British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   First Round of 189, 489 Invitations for 1 August (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/first-round-189-489-invitations-1-august-766745/)

George Lombard Jul 31st 2012 2:40 am

First Round of 189, 489 Invitations for 1 August

DIAC

31 Jul 2012

SkillSelect Invitation Announcement

On August 1st, the first invitation round for Skilled Independent (Subclass 189) and the family sponsored Skilled Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489) visas will be held.

As SkillSelect is a new and complex system, our first run of invitations will be reduced in size, to allow us to ensure that all elements of the system are working smoothly.

As such, we will issue the following number of invitations:
• 90 in the Skilled Independent subclass 189; and
• 10 in the Skilled Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) (family sponsored) subclass 489.

The invitations will go to the highest scoring Expression of Interests (EOIs) in these subclasses, with ties in points decided by the date that the EOI reached their current points score.

Clients that have been invited will receive a notification to their email address, as well as their SkillSelect inbox.

However, while this first round of invitations will be comparatively small, we expect to be increasing the numbers of invitations issued, with a significantly larger round in September, and potentially a second round in August.

Following the invitation round, we will publish the invitation results on the reports tab of the SkillSelect website:

www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

To date the enthusiastic uptake of SkillSelect by people all around the world interested in Skilled Migration to Australia has been pleasing.

Need more information on the SkillSelect process
For more information on how SkillSelect operates, please refer to our website which details the process:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect

Contacting the department
If you need to contact the department, you should view our contact methods located on the department’s website at: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/telephone.htm

Thank you.

mrsgreenstar76 Jul 31st 2012 3:13 am

Re: First Round of 189, 489 Invitations for 1 August

Originally Posted by George Lombard (Post 10202042)
DIAC

31 Jul 2012

SkillSelect Invitation Announcement

On August 1st, the first invitation round for Skilled Independent (Subclass 189) and the family sponsored Skilled Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 489) visas will be held.

As SkillSelect is a new and complex system, our first run of invitations will be reduced in size, to allow us to ensure that all elements of the system are working smoothly.

As such, we will issue the following number of invitations:
• 90 in the Skilled Independent subclass 189; and
• 10 in the Skilled Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) (family sponsored) subclass 489.

The invitations will go to the highest scoring Expression of Interests (EOIs) in these subclasses, with ties in points decided by the date that the EOI reached their current points score.

Clients that have been invited will receive a notification to their email address, as well as their SkillSelect inbox.

However, while this first round of invitations will be comparatively small, we expect to be increasing the numbers of invitations issued, with a significantly larger round in September, and potentially a second round in August.

Following the invitation round, we will publish the invitation results on the reports tab of the SkillSelect website:

www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

To date the enthusiastic uptake of SkillSelect by people all around the world interested in Skilled Migration to Australia has been pleasing.

Need more information on the SkillSelect process
For more information on how SkillSelect operates, please refer to our website which details the process:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect

Contacting the department
If you need to contact the department, you should view our contact methods located on the department’s website at: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/telephone.htm

Thank you.

Thanks for the information, George. :thumbup:

Alan Collett Jul 31st 2012 12:07 pm

It will be interesting to see how many of the invited applicants progress to visa grant given what I foresee as the likely overstating of points claimed in the EoI ... methinks DIAC may be testing the water with this initial small batch of invitations.

Best regards.

Alan Collett Jul 31st 2012 12:09 pm

PS. "As SkillSelect is a new and complex system ...": wasn't DIAC making a big thing of how simple the new regime would be ...? :)

George Lombard Jul 31st 2012 8:35 pm

... yes and strangely pessimistic of them to only make 100 offers in the first round. One wonders how they will choose the occupations - possibly just one of each - and I imagine that the ones receiving invitations will all be 20 point English speakers.

Cheers,

George Lombard

amitkrishnan1 Aug 5th 2012 5:43 pm

Hello all,

Do anyone has got invite... eagerly waiting for the result. I too applied with 60 points today (189).

Amit

George Lombard Aug 5th 2012 8:31 pm

Amit, given that there are only 100 offers in the first round, I think that the pass mark for those lucky applicants will be about 85 or 90 - 30 for age, 20 for English, 15 for a degree and 15 for work experience and then some. The report should have been published on SkillSelect by now.

Good luck for the second round.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Cheers,

George Lombard

amitkrishnan1 Aug 6th 2012 5:20 am

George, thank you for the information, OK! can you share your opinion on Skill Select, Do candidate with 60 points will get an opportunity to apply.

Cheers,

Amit

George Lombard Aug 6th 2012 5:46 am

Hi Amit,

Probably not. Even those who are state sponsored will find that the states increase their selection marks.

Cheers,

George Lombard

gigivthomas Aug 6th 2012 6:37 am

Hi George

Do candidate with sponsor from Australia and 60 points get an invite by any chance..?

Gigi

George Lombard Aug 6th 2012 7:20 am

Hi Gigi,

You mean family sponsors? As you can see from the initial post in this thread, there will be an initial 10 applicants in the 489 visa subclass. I would expect them all to have scores above 80.

Cheers,

George Lombard

pyrrhicpk Aug 7th 2012 11:55 pm

Dear George,

I request you kind assistance. I am currently on a 574-visa and have just started my PhD. Can I submit an EOI for skilled class 189 & 190 while being on this visa? Is it okay to do that? I just want to ensure that submitting an EOI for 189 & 190 and also applying for WA SS do not cause any issue with my current 574-visa or PhD studies. There are 3-4 years in the completion of my degree so I was thinking if there could be a possibility of getting PR on the basis of 180/190 during this course of time. Are there any risks involved? Please advise.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

George Lombard Aug 8th 2012 1:39 am

Hi Pyrr,

Best if you contact me about this through the office, my email address is george[at]austimmigration.com.au or you can call us on 02-97990085.

Cheers,

George Lombard

navali_fb06 Aug 8th 2012 2:33 pm

Hi, Is there any news about first report by skillselect?

Also I have one more question. Will it be published in the report (every month) that how many seats under occupation ceiling have been occupied and how many are left? Or will they only mention the minium points of selection.

Pollyana Aug 8th 2012 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by navali_fb06 (Post 10216871)
Hi, Is there any news about first report by skillselect?

Also I have one more question. Will it be published in the report (every month) that how many seats under occupation ceiling have been occupied and how many are left? Or will they only mention the minium points of selection.

The report will be on the Reports tab on the Skill Select site

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/