British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Feb 06 Visa Applications (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/feb-06-visa-applications-352245/)

LauraandDes Feb 1st 2006 2:21 pm

Feb 06 Visa Applications

Hi All,

Just thought I'd start a thread for all those applying for their visas this month. We have just sent ours off via DHL and can't wait to get out there.

We would ideally love to go to Brissie but will probably go to Melbourne instead as there is more IT work there.

Good luck to all those that are applying / waiting to hear.

L

lacey21 Feb 1st 2006 8:17 pm

Re: Feb 06 Visa Applications

Aww just wanted to say go for it and I hope some one has a Feb application soon to put on here hugs Lace xxxx I am Sept/oct thread lol

Mrs JFW Feb 1st 2006 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by LauraandDes
Hi All,

Just thought I'd start a thread for all those applying for their visas this month. We have just sent ours off via DHL and can't wait to get out there.

We would ideally love to go to Brissie but will probably go to Melbourne instead as there is more IT work there.

L

Hi L

I am waiting for work references then I can send off for skills assessment and hopefully i will be a March visa applicant!

Good luck everyone

jackie x

Cheetah7 Feb 1st 2006 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Hi L

I am waiting for work references then I can send off for skills assessment and hopefully i will be a March visa applicant!

Good luck everyone

jackie x

I hope to be February's.

But you never know.

Off2Oz Feb 1st 2006 10:51 pm

I hope to be February too!!

Cheetah7 Feb 1st 2006 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by KevinJanine
I hope to be February too!!

It will be a push though, waiting for our forms to be checked, then I can print them out, get some odd bits certifed, get some pics done tomorrow and get it in the post.

Then I can do police and medical checks when they ask for them.

But February is what I would like, then I suppose we have the waiting.

Off2Oz Feb 1st 2006 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
It will be a push though, waiting for our forms to be checked, then I can print them out, get some odd bits certifed, get some pics done tomorrow and get it in the post.

Then I can do police and medical checks when they ask for them.

But February is what I would like, then I suppose we have the waiting.

We are still waiting for our TRA result but providing we get a positive result from that we are good to go!! So fingers crossed for Feb!!

Cheetah7 Feb 1st 2006 11:02 pm

We are still waiting for our TRA result but providing we get a positive result from that we are good to go!! So fingers crossed for Feb!!

We got ours back ever so quick, under 2 weeks.

We have not had alot of luck of late, and the thought of hubbys trade falling off the list and then we will be stuffed.

So the sooner it goes in the better.

I hope you get your TRA, they have been coming back quickly so it might not be long.

Did you do it yourself?

Off2Oz Feb 1st 2006 11:13 pm

We got ours back ever so quick, under 2 weeks.

We have not had alot of luck of late, and the thought of hubbys trade falling off the list and then we will be stuffed.

So the sooner it goes in the better.

I hope you get your TRA, they have been coming back quickly so it might not be long.

Did you do it yourself?

Yes, we did it ourselves. It had to be the hardest thing I've ever done. Speaking to hubby's old employer asking for a reference was hard, hard work - in the end had to write the ref myself and get them to print and sign on their headed paper. But, I have to say, if it wasn't for this site we wouldn't have put in the kind of detail that we ended up putting in. We also went to a migration fair in October which was really helpful also. Just hope we have put enough info in for them!

Cheetah7 Feb 1st 2006 11:15 pm

Yes, we did it ourselves. It had to be the hardest thing I've ever done. Speaking to hubby's old employer asking for a reference was hard, hard work - in the end had to write the ref myself and get them to print and sign on their headed paper. But, I have to say, if it wasn't for this site we wouldn't have put in the kind of detail that we ended up putting in. We also went to a migration fair in October which was really helpful also. Just hope we have put enough info in for them!

I know its a minefield.

Its even worse when you are married to a foreigner!

English tests, character checks from their own country.

I reckon I will be old and menopausal by the time its over. I will be 39 in August, what a nice present if we got if for then.

Come on Georgie love, do your magic.

We used an agent for our TRA and are using George Lombard for the visa. Im getting quite good at this using men business ;)

Off2Oz Feb 1st 2006 11:20 pm

I know its a minefield.

Its even worse when you are married to a foreigner!

English tests, character checks from their own country.

I reckon I will be old and menopausal by the time its over. I will be 39 in August, what a nice present if we got if for then.

Come on Georgie love, do your magic.

We used an agent for our TRA and are using George Lombard for the visa. Im getting quite good at this using men business ;)

I'm sure George will do his magic!! He got your TRA!

I know about this using men business - my soft purring voice whilst speaking to all those blokes on building sites getting what I wanted from that. It just fell apart when I had to speak to their secretaries!!!!

Cheetah7 Feb 1st 2006 11:29 pm

I'm sure George will do his magic!! He got your TRA!

I know about this using men business - my soft purring voice whilst speaking to all those blokes on building sites getting what I wanted from that. It just fell apart when I had to speak to their secretaries!!!!

Oh it wasnt George that got the TRA, it was Glen Newton.

But I am praying George will be top man in getting us our visa.

Purring voice? wish I had one of those.

C&R Feb 2nd 2006 2:09 am

Originally Posted by LauraandDes
Hi All,

L

We hope to send of our app in Feb too! just waiting to sort out a few things first. Good luck everyone!!!!

nick72 Feb 2nd 2006 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Claire&Richard
We hope to send of our app in Feb too! just waiting to sort out a few things first. Good luck everyone!!!!

We are awaiting our TRA, but the DIMIA application is ready !!

We hopefully will be sent in the next week...

Please Mr TRA man (isnt that a song??)

Hey Mr TRA man......la la la la la la....hmm now wheres my Jack Daniels gone..

Nick

Chrystalk Feb 2nd 2006 9:35 pm

We are applying for a spousal visa - I am Australian, my husband is British. All I am waiting for is references from friends to arrive and the police check to come back (I want to front load the application). Hopefully will have it all in late Feb/early March.

All the best for those applying this month!