Extremely complex question...

Old Sep 15th 2012, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

ahmadsh is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Extremely complex question...

Hi

I have very complex situation regarding my dependent father.

I had applied for permanent residency of Australia in 2010. At that stage my father was fully dependent on me from last 6-7 years. In application to DIAC he was in my dependent list along with my wife and kids.

In the middle of processing (around April 2011), circumstance took strange turn when my father denied to accompany me to Australia and I had request his withdrawal to case officer. Two months later my brother started supporting my father financially, however my father was still living with me in my house.

After my permanent VISA granted, situation changed again when my brother stopped my father's financial support due to his bad financial condition.

consequently after staying dependent of my brother for 6 months, my father is now back in my dependent list, AND now he is willing to re-locate to Australia.

I am extremely confused at this stage, should I notify my case officer about this change. And would DIAC accept my father as my dependent again incase he lodge a separate application?

Please advise...

Ahmad
Old Sep 15th 2012, 5:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extremely complex question...

Originally Posted by ahmadsh
Hi

I had applied for permanent residency of Australia in 2010. At that stage my father was fully dependent on me from last 6-7 years. In application to DIAC he was in my dependent list along with my wife and kids.

In the middle of processing (around April 2011), circumstance took strange turn when my father denied to accompany me to Australia and I had request his withdrawal to case officer. Two months later my brother started supporting my father financially, however my father was still living with me in my house.

After my permanent VISA granted, situation changed again when my brother stopped my father's financial support due to his bad financial condition.

consequently after staying dependent of my brother for 6 months, my father is now back in my dependent list, AND now he is willing to re-locate to Australia.

I am extremely confused at this stage, should I notify my case officer about this change. And would DIAC accept my father as my dependent again incase he lodge a separate application?

Please advise...

Ahmad
You visa has already been granted - and presumably validated. You cannot add a dependent to it now.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 6:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

It isn't that complex a question. You can't add him to your visa application now as you no longer have an application, you have a visa. You need to look into parent visa now.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

shah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ahmadsh
Hi

Please advise...

Ahmad
the situation is complex....the question is fairly easy...
Old Sep 16th 2012, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shah
the situation is complex....the question is fairly easy...
..as is the answer; you have no case officer since you now have a visa therefore you cannot add a dependent to a visa which has been granted - finito.