Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Sep 12th 2009, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

miscellaneous is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by sandch
I don't know how to tell you this, but if you're looking forward to Christmas you may have a bit longer to wait......
Meanwhile we could all write to Santa with an early wish list, putting at the top of our list: ---- PR VISA'S to be issued ASAP please.
cc To Perth.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 8:33 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sandch
I don't know how to tell you this, but if you're looking forward to Christmas you may have a bit longer to wait......
Steve, don't you have a list of jobs to do? I know its Saturday and you are used to having the day off!!!

Happy holidays

Cheers

Matt
Old Sep 12th 2009, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

rosalinka is an unknown quantity at this point

please can someone tell me if they contact you about meds or anything else
at all before giving you a co
where does the diac queueing system fit in
Old Sep 12th 2009, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Just wondering if anything has gone wrong with the forum. I have subscribed to this thread but am not getting the email notifications for new posts -has been like this for about 2 weeks now. I have tried unsubscirbing and the subscirbing again but to no avail. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old Sep 12th 2009, 4:02 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rosalinka
please can someone tell me if they contact you about meds or anything else
at all before giving you a co
where does the diac queueing system fit in
No - you get a CO first and the CO then contacts you for additional information eg meds. Most know of first getting a CO when they get contacted for info.

The queue start when you have qualified and they have run out of visas for the year. Usually after meds and pcc are done, but before the 2nd VAC.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

miscellaneous is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Just wondering if anything has gone wrong with the forum. I have subscribed to this thread but am not getting the email notifications for new posts -has been like this for about 2 weeks now. I have tried unsubscirbing and the subscirbing again but to no avail. Has this happened to anyone else?
I hope I am right on this if not someone else will be.

At the top of this page is the name Britishexpats.com -underneath is blue line with Discussion Forum highlighted, below this is My profile, click on this, it should come up showing a Control panel on right hand side. go down to Setting & Options, and below this click on Edit Options. scroll down to where is says Messaging notification, and go to the panel saying Default Thread Subscription Mode, click on arrow to drop down the options and choose Instant email notification. and hopefully this will do the trick for you.

Elaine
Old Sep 12th 2009, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Hi CPVs

I read a lot on this thread about people holding off changing £s into AU$s because of the current exchange rate.

I must ask the question why so many of you feel it will go back up again?

Every one in this thread will need $44,000 for one and $82,000 for two visas so I am intrested as to why so many feel the rate should rise again before they will exchange their £s.

I was in Oz for August this year and last year and was getting around 2$ to the £ each time, just a bit less this year.

What do people feel is a normal rate for £s to $s?
Old Sep 12th 2009, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
Hi CPVs

I read a lot on this thread about people holding off changing £s into AU$s because of the current exchange rate.

I must ask the question why so many of you feel it will go back up again?

Every one in this thread will need $44,000 for one and $82,000 for two visas so I am intrested as to why so many feel the rate should rise again before they will exchange their £s.

I was in Oz for August this year and last year and was getting around 2$ to the £ each time, just a bit less this year.

What do people feel is a normal rate for £s to $s?
Hi, firstly not everyone on this thread will be needing the same amount for their visas. When we applied it was $31,555 for one applicant and obviously $63,110 for two. Thats what we will pay, as thats the VAC in force at time of acknowledgement.

As to the interest rate, it was as low as 1.9078 on Sept 8th and coming back up again. It was 2.0098 on Aug 19th, so simple mathematics applies here. On the difference of those two rates there is an amount of £2,000 more required at the lower rate to buy $82,000! When we started out on this trail the rate was nearer 2.4 so on $63,110 it would have been £26,295 which is what we budgeted for, but now at 1.9078 it would be £33,079, which is quite a difference! So thats why we are all hoping it will come back up, theres nothing to say it will!

Cheers

Matt
Old Sep 12th 2009, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Hi, firstly not everyone on this thread will be needing the same amount for their visas. When we applied it was $31,555 for one applicant and obviously $63,110 for two. Thats what we will pay, as thats the VAC in force at time of acknowledgement.

As to the interest rate, it was as low as 1.9078 on Sept 8th and coming back up again. It was 2.0098 on Aug 19th, so simple mathematics applies here. On the difference of those two rates there is an amount of £2,000 more required at the lower rate to buy $82,000! When we started out on this trail the rate was nearer 2.4 so on $63,110 it would have been £26,295 which is what we budgeted for, but now at 1.9078 it would be £33,079, which is quite a difference! So thats why we are all hoping it will come back up, theres nothing to say it will!

Cheers

Matt
Thanks for the reply Matt,

Did you book your $s at 2.4 or at the time did that not appear to be a good rate?

We are changing up some money each month whatever the rate as who knows what it will be in 2 years time.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
Thanks for the reply Matt,

Did you book your $s at 2.4 or at the time did that not appear to be a good rate?

We are changing up some money each month whatever the rate as who knows what it will be in 2 years time.
We were in Oz in Jan 2008 when the rate was 2.4 and were going to open a savings account with the Bendigo Bank and transfer our savings there, but for some reason didn't, now we are going to pay for our mistake!

If you can afford to do it as you are, then after 2 years its not so noticeable!

Cheers

Matt
Old Sep 12th 2009, 9:39 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Hello All!

Just to let you know, my mum (Jillany) was granted her visa on August 31st!
She applied in January 08. Needless to say she is floating on cloud nine now and her property is up for sale now. Wish her luck!

Good luck to all of you still waiting!
Sandch - could you update your tracker?

Cheers!

W
Old Sep 12th 2009, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wanderlust
Hello All!

She applied in January 08. Needless to say she is floating on cloud nine now and her property is up for sale now. Wish her luck!

Cheers!

W

Congratulations
to you and to the New Gran first on the Visa and secondly on the birth of your new baby boy! How lovely for you all and good luck for a very happy future together.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 10:11 pm

Hello All!

Cheers!

W
Congratulations to Jillany on reaching Red Star status, another gap on the timeline is filled. Hopefully the house sale will not be too drawn out.

Good luck in Oz!

Cheers

Matt
Old Sep 13th 2009, 2:05 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All!

Cheers!

W
Great news!
Timelines updated, red star applied!
Old Sep 13th 2009, 2:08 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
It does happen, if the forum does not detect you logging in and checking. So it tells you once and then won't email you again until you next log in and visit the forum. Often you can check threads without logging in (as a guest), so you might not be aware of this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.