Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

European applicants ? what do you make of this ?

European applicants ? what do you make of this ?

Old Dec 6th 2008, 8:01 pm
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of
Default European applicants ? what do you make of this ?

Hi folks

I've been around this forum a while now, but didn't really have much to say. Untill I ran out of patience of course. I suppose thats how most people get here - looking for other people who are waiting for their visas/case officers. Don't really know why but I suppose you feel safe in the knowledge that 'your not the only one'

Anyway, about the topic of this thread now. -

I've just been going through the BE timeline spreadsheets and I've noticed something many of you may already have noticed, as I think I can see a pattern emerging.

1. All the Brits who E-lodged their visas in/before June2008 have already been allocated Case Officers. I think the July 08 applicants are being sorted right now.
2. Even the brits who lodged a paper applications in/before March2008 , have a case officer
3. However, for other european nationals ( Low Risk) like French and German nationals, even the applicants who E-lodged their cases as far back as February 2008 are waiting on a case officer.
4. For the HR folk, I doubt if any of the 2008 applicants have even heard from a case officer.

Conclusion? I think DIAC definitely have a seperate que for brits..

Looking back at the emphasis they laid on English language skills when the Sept 2007 changes were first introduced, I think DIAC definitely have a favorable attitude towards British applicants.And while you can't accuse them of being 'racist' or 'discrimenatry' because they fast-track british applicants, you can certainly expect them to be a bit open about their policies so people have a better idea about what they can or can not expect. Surely thats not too much to ask for ?

I mean even if people think its unfair, they certainy would feel better in the knowledge that its the standard procedure that DIAC employ. Only thing
worse then waiting , is waiting AND witnessing other people who lodged their applications way after you did being allocated case officers. I know
it for a fact now that I won't be allocated a case officer untill after xmas.

So I think the past few months (since sept 08, 6 months on after lodging)) would have been a lot easier for me if only I was aware of DIAC's . procedure/policy ?

PS: I'm just talking about 'case officers' knowing that verification for HR countries takes MUCH LONGER
Old Dec 6th 2008, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

romeosd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: European applicants ? what do you make of this ?

Originally Posted by fifty_pence
Hi folks

I've been around this forum a while now, but didn't really have much to say. Untill I ran out of patience of course. I suppose thats how most people get here - looking for other people who are waiting for their visas/case officers. Don't really know why but I suppose you feel safe in the knowledge that 'your not the only one'

Anyway, about the topic of this thread now. -

I've just been going through the BE timeline spreadsheets and I've noticed something many of you may already have noticed, as I think I can see a pattern emerging.

1. All the Brits who E-lodged their visas in/before June2008 have already been allocated Case Officers. I think the July 08 applicants are being sorted right now.
2. Even the brits who lodged a paper applications in/before March2008 , have a case officer
3. However, for other european nationals ( Low Risk) like French and German nationals, even the applicants who E-lodged their cases as far back as February 2008 are waiting on a case officer.
4. For the HR folk, I doubt if any of the 2008 applicants have even heard from a case officer.

Conclusion? I think DIAC definitely have a seperate que for brits..

Looking back at the emphasis they laid on English language skills when the Sept 2007 changes were first introduced, I think DIAC definitely have a favorable attitude towards British applicants.And while you can't accuse them of being 'racist' or 'discrimenatry' because they fast-track british applicants, you can certainly expect them to be a bit open about their policies so people have a better idea about what they can or can not expect. Surely thats not too much to ask for ?

I mean even if people think its unfair, they certainy would feel better in the knowledge that its the standard procedure that DIAC employ. Only thing
worse then waiting , is waiting AND witnessing other people who lodged their applications way after you did being allocated case officers. I know
it for a fact now that I won't be allocated a case officer untill after xmas.

So I think the past few months (since sept 08, 6 months on after lodging)) would have been a lot easier for me if only I was aware of DIAC's . procedure/policy ?

PS: I'm just talking about 'case officers' knowing that verification for HR countries takes MUCH LONGER
I have a friend of mine who is german and didn't live anywhere except germany - Frankfurt. He is waiting now for 13 months, but you know may be it is individual case, this is what I told him, but he said to me this is the common timeline for Germans as per a german forum he is a member of.

But you know, we don't want to keep in our mind this fancy thing called racist as may be Germany is HR country, or may be there are a lot of false applicants from this country, or may be they don't have the technology required to do the fast checks.

Better keep those things away from your mind, forget about immigration and keep it as your plan B, if you get it fine, if not you will loose nothing more than the fees you spent and sometime as well

Good Luck for all
Romeo
Old Dec 6th 2008, 8:56 pm
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

Germany probably has better living conditions and economy than any other country in Europe, including perhaps, even the UK. Germany is definitley a Low Risk Country. I'd expect you to know that?

lol I think I can detect a note of sarcasm in your comment ?

Relax man, and you'll be fine and won't need your plan B Why would you even lodge an application with that attitude ? Just take it easy and drive the negative thoughts away.

And I don't think you can blame DIAC for favoring british applicants because quite honestly, they believe Brits can fit into and adopt Australian way of life much quicker. All I'm saying is that DIAC should have a more transparent system and applicants have the right to know whats going on.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Ahmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really nice

Let them favor whoever they want to favor. Personaly, I believe the good relations between OZ and UK government can be a satisfactory reason for favoring brits, if that was the case really. It is enough that they have access to medical services through the reciprocal agreements.

I applied in August 2008, and I can't even make the move before October 2009. So I am in no hurry myself.

To romeosd, what country are you citizen of? if immigration is Plan B for you, then your country must be great. I live in Saudi, but I am not a Saudi national, Saudis are so happy, they never consider permanent migration. For me, migration is plan A, the only plan actually, and if it didn't happen (god forbid), I would be lost.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

RobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the rough

Hi folks

I'm British UK based and e-lodged my application for a 176 on 15th April 2008, still no case officer, this is listed on beupdate so I don't think your research has been careful enough to come to the conclusion that you have.

However, you may still be correct as many people have suggested in the past that not only are native engish speakers apparently favoured but the UK in particular typically seems to have shorter processing times.

If true, then I think its a brilliant idea as it would favour our application and speed up our processing. It doesn't seem to have helped much so far though.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RobertC
I'm British UK based and e-lodged my application for a 176 on 15th April 2008, still no case officer, this is listed on beupdate so I don't think your research has been careful enough to come to the conclusion that you have.
The gentleman is talking about the rule, your case is an exception, you can count how many Brtisih's posts with same case like yours compared to those who got the approval.

Dear Ahmadj,

For plan B, you didn't get me buddy , read fifty_pence reply to me

lol I think I can detect a note of sarcasm in your comment ?
But as per what you are saying, I need to advise if you allow me, we can not gurantee anything in the future 100%, it is our fate, we can only try and trny but this doesn't mean it will come for sure. So I believe if immigration is not an option you would find something else.

I know what you are talking about exactly and I know people here who are living very luxury life because their country has a pretty good economy with large number of job opportunities and very good packages, FREE OF TAXES .

But you know they are suffering for other social related issues.Anyway pray and keep your fingers crossed and if this immigration is good for you it will come

Romeo
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

ozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really nice

Originally Posted by romeosd
I have a friend of mine who is german and didn't live anywhere except germany - Frankfurt. He is waiting now for 13 months, but you know may be it is individual case, this is what I told him, but he said to me this is the common timeline for Germans as per a german forum he is a member of.

But you know, we don't want to keep in our mind this fancy thing called racist as may be Germany is HR country, or may be there are a lot of false applicants from this country, or may be they don't have the technology required to do the fast checks.

Better keep those things away from your mind, forget about immigration and keep it as your plan B, if you get it fine, if not you will loose nothing more than the fees you spent and sometime as well

Good Luck for all
Romeo

Hallo Hallo,

I am also from that suspect country called Germany, but as I always felt as high risk of becoming overly efficient, organized and robotic I left years ago to marry a Brit!
To be fair though, Australia and Great Britain obviously have a ' special ' relationship, at least in the past, so who can blame the government for putting an old relative first.

We are applying from Ireland, that still puts as ahead of continental Europeans, I suspect. But anyhow, there may be changes in the future when
certain professions are given priority rather than nationality.

So the wait goes on..and on...at least time seems to fly by...( or maybe its age)

Enjoy your possibly last Christmas in cold weather and make the most of cosy nights in by the fireplace.

Mrs Ozbaz
Old Dec 8th 2008, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ozbaz
Hallo Hallo,

I am also from that suspect country called Germany, but as I always felt as high risk of becoming overly efficient, organized and robotic I left years ago to marry a Brit!
To be fair though, Australia and Great Britain obviously have a ' special ' relationship, at least in the past, so who can blame the government for putting an old relative first.

We are applying from Ireland, that still puts as ahead of continental Europeans, I suspect. But anyhow, there may be changes in the future when
certain professions are given priority rather than nationality.

So the wait goes on..and on...at least time seems to fly by...( or maybe its age)

Enjoy your possibly last Christmas in cold weather and make the most of cosy nights in by the fireplace.

Mrs Ozbaz
The miracle happened at the end, a witness from LR country confirmed your conclusion fifty_pence, I believe she doesn't have the fancy called racist in her mind as others attacking when we discuss this fact.

Romeo

Last edited by romeosd; Dec 8th 2008 at 10:35 am.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 2:23 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

perhaps the UK authorities have fast turnaround when they respond to security check requests from DIAC.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 4:32 pm
His Excellency

Originally Posted by commonwealth
perhaps the UK authorities have fast turnaround when they respond to security check requests from DIAC.
perhaps you should've been more attentive when u read my post, before replying ?

I don't think it was too hard to understand what I meant but I'll just Quote myself again.

'PS: I'm just talking about 'case officers' knowing that verification for HR countries takes MUCH LONGER'

You've already expressed your concerns about the time taken to verify the accuracy of applicants from HR countries, in other threads.

However, I am not even talking about security checks, I'm talking about 'case officers'. Surely the time taken to allocte case officers should be the same for ALL applicants, regardless of their nationality.

I really don't see how DIAC can start their verification process without the PCC's ? That has to be the most important check because a dodgy PCC would almost certainly result in Visa being Rejected.

The fact that DIAC only require PCC's after a case officer is assigned, should be enough proof to establish that verification process only starts after a case officer is assigned.

So why would it take longer for DIAC to assign case officers to High Risk, or European applicants?? Make sense??

Last edited by fifty_pence; Dec 9th 2008 at 4:34 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

perhaps you should've been more attentive when u read my post, before replying ?

I don't think it was too hard to understand what I meant but I'll just Quote myself again.

'PS: I'm just talking about 'case officers' knowing that verification for HR countries takes MUCH LONGER'

You've already expressed your concerns about the time taken to verify the accuracy of applicants from HR countries, in other threads.

However, I am not even talking about security checks, I'm talking about 'case officers'. Surely the time taken to allocte case officers should be the same for ALL applicants, regardless of their nationality.

I really don't see how DIAC can start their verification process without the PCC's ? That has to be the most important check because a dodgy PCC would almost certainly result in Visa being Rejected.

The fact that DIAC only require PCC's after a case officer is assigned, should be enough proof to establish that verification process only starts after a case officer is assigned.

So why would it take longer for DIAC to assign case officers to High Risk, or European applicants?? Make sense??
Well said fifty_pence

Romeo
Old Dec 9th 2008, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Perhaps you should be more attentive when replying!!

Your posts, whether intentionally or not, come across as being patronizing and aggressive. The vast majority of people using this forum are British and don't care how long it takes European applications to be assigned Case Officers. You will not drum up much support by offending people that try to answer your original post!!

(I have had my visa for 6 months so I certainly don't care!)
Old Dec 10th 2008, 12:11 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

duh, if security checks are faster, COs have faster turnaround times as well. therefore CO allocation is faster. remember it's done on a per-region basis.

well i don't care about your ranting anyway, esp. with your remarks on possible discrimination, because it's not me who's suffering from the sourgraping hard feelings LOL.

if you have problems about CO allocation then ask DIAC for an explanation (why don't you send them an email - they have a complaints & suggestions feature on their site). otherwise you can rant as much as you want but that won't change anything. all bark no bite.

Last edited by commonwealth; Dec 10th 2008 at 12:18 am.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 3:57 pm
Daffyd Duck

Originally Posted by Steve G
Perhaps you should be more attentive when replying!!

Your posts, whether intentionally or not, come across as being patronizing and aggressive. The vast majority of people using this forum are British and don't care how long it takes European applications to be assigned Case Officers. You will not drum up much support by offending people that try to answer your original post!!

(I have had my visa for 6 months so I certainly don't care!)
fifty_pence's post is useless to say the least. people come to this site to obtain/offer relevant advice, and here comes someone who's trying to incite hard feelings and sourgraping without a practical outcome. DIAC's service standards and expected processing times are posted on their website and applicants should therefore manage their expectations accordingly.

perhaps s/he'd like to start a thread for indians versus rest of south asia? or maybe india vs rest of the third world? or something as divisive as that?

fifty_pence's divisive and condescending attitude does not help at all and s/he only wants to make people feel as bad as s/he does (being apparently someone who's desperate to migrate) and even suggests discrimination - people with such attitude are not needed in Australia and I will not feel sorry at all for him/her if s/he does not get the visa.

Last edited by commonwealth; Dec 10th 2008 at 4:11 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 3:18 pm
His Excellency

fifty_pence's post is useless to say the least. people come to this site to obtain/offer relevant advice, and here comes someone who's trying to incite hard feelings and sourgraping without a practical outcome
lol however did I manage to do that ? Unless you consider expressing your concerns as an attempt to 'Incite hard feelings', I can't see how I'm inciting hard feelings? What exactly did I say that amounts to 'inciting hard feelings'. In fact, referring to my post as 'useless', seems like an attempt to incite hard feelings on your part.

DIAC's service standards and expected processing times are posted on their website and applicants should therefore manage their expectations accordingly.
Agreed. But isn't that exactly what we're debating here? For DIAC to NOT live up to the expected standards and taking much longer then they say ? For people from other Low Risk countries like Germany, to have to wait almost an year before they are even allocated a case officer ? Britain and Germany, both being low risk countries, should be treated equally, but its quite OBVIOUS that they are not..

Seriously mate, did you find my post too hard to understand?

And like I said in my earlier post, I do not mind waiting at all as long as I have an idea of how long a wait would it be ?

perhaps s/he'd like to start a thread for indians versus rest of south asia? or maybe india vs rest of the third world? or something as divisive as that?
Okay seriously, whatever does that mean? Perhaps you'll want to keep your suggestions to yourself because quite frankly, they are useless, to say the least. Thanks

fifty_pence's divisive and condescending attitude does not help at all and s/he only wants to make people feel as bad as s/he does (being apparently someone who's desperate to migrate) and even suggests discrimination
Let's measure my desperation the only way we can on the internet,,, I've been on this forum since May2008, TWO months longer than you... and you already have more then twice the number of posts as me! APPARENTLY you spend a lot more time on these boards then I do. I'll leave it to everyone else to decide if I am any more desperate to migrate then YOU are ?

I never suggested 'discrimination' , but what I do suggest is for you to kindly READ the post before responding. I clearly said, and I quote '
And while you can't accuse them of being 'racist' or 'discrimenatory' because they fast-track british applicants, you can certainly expect them to be a bit open about their policies so people have a better idea about what they can or can not expect
And Lastly
people with such attitude are not needed in Australia and I will not feel sorry at all for him/her if s/he does not get the visa.
Lets leave it to DIAC to establish who is needed in Australia, and who isn't. shall we ?

Last edited by fifty_pence; Dec 11th 2008 at 3:21 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.