A financial query

Old Sep 12th 2003, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Craig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really nice
Default A financial query

Hi, We are all booked and paid for to head off to Oz at Christmas for 6 weeks. With a view to moving over there within the following 12 months. Found alot of very useful info whilst browsing the forum, many thanks. However we have one financial query. After selling house, cars etc. We estimate we may still be in the red by about £10,000. Will this affect entry requirements. (Which are otherwise OK because Samantha is a Nurse, and has job offers already, we also have close family in Melbourne). And how will it affect our chances of a mortgage in the long term. Sorry this was a bit long winded ( 1st time on forum). Will be shorter and sweeter in future. Many thanks.
Old Sep 13th 2003, 6:00 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

As far as I know DIMIA will have no idea of your financial situation when you apply for your visa, when you fill out the application form you are asked how much you will be bringing into the country but our agent advised that this is only for their interest and is not used to judge your application.

The applications judges you on : 1. Work Skills , 2. Age, 3, Criminal History and Medical History, if you pass all these and get the points required then you are in, many people emigrate to Australia without much ££££ to take you wont be the first and certainly not the last, do a search on this achives as credit and leaving outstanding bills / loans etc has been covered before.

With regards to getting a new mortgage etc I have no idea, we are taking bank statements and will have money to pay a deposit, but it seems that a lot of people rent out in Oz and seems to be quite cheap compared to over here.

Have a lovely holiday, we are also out in Oz for christmas so have a wonderful time.
Old Sep 14th 2003, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hans de Visser is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by leanda
As far as I know DIMIA will have no idea of your financial situation when you apply for your visa, when you fill out the application form you are asked how much you will be bringing into the country but our agent advised that this is only for their interest and is not used to judge your application.
I was told by an agent DIMIA asks this question to see if you have the means to support yourself and your family for the first months while you're looking for a job. If you're a nurse with a job offer, I don't think they'll worry much...