Extension to PR 175 visa - any chance?

Old Jan 3rd 2014, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

barnsleylass is just really nicebarnsleylass is just really nicebarnsleylass is just really nicebarnsleylass is just really nicebarnsleylass is just really nicebarnsleylass is just really nicebarnsleylass is just really nicebarnsleylass is just really nice
Default Extension to PR 175 visa - any chance?

Hi,
We were granted our PR visas in Jan 2009, activated April 2009. We have gone back & forth (more times than I care to mention!) about whether we would move over but in the end decided that we would stay in the UK unless my husband managed to get a job over there.
He was offered a job back in June 2013 so we were ready to move out but unfortunately this fell through. He was contacted again by the same company in December about another position. He interviewed for the role and is down to the final two. Unfortunately due to availability of the other candidate the final interview is not until the w/c 13th Jan and our PR visa's run out on the 14th. Slightly bad timing.
We don't want to move over in case he doesn't get the position and he has then given up his job in the UK.
So does anyone know what our chances are of getting a RRV 157 visa (the 3 month extension one I think)? He would obviously have a job offer in writing if we applied for this but I am not sure if this is a good enough tie to Australia. Also would we need to apply for this before our PR visa runs out?
Any help/advice greatly appreciated.
Sally
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extension to PR 175 visa - any chance?

I think it would be better to apply before the current visa runs out and a job offer would strengthen the case. I would recommend you apply just for him to start with and then if he gets it the rest of you apply, it would just save on application fees if it is rejected.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

I would ask the company your husband is being interviewed by to write a letter to confirm that he is being interviewed and that the potential job offer is dependent on an RRV being granted. Then apply for a RRV for him now. I would say that he has a very good chance of a one year RRV being granted (it won't be a 3 month one, these are for family emergencies back home, that sort of thing). And that way, he would have a RRV even if he doesn't get the job if you pull your finger out.

If that doesn't work, try again if/once he has a firm job offer, again getting the company to confirm that the offer is dependent on him having a RRV. I would be very surprised if that was not granted, even if you have no other ties.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

barnsleylass is just really nicebarnsleylass is just really nicebarnsleylass is just really nicebarnsleylass is just really nicebarnsleylass is just really nicebarnsleylass is just really nicebarnsleylass is just really nicebarnsleylass is just really nice

Thanks for the advice. To be honest I thought we had no chance but it sounds fairly hopeful. Do anyone know of anyone else that has managed to get the RRV in this way?
Cheers
Sally