Feb 06 Visa Applications

Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:55 am

JanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud ofJanniDK has much to be proud of
Default Re: Feb 06 Visa Applications

Hi All,

As I wrote earlier we lodged (by mail) our STNI SA application 24 January (received 1 February). DIMIA acknowledged the receipt 16 February the same day as we called them to check if they had received it, which the man said they hadn't! He informed us that they were extremely busy at the moment and therefore it was possible that the application had actually been received, but not registered. Later that day we got an electronic acknowledgement - weird! I bet he has probably gone out to look for it after the conversation, otherwise it is too strange...

We had booked our X-rays and medicals for 27 February and 3 March (which is actually today!) but decided to cancel both as we realized we had probably booked them too early. We will get them done in May, I think.

Are any of you applying for STNI SA?

Have a nice weekend,

Regards,
Janni
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 10:04 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Both times? Did they fail you first time and pass second?
No ,sorry Sam have i made you paranoid ?
Hubby's skills got removed from Vic list (same week as we passed TRA)so we had a AHHH moment for quite a few weeks ,but then we decided to look at going on a 136 .However then the Vic immigration said they would be back in demand in January .So we got depressed and prayed (in a non religious kind of way) and hay presto there they were.
Which was great but it meant that we had to reapply .Thankfully again they said "oh go on then ,if we must"
and we said yes please don't worry we wont expect any hand outs for the next two years .We promise !!
Old Mar 4th 2006, 11:27 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Sent our application by courier on Feb 2. Arrived at DIMA on Feb 8 and we still haven't got aknowledgement. We did get an email last week saying they were having trouble with out credit card. I sent them the authorization they needed, but nothing since then. The waiting is driving me crazy!! We have booked our medicals and x-rays for March 24 (2 adults & 2 kids) hoping it's not too soon. We're region 5, 136 MODL, so hoping it won't take too long. Daughter turns 12 in August, so hoping to go before her b-day. Airfare goes up by about 50% when she turns 12. I tried to explain to the airline that her arse won't grow by 50% overnight, so why should her fare?
Well, here's hoping we all have our visas by end July.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice
Talking Re: Feb 06 Visa Applications

Just recieved a call from my credit card company asking me to authorise a payment from the DIMIA for my visa fee. Going by other's i thought that was pretty quick........ hope the visa is quick also.........
Old Mar 6th 2006, 1:59 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Our application was received Feb 8 and they charged our CC Feb 28, but no ack letter yet!! The suspense is killing me. We've booked our meds for Mar 24
Old Mar 6th 2006, 2:03 pm
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dotnron
Our application was received Feb 8 and they charged our CC Feb 28, but no ack letter yet!! The suspense is killing me. We've booked our meds for Mar 24
Did you give them permission to email? We got an email the same day they took the money but if they are posting you a letter it will take a good week to arrive.
I wouldnt worry to much though. Atleast they have you money so you know your in the system.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 4:31 pm
Still alive

Talking Re: Feb 06 Visa Applications

Originally Posted by glennandkate
Did you give them permission to email? We got an email the same day they took the money but if they are posting you a letter it will take a good week to arrive.
I wouldnt worry to much though. Atleast they have you money so you know your in the system.
Yes we asked them to communicate via email. They sure emailed quick enough to say that the money wouldn't come off our MasterCard!! I just want my file number...or better yet my visa
Old Mar 6th 2006, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice
Smile Re: Feb 06 Visa Applications

Originally Posted by Auzziebound
Just recieved a call from my credit card company asking me to authorise a payment from the DIMIA for my visa fee. Going by other's i thought that was pretty quick........ hope the visa is quick also.........

I've just checked my email after getting a call from the credit card company today and guess what? Am email from the DIMIA (3:05am our time) with acknowledgement letter containing reference number and cc receipt.

It also states that a CO will assess my application within 4-5 months and approx processing time is 6 months for occupation on the demand list and 9 months for all other categories.

Referring to other BE users their time-line show that it tends to be bang on the 4 month mark that they get the CO.

Next step for me is our meds done 28th April.........

Jane

Last edited by Auzziebound; Mar 6th 2006 at 8:56 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

kozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nice

Originally Posted by LauraandDes
Hi All,

Just thought I'd start a thread for all those applying for their visas this month. We have just sent ours off via DHL and can't wait to get out there.

We would ideally love to go to Brissie but will probably go to Melbourne instead as there is more IT work there.

Good luck to all those that are applying / waiting to hear.

L

Hi,

We sent our application off on 21st feb and it arrived in adelaide on 27th but we're still waiting an acknowledgement. Hoping to be in Perth for xmas!!
Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:49 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kozzae
Hi,

We sent our application off on 21st feb and it arrived in adelaide on 27th but we're still waiting an acknowledgement. Hoping to be in Perth for xmas!!

Well, just got the email, ours was received the 21st Feb, credit card has been charged and its all official.

We are officially on that train that takes 6 months to get to visa land.

And I think I feel quite nervous.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 5:41 am
It's not my real name....

coolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of light

My application was acknowledged on 15th feb, lodged 14th. Nice and quick!
Old Mar 7th 2006, 7:23 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coolie
My application was acknowledged on 15th feb, lodged 14th. Nice and quick!

IELTS soon coolie!
Old Mar 7th 2006, 4:32 pm

coolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
IELTS soon coolie!
Too right. This Saturday in fact. I have not done much prep, but have looked at a few websites and downloaded some listening examples. Sounds terribly boring. I suppose I just have to get my spelling up to scratch, oh, and my vocabulary too.

I was looking at a tutorial and it brought back high school memories/ nightmares. I hated English, but realy liked the teacher, so it was a bit of a catch 22. I suppose it's like all things when you're young; you always hate the things you HAVE to do.

After looking at the materials I've seen, I don't think I'll have a problem. I just have to concentrate and not rush things through. But they say that the major factor governing good students is the time limit. So I need to take my time but not too much then!!!
I just can't beleive it takes all day to do. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Good luck to your hubby too. I'm sure I'll bump into him there.

Dion
Old Mar 7th 2006, 4:36 pm

I'm booking meds for when we get back from holiday at the end of the month. I hope the waiting list is not too long. Does anybody know if you have to go to the panel doctor closest to you, or if you can go anywhere? It's just that I want to have the option to go elsewhere in case the one in Kingston-upon-Thames is too expensive.
I understand it's quite cheap in Dover? Nothing like a nice trip to the seaside!
Old Mar 7th 2006, 5:04 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coolie
I'm booking meds for when we get back from holiday at the end of the month. I hope the waiting list is not too long. Does anybody know if you have to go to the panel doctor closest to you, or if you can go anywhere? It's just that I want to have the option to go elsewhere in case the one in Kingston-upon-Thames is too expensive.
I understand it's quite cheap in Dover? Nothing like a nice trip to the seaside!

i believe that you can go anywhere as long as they are on the panel, i know of some people from kent who went to london, and others whom have gone to Gatwick as well as others to Dover!,

We're heading off to Dover (mainly cause of cost ) in April sometime, not booked yet, waiting to see what GlennandKate make of them first

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.