Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Entry/possible entry extension and Education

Entry/possible entry extension and Education

Old Sep 15th 2009, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Entry/possible entry extension and Education

Here Goes!

We were granted a 137 visa back in Feb initially entered in June and have until Feb 2014 to go....

My son has just started High school and this date of 2014 will be his final year (old money 5th year) with exams ect in the May/June. This date is after the date of final entry so my question is this;

Can the deadline be extended if say I went before the date and he followed on either with mum or alone or do we have to start all over again?

Option 2 is to go sooner perhaps after year 9 (in his school GCSE's are taken early as its an old style scolarship school). This would give him qualifications in uk money but my 2nd question is would this mess him up for the final 2 years in an Australian school as he wouldnt be used to a new syllabus ?

I want more than anything to move to Perth but this education dilemma is a tricky one any advice on education would be appreciated especially if you are a teacher who has made the move
Old Sep 15th 2009, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Entry/possible entry extension and Education

Silly question maybe but why not go now (soon) when he can do all (most) of high school in Aus?