Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

European applicants ? what do you make of this ?

European applicants ? what do you make of this ?

Old Dec 11th 2008, 4:33 pm
mrt
Forum Regular

mrt will become famous soon enough
Default Re: European applicants ? what do you make of this ?

Hi guys....on the original subject, I just wanted to know whats DIAC stance on all this.

Has anyone sent them an email on this issue? or does DIAC specifically state that they will attend to cases on a first come first serve basis.

cheer up guys we all just want the same thing

cheers

mrt
Old Dec 11th 2008, 4:59 pm
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RobertC
I'm British UK based and e-lodged my application for a 176 on 15th April 2008, still no case officer, this is listed on beupdate so I don't think your research has been careful enough to come to the conclusion that you have.

However, you may still be correct as many people have suggested in the past that not only are native engish speakers apparently favoured but the UK in particular typically seems to have shorter processing times.

If true, then I think its a brilliant idea as it would favour our application and speed up our processing. It doesn't seem to have helped much so far though.
I've just noticed that you got your visa ! lol congratulations for that and good luck..!
That answers everything for you doesn't it ?

Perhaps a case officer read your post and decided to do somethin about it ? In that case you should thank me lol l.. Jokes

Congrats again
Old Dec 11th 2008, 11:05 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fifty_pence
lol however did I manage to do that ? Unless you consider expressing your concerns as an attempt to 'Incite hard feelings', I can't see how I'm inciting hard feelings? What exactly did I say that amounts to 'inciting hard feelings'. In fact, referring to my post as 'useless', seems like an attempt to incite hard feelings on your part.

Agreed. But isn't that exactly what we're debating here? For DIAC to NOT live up to the expected standards and taking much longer then they say ? For people from other Low Risk countries like Germany, to have to wait almost an year before they are even allocated a case officer ? Britain and Germany, both being low risk countries, should be treated equally, but its quite OBVIOUS that they are not..

Seriously mate, did you find my post too hard to understand?

And like I said in my earlier post, I do not mind waiting at all as long as I have an idea of how long a wait would it be ?

Okay seriously, whatever does that mean? Perhaps you'll want to keep your suggestions to yourself because quite frankly, they are useless, to say the least. Thanks

Let's measure my desperation the only way we can on the internet,,, I've been on this forum since May2008, TWO months longer than you... and you already have more then twice the number of posts as me! APPARENTLY you spend a lot more time on these boards then I do. I'll leave it to everyone else to decide if I am any more desperate to migrate then YOU are ?

I never suggested 'discrimination' , but what I do suggest is for you to kindly READ the post before responding. I clearly said, and I quote '

And Lastly

Lets leave it to DIAC to establish who is needed in Australia, and who isn't. shall we ?
nyahahaha at least i have my visa after PATIENTLY waiting.... and even with my visa already i'm not rushing to migrate

deny it all you want but that's what you want to imply, that there's discrimination/favoritism. you really wanted to make non-UK applicants feel bad and instigate sourgraping, deny it all you want bat that's obviously your attitude. if you have problems with DIAC's priorities, you will get better results by dealing with them because this is something the forum members cannot really change. again you're all bark and no bite, there's no useful resolution to your posts. remember this is the BritishExpats forum.

Last edited by commonwealth; Dec 11th 2008 at 11:08 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 11:15 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter...ndards/2.1.htm

manage your expectations accordingly

Last edited by commonwealth; Dec 11th 2008 at 11:22 pm.
Old Dec 12th 2008, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

punoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to all

Oh had no Idea that for German nationals it takes more than 13 months!!!
Thts depressing, we applied for 175 in Sep and were looking forward to get our visas in april-may (
My OH the main applicant is a German and i am an Indian so dont know if we will be treated as HR or LR(hopefully LR)
Oh yeah and i am desperate to move to Australia and start our new life..love that country!!!
Old Dec 13th 2008, 6:47 am
Just Joined

AussieGaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by commonwealth
fifty_pence's post is useless to say the least. people come to this site to obtain/offer relevant advice, and here comes someone who's trying to incite hard feelings and sourgraping without a practical outcome. DIAC's service standards and expected processing times are posted on their website and applicants should therefore manage their expectations accordingly.

perhaps s/he'd like to start a thread for indians versus rest of south asia? or maybe india vs rest of the third world? or something as divisive as that?

fifty_pence's divisive and condescending attitude does not help at all and s/he only wants to make people feel as bad as s/he does (being apparently someone who's desperate to migrate) and even suggests discrimination - people with such attitude are not needed in Australia and I will not feel sorry at all for him/her if s/he does not get the visa.
I have seen fifty_pence post in other threads and s/he is a troublemaker, with an aggressive anti-British attitude.
Old Dec 13th 2008, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

varsanik will become famous soon enoughvarsanik will become famous soon enough

"Live and Let Live" "He Who Works Hard Move Forward Faster" "Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it"
Old Dec 14th 2008, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fifty_pence

Let's measure my desperation the only way we can on the internet,,, I've been on this forum since May2008, TWO months longer than you... and you already have more then twice the number of posts as me! APPARENTLY you spend a lot more time on these boards then I do. I'll leave it to everyone else to decide if I am any more desperate to migrate then YOU are ?
fifty_pence please see the correction above in red. You may speak 7 languages but since this is BritishExpats we tend to speak the native language that you heavily criticised in other threads.

aussiegaz well said.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Location: Toronto (the big city in Canada, not the town in New South Wales!)
torcraw has a spectacular aura abouttorcraw has a spectacular aura abouttorcraw has a spectacular aura about

I wouldn't completely dismiss fifty_pence's speculation on whether or not DIAC is prioritizing people from the UK - I'm from another english speaking country that's also classified as low risk, and I have also noticed that UK applicants are on average being processed faster than people from other nations. Don't know if it's really true or not, but that seems to be the prevailing pattern from these forums and the timeline site.

Last edited by torcraw; Dec 15th 2008 at 1:03 am. Reason: wording
Old Dec 15th 2008, 12:42 am
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
fifty_pence please see the correction above in red. You may speak 7 languages but since this is BritishExpats we tend to speak the native language that you heavily criticised in other threads.

aussiegaz well said.
Horse what are you on about man ? I heavily criticized english language ? However did I do that? Whenever? Wherever?

And as far as your 'correction' is concerned, I can't be bothered to spell every word correctly, as long as the sentence makes sense, and is grammaticly correct. On the other hand however, your grammer is truely HORRIFIC, and like I said before I do indeed have a hard time believing your first language is English?

I remember you correcting me in another thread as well - you told me a 'comma' should be followed by a space!!

lol seriously man for YOU to go around teaching people english, makes me laugh.. lol look at you!

Clicking on your name I had a QUICK read through your posts, and I list below parts of a FEW of your posts in another thread (titled Indian applicants) and how you've been struggling with grammer throughout. I'm sure I can list a few dozen if I had another 15 minutes. But oh well, this should be enough..

# 152 ' I am going ask them what that their opinion on this subject because ...'

#192 'They have insulted Australians of which my Girlfriend is Australian born and that is the same as insulting me.'

#200 'I was intending on returning to my native country because I own land there'

#206 'I did not call you a 'clown' because you english is not you first langauge '
'I did not require the 10 points work Australian experience because to me they are surplus.'
Old Dec 15th 2008, 2:09 am
His Excellency

Originally Posted by AussieGaz
I have seen fifty_pence post in other threads and s/he is a troublemaker, with an aggressive anti-British attitude.
Fair enough

I won't dispute any of your claims.
You call me aggresive, I call it 'being confident'. And I can't help it if reading my posts gives you an inferiority complex and you go on to declare I'm anti british..

Thats your problem

Cheers anyway
Old Dec 15th 2008, 2:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Any more bitching and personal insults in this thread and I will close it.
It is not a thread by the grammar police, so cut it out.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 2:41 am
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I concur with the bitching and personal insults.

However, I cannot abide poor grammar.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 2:23 pm
His Excellency

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I understand that.

I was just replying to this man who calls himself a horse, who has come out of nowhere and posted something that is totally irrelevant and has nothing to do with whats being discussed in this thread, in an obvious attempt to insult me. And this is the second time he has done it after I chose to ignore his first attempt, in another thread.

For some reason he feels my english is poor just because it's not my first language. But like I said, for a native english speaker, his english is so horrific that it makes me wonder if he was even taught grammer at school ?

Or maybe he just feels the need to constantly insult me because he feels inferior because I speak 7 languages or for whatever reason!

Apologies to all who disagreed with my post. Just thought I'd explain myself.

Take it easy folks!
Old Dec 15th 2008, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

Lissa is an unknown quantity at this point

I cannot believe that people are getting irritated with one another online!! We are all after the same thing - an Australian Visa. If you can't get along online why not stay where you are, and let those that want a better quality of life move to Australia with no prejudices!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.