fastest way to oz please???????

Old May 3rd 2010, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

fancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nice
Red face fastest way to oz please???????

Im so confused with Visas!
I was hoping to apply for the 175 visa for aus...GSM, or the state migration visa for WA. We want to go to Perth so dont mind applying for the state visa. Im a nurse....my husband is a building contractor here (chippie by trade) and we have a 10 month old little girl.

Is it true that it will take at least 18 months to get visa? When I heard this I was heart broken was really hoping to get to aus within 8-12 months at most!!! Can anyone tell me what is our fastest option to get out there? Does anyone know about the business migration visa? My husband hopes to start building contracting out there. Im not too keen going out on a sponsorship visa and anyway I've heard they have cut right back on nursing sponsorship in Perth!

Please help!!!!
Old May 3rd 2010, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fastest way to oz please???????

Sponsorship would be fastest but would tie you in to working full-time which may not be what what you want with such a young child.
What is your rush???
If you can get PR visa, you are in a much stronger position workwise & much more secure. Surely worth an extra 6 months????
Our PR application took just about 12 months on my nursing, probably worth a little more thought!
Old May 3rd 2010, 12:54 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fancy
I was hoping to apply for the 175 visa for aus...GSM, or the state migration visa for WA. We want to go to Perth so dont mind applying for the state visa. Im a nurse....my husband is a building contractor here (chippie by trade) and we have a 10 month old little girl.

Is it true that it will take at least 18 months to get visa? When I heard this I was heart broken was really hoping to get to aus within 8-12 months at most!!! Can anyone tell me what is our fastest option to get out there? Does anyone know about the business migration visa? My husband hopes to start building contracting out there. Im not too keen going out on a sponsorship visa and anyway I've heard they have cut right back on nursing sponsorship in Perth!

Please help!!!!
And I believe the nurse market in Perth s very tight. They laid a load off not so long ago and good jobs are scarce.
Old May 3rd 2010, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I don't know your particular circumstances or am familiar with visa process in 2010 but we went down Permanent residency route (175 now I think??) I would never go for sponsorship if PR was an option. Check this out on the DIAC website.
Assuming you are an RN with a couple of years experience, recent full-time, you should be eligible.
Do the online assessment on the DIAC website to see what your oiptions are.
Keep asking if you need more info!
Old May 3rd 2010, 2:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fancy

Please help!!!!
Have you done a points test for the skilled migration visa? If you have 120 points you don't have to secure state sponsorship and would be free to live wherever you want anyway. As a nurse, assuming you have been working full time recently you would be the obvious main applicant. A business visa would be far more complicated route than applying on your nuirsing credentials.

My visa took 7 months last year, lodged 1st May and granted 4th December. They have been a lot quicker this year for applicants on the critical skills list (which you would be as a nurse). The thing is the CSL is due to be revoked in a couple of months, however I still think nursing would be one of those in demand occupations.

Australia isn't going anywhere. You have an occupation in demand and have a good chance of geting a visa. Calm down and start working towards it.

Good luck.
Old May 3rd 2010, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

fancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nicefancy is just really nice

Thanks Bermudashorts.
Ye would much rather go for the 175, but a visa agent we spoke to said that a 175 would take 18 months. Im so happy to hear that your visa took just 7 months. I was thinking that too.....bout nursing staying in the demand list. I don't see it changing