Fiance in my application

Old Sep 15th 2003, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

kelso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fiance in my application

Hi Everybody

My fiance and I applied under skilled independent and as we both had a positive skills assesment we included both our points with the application and sent both of our assesments in. None of us are Australian or resident in Australia.

1) I am the main applicant. Will dima grant both of us pernament residency or will they give my fiance a waiting period until we get married?

2) We gave an intended date of Marriage but wont be marrying on this date. Does this require notifying DIMA? I mean it was only intended. We thought we would go away to her country for our marriage but then reason prevailed and we realized that it would be better to wait until we are in Australia so that there is never anymore trouble with marriage documentation and translations etc.

3) If we eventually decide not to get married because one of us hates australia and wants to go home, what then ?

Thanks
Old Sep 15th 2003, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hans de Visser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fiance in my application

Originally posted by kelso
Hi Everybody

My fiance and I applied under skilled independent and as we both had a positive skills assesment we included both our points with the application and sent both of our assesments in. None of us are Australian or resident in Australia.

1) I am the main applicant. Will dima grant both of us pernament residency or will they give my fiance a waiting period until we get married?
Both of you will get PR rightaway. That is, if you have provided adequate proof that your relationship is genuine.
2) We gave an intended date of Marriage but wont be marrying on this date. Does this require notifying DIMA? I mean it was only intended. We thought we would go away to her country for our marriage but then reason prevailed and we realized that it would be better to wait until we are in Australia so that there is never anymore trouble with marriage documentation and translations etc.
Just send a form 1022 with the new date. If you've already signed a Notice of intended marriage you might want to send a certified copy of that as well, although I don't know whether it's necessary.
3) If we eventually decide not to get married because one of us hates australia and wants to go home, what then ?
Read this thread: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=177917