February 2008 Applicants

Old Aug 10th 2008, 5:01 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: February 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by noofie
Thanks for that Mary - how do we apply for an import license and do you think we had better wait until we have a CO or Visa?

Jackie

You can arrange to ship animals yourself, DIY style, but there's that much messing about i wouldn't recommend it. We've got a animal shipping agent to sort it all out for us. There's so many to choose from, but in the end we decided on Golden Arrow Shippers.

When to apply for the import licence? - that's the difficult one, especially when you've not got your visa or a CO. Personally I wish we'd applied for the import licence in June, which was 6 months after submitting the application and a month before we got the visa, but we weren't to know at that point the visa was only 4 weeks away, so i guess it's a mute point.

Saying that, if we'd applied for the import licence via the animal shippers as soon as we'd got the visa nearly 3 weeks ago, we may not be as stressed out as we are now.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

noofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nice

Just noticed on the April 2008 thread that Oz Dreaming have got their visa - 175 - after applying at the end of April.

They seemed pretty shocked by the speediness of it.

Which brings me to ask is there any system at all??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course not jealous at all ..............no really.

Jackie
x
Old Aug 10th 2008, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Just noticed on the April 2008 thread that Oz Dreaming have got their visa - 175 - after applying at the end of April.

Jackie
x

know how you feel noofie, I'm not jealous either, I reckon we'll both have positive news next week. I hope so anyway otherwise I'm going to loose the plot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsay x
Old Aug 10th 2008, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

noofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nice

I think I must have lost it already - allocation of visa and moving to Australia is all I can think about at the moment LOL

Only 6 hours to go until immigration office opens and they all start work again.

Please Mr or Mrs Visa person give ALL of us February applicants something to cheer this week.!!!!!!!!!!

Jackie
x

Last edited by noofie; Aug 10th 2008 at 5:44 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

I think I must have lost it already - allocation of visa and moving to Australia is all I can think about at the moment LOL

Jackie
x
I know exactly how you feel, the whole thing is driving me doolally especially now that it's so close I can almost taste it!

Lindsay x
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

I feel exactly the same, Lost the plot big time and now having problems with our neighbours over having a window put in that they don't want:curse: Well wife said 3 weeks ago it was ok and now her OH has said 'NO' and we have paid the for window and everything - he is calling Planning Office in the morning:curse: f**k p** b*ll*cks why does nothing go smoothly
Will be dropping price of house in the morning too so I had better get some good news from Mr or Mrs Visaperson next week
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Basty
I feel exactly the same, Lost the plot big time and now having problems with our neighbours over having a window put in that they don't want:curse: Well wife said 3 weeks ago it was ok and now her OH has said 'NO' and we have paid the for window and everything - he is calling Planning Office in the morning:curse: f**k p** b*ll*cks why does nothing go smoothly
Will be dropping price of house in the morning too so I had better get some good news from Mr or Mrs Visaperson next week
will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you Basty, hopefully lots of us Feb applicants will have positive news next week!

The housing market is a nightmare at the moment, esp with gordon browns indecision over the stamp duty We've kept our house on the market at offers over (scottish system) but I think once we get the visa we'll go fixed price under well under market value just to get rid, its all good fun eh!!!

Lindsay x
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you Basty, hopefully lots of us Feb applicants will have positive news next week!

The housing market is a nightmare at the moment, esp with gordon browns indecision over the stamp duty We've kept our house on the market at offers over (scottish system) but I think once we get the visa we'll go fixed price under well under market value just to get rid, its all good fun eh!!!

Lindsay x
All good fun - yeh right Our lives must be soooooooo dull
Nothing ever goes our way so us losing money on the house - well not necessarily losing money but just not making as much as we wanted is just sods law - we have got used to it now

Fingers crossed for the coming week for all Febrians
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

With all of you there.

The indecision re stamp duty is all we needed at the moment.

We have already seen a couple of houses go up with a "fixed price" here in Surrey.

Don't know what we will do when we get the visa - keep kicking about the idea of renting. Don't really want to drop our price anymore have already dropped 40k since May but being realistic I think it will take another drop before we get a buyer. I hate the whole house selling thing in a normal market (we tend to move every 3 years or so) but this really is the pits.

We had three viewings booked for this weekend - two cancelled - one came today. We made sure house was spotless - like a show house. Then would you believe it the quiet bowling green out the back of our house that never gets used (well not in the 3 years we have been here although lawns always manicured) seemed to be full of people having a party!!!! To cap it all just down from us in a totally different close is a house that always has hundreds of kids in the garden and guess what they were all out playing (trouble is not one of them talks they all shout and scream at one another):curse::curse:. We usually try to arrange viewings for when the kids will be at school or at least pray for rain!!!!

Well only a few more hours now until immigration offices open - will it be or turn????????????

Jackie
x
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

All good fun - yeh right Our lives must be soooooooo dull
Nothing ever goes our way so us losing money on the house - well not necessarily losing money but just not making as much as we wanted is just sods law - we have got used to it now
Fingers crossed for the coming week for all Febrians
Tell me about it! the house that we had an offer accepted on but had to withdraw from because of family reasons has just sold in 3 weeks on the market and would have made us £250000. Instead we bought this one and I think in this market we'll be lucky to sell it for much more than we bought it for! Hindsight eh!

have to laugh otherwise I'll cry!

Heres hoping for a good week for us all :

Lindsay x
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well only a few more hours now until immigration offices open - will it be or turn????????????

Jackie
x
God I hope so, I've already tempted fate by buying the champagne, hopefully we'll be having a champagne breakfast one day this week
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

[We had three viewings booked for this weekend - two cancelled - one came today. We made sure house was spotless - like a show house. Then would you believe it the quiet bowling green out the back of our house that never gets used (well not in the 3 years we have been here although lawns always manicured) seemed to be full of people having a party!!!! To cap it all just down from us in a totally different close is a house that always has hundreds of kids in the garden and guess what they were all out playing (trouble is not one of them talks they all shout and scream at one another) We usually try to arrange viewings for when the kids will be at school or at least pray for rain!!!!

Jackie
x[/QUOTE]

OMG - its always the same isn't it, if it rains it pours:curse: lets hope then that the viewers have kids themselves or they like bowling
Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
Tell me about it! the house that we had an offer accepted on but had to withdraw from because of family reasons has just sold in 3 weeks on the market and would have made us £250000. Instead we bought this one and I think in this market we'll be lucky to sell it for much more than we bought it for! Hindsight eh!

have to laugh otherwise I'll cry!

Heres hoping for a good week for us all :

Lindsay x
Just keep laughing Lindsay - I do
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:15 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jackie
x
What was their occupation?

With all of you there.

The indecision re stamp duty is all we needed at the moment.

We have already seen a couple of houses go up with a "fixed price" here in Surrey.

Don't know what we will do when we get the visa - keep kicking about the idea of renting. Don't really want to drop our price anymore have already dropped 40k since May but being realistic I think it will take another drop before we get a buyer. I hate the whole house selling thing in a normal market (we tend to move every 3 years or so) but this really is the pits.

We had three viewings booked for this weekend - two cancelled - one came today. We made sure house was spotless - like a show house. Then would you believe it the quiet bowling green out the back of our house that never gets used (well not in the 3 years we have been here although lawns always manicured) seemed to be full of people having a party!!!! To cap it all just down from us in a totally different close is a house that always has hundreds of kids in the garden and guess what they were all out playing (trouble is not one of them talks they all shout and scream at one another):curse::curse:. We usually try to arrange viewings for when the kids will be at school or at least pray for rain!!!!

Jackie
x

Gutted for you Jackie, but all hope isn't lost yet..............ring the EA tomorrow and get some feedback.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just keep laughing Lindsay - I do
I do! but I'm starting to look a bit like a looney tunes!! If Immi find out I'll definitely fail the character assessment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsay x
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=mary1967;6666454]What was their occupation?

Mechanical Engineer!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.