Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

First Round of 189, 489 Invitations for 1 August

First Round of 189, 489 Invitations for 1 August

Old Sep 7th 2012, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

jackliz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: First Round of 189, 489 Invitations for 1 August

Originally Posted by afmamoon
I have also filled EOI for Visa Class 489 with 65 points and didn't get the invitation. God knows; who have got the invitation? And still they haven't published any report.
Have you got sponsorship from any other state/ eligible relative so far?
Old Sep 12th 2012, 3:21 am
Just Joined

pradeepborah is an unknown quantity at this point

There were series of correspondence from DIAC last month(Aug). This month I have not received any?

13/08/2012 Resolved - Intermittent Visa Lodgement Issues View correspondence
11/08/2012 Intermittent Visa Lodgement Issues View correspondence
10/08/2012 eLodgement Release View correspondence
31/07/2012 SkillSelect Invitation Announcement
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:34 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pradeepborah
There were series of correspondence from DIAC last month(Aug). This month I have not received any?

13/08/2012 Resolved - Intermittent Visa Lodgement Issues View correspondence
11/08/2012 Intermittent Visa Lodgement Issues View correspondence
10/08/2012 eLodgement Release View correspondence
31/07/2012 SkillSelect Invitation Announcement
So?
Old Sep 13th 2012, 9:19 am
Just Joined

pradeepborah is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally Round 1 September 2012 Results

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills...eport-2012-09/

Visa Subclass Points Score Visa status date
Skilled - Independent (subclass 189) 70 25/08/2012 8.20 pm
Skilled - Regional Provisional (subclass 489) 70 27/08/2012 2.30 pm

This time the cut off scores were 70 subclass 189 and 489. Hope the cut offs come down to 65 in second round.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

Originally Posted by pradeepborah
Finally Round 1 September 2012 Results

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills...eport-2012-09/

Visa Subclass Points Score Visa status date
Skilled - Independent (subclass 189) 70 25/08/2012 8.20 pm
Skilled - Regional Provisional (subclass 489) 70 27/08/2012 2.30 pm

This time the cut off scores were 70 subclass 189 and 489. Hope the cut offs come down to 65 in second round.
Well seems like as they keep on increasing the number of invites , the cut off score will goes down till 60 even., that i what i think.
All the best you all
Old Sep 15th 2012, 1:59 am
Just Joined

Nooor_c10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello guys,

Received an invitation for 189 today.. and that was with 65 points.

I am still an international student doing MSc (finishing end of 2012) , so did not claim the points for two years of study in Australia.

I know for 885 visa, a student was required to finish at least two years of study before applying for PR. I hope that isn't the case for 189?

Also I was in SaudiArabia for some time, as my dad was working there. I have already applied for police clearance from saudi 4 months ago but still haven't received it. Can I lodge the application before receiving the clearance?
Old Sep 15th 2012, 4:56 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nooor_c10
Hello guys,

I am still an international student doing MSc (finishing end of 2012) , so did not claim the points for two years of study in Australia.

I know for 885 visa, a student was required to finish at least two years of study before applying for PR. I hope that isn't the case for 189?

Also I was in SaudiArabia for some time, as my dad was working there. I have already applied for police clearance from saudi 4 months ago but still haven't received it. Can I lodge the application before receiving the clearance?
Welcome to the forum.

If you haven't claimed points for the studying, then no, you don't need to worry about needing it for the 189. Yes you can apply before you get the clearances. In fact, it's usually recommended that applicants only get the PCCs/meds when requested, as they only have (at most) a twelve month validity.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Welcome to the forum.

If you haven't claimed points for the studying, then no, you don't need to worry about needing it for the 189. Yes you can apply before you get the clearances. In fact, it's usually recommended that applicants only get the PCCs/meds when requested, as they only have (at most) a twelve month validity.

Thanks for advice.

we need a 'like' button on the posts..
Old Sep 17th 2012, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nooor_c10
Hello guys,

For which occupation u got the Invitation for Visa subclass 189 and when did you filled your EOI?

Last edited by Malikkhi; Sep 17th 2012 at 4:07 am. Reason: more info
Old Sep 17th 2012, 5:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Malikkhi
For which occupation u got the Invitation for Visa subclass 189 and when did you filled your EOI?
I did bachelor in civil engineering, but due to not paying careful attention during the skills assessment process and not submitting the required paperworks for professional civil eng, I was assessed as engineering technologist.
So Eng technologist it was, and filled my EOI on the first day - 1 Aug.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

reehan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,
Referring to below report published by DIAC. I am little confused about total number of EOIs and points spread. If you see EOIs summary on top, total EOIs submitted by Aug are more than 10k but "Points Score Spread of EOIs by Visa Category" graph shows not more than 5k total EOIs or it doesn't look to be close to 10k. Is it because this graph only shows three visa categories and rest of the 7k are not highlighted.

Any thoughts? Am i interpreting it wrong?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills...ugust-2012.pdf
Old Sep 20th 2012, 2:58 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reehan
Hi Guys,
Referring to below report published by DIAC. I am little confused about total number of EOIs and points spread. If you see EOIs summary on top, total EOIs submitted by Aug are more than 10k but "Points Score Spread of EOIs by Visa Category" graph shows not more than 5k total EOIs or it doesn't look to be close to 10k. Is it because this graph only shows three visa categories and rest of the 7k are not highlighted.

Any thoughts? Am i interpreting it wrong?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills...ugust-2012.pdf
Not sure on the total nuber of EOI's but for me it looks like a large number have been submitted below the points threshold - below 60.