must not enter after XX/XX/XXXX. You can travel on that visa until that date.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

jon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Once you have made the first entry your visa is valid for multiple entries for 5 years before you need a RRV (or citizineship). The grant notice should have a date on it "Must not enter after XX/XX/XXXX. You can travel on that visa until that date.
excellent thank you

now my next question is we got married last month and now my wife will have to change her name which obviously means a new passport. if i update my info on immi for it is that enough? as in it wont be a problem or do they send you confirmation etc? i assume the visa is based on passport number etc
Old Sep 17th 2018, 9:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

excellent thank you

now my next question is we got married last month and now my wife will have to change her name which obviously means a new passport. if i update my info on immi for it is that enough? as in it wont be a problem or do they send you confirmation etc? i assume the visa is based on passport number etc
Firstly, she doesn't have to change her name, she can keep her passport in her maiden name if she wants to.
If she does go ahead and get a new passport then you can upload the details and a cpy through your Immiaccount. I'd advise travelling with both passports though, just to be on the safe side.
Old Sep 18th 2018, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

As others noted, many validate their visa with a holiday, and then move later on.

Any changes to your wife's name will have to also be updated through Immi. Sometimes they require it to be done by paper but the relevant instructions are all pretty clear. Not something to stress over.
Old Sep 19th 2018, 4:22 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Your wife doesn't have to take your surname at all if she doesn't want to. She can keep her own surname, I did
Old Sep 19th 2018, 7:25 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Your wife doesn't have to take your surname at all if she doesn't want to. She can keep her own surname, I did
The man can even take her surname!
Old Sep 20th 2018, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

now dont get all new age on me! ;p
Old Sep 20th 2018, 10:38 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

now dont get all new age on me! ;p
Not so much new age, just wanted to reassure you as you wrote that your wife 'will have' to change her name
Old Sep 21st 2018, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Not so much new age, just wanted to reassure you as you wrote that your wife 'will have' to change her name
ha well tbh she wants to take my name so its her choice
Old Sep 21st 2018, 11:40 pm
Concierge

ha well tbh she wants to take my name so its her choice
I'm sure it's a fine choice too
Old Sep 24th 2018, 3:52 am
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure it's a fine choice too
It depends if his name is Jon Shufflebottom. !!