Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ENS Visa (121/856) (Part 3....Dec 2010 onwards)

ENS Visa (121/856) (Part 3....Dec 2010 onwards)

Old Jan 11th 2011, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

boulam51 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ENS Visa (121/856) Current Timescales (Part 2.....)

Originally Posted by iNBETWEENER
Thanks guys - will do. I thought i was just being ridiculously paranoid! Will call in the morning.... fingers crossed as ever .
Any luck mate?
Old Jan 11th 2011, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

aaina is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all,
24 weeks now. nothing heard. Come on melbourne, come on.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

iNBETWEENER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by boulam51
Any luck mate?
Hello! No, unfortunately, and unsurprisingly, i didn't just accidently delete the email

But the very nice lad in Melbourne office i just spoke to said that everything looked fine with my application, that there were problems in Parramatta (blah de blah) but that he was going to put in a request for a Parra processing officer to give me a call and let me know exactly where I am. Should be within the next 2 days.

Gonna re-cross my fingers!

Karen
Old Jan 13th 2011, 5:29 am
Just Joined

kevpreston is on a distinguished road

Good Luck to everyone making progress on there applications, sorry to hear about your medicals Rick, i'm sure you can get it sorted, can you get insurance in place that covers you medically, after all they just want to make sure the people they are granting visa's to aren't going to drain QH resources right.

Sit tight everyone waiting, just think of Fluffy and some of the other peeps who had been waiting 7-8-9 months.

After 5 months i got proactive and contacted global feedback complaining about the timeframe and apparent inconsitency of the order that applications are processed. In my opinion there is no point contacting the global feedback as it won't really do you any good.

Ultimately the letter from the assistant director said that they've had a huge amount of applications and more visa applications then they've had places and some applications have taken longer to allocate causing delays.

They also setup the DRC to speed up processing some applications and also immediately allocate what they see low risk applications (which i guess could explain those that get them alot quicker) other then the above they go in order that they where lodged.

The letter said they are processing applications submitted early Jan and based on my submission date 21st July estimate my case should be allocated in the next 4 weeks.

I did complain back about the unfairness of the new DRC fast tracking new applications when we've been waiting months and there was a long winded explanation why they did this, in short there's nothing we can do to change that.

So in my opinion: It's taking 6 months to allocate applications to a case officer unless your a high priority (Doctor, Nurse), get lucky and get it picked up as a low risk or have it certified Decision ready. No matter how many times you call, or contact IMMI it's not going to speed things up. The best thing you can do is sit tight and be patient, i know we all wanted are PR yesterday but unfortunately we're all in the same boat and have to be patient
Good luck to everyone.

If you have facebook search this group in the search box "
856/121 PR Visa's - Where are they now. (Pomsinoz & British Expats)" we can keep in touch when we're all PR'd up
Old Jan 14th 2011, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise depending which side of the house you stand
yellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to all

we applied in June 2010 and are still waiting, we have called Parra today and they have said that all applications are now taking longer than 7 months to process.

Good luck everyone,

Keep positive it will happen eventually!
Old Jan 14th 2011, 12:30 am
Just Joined

kevpreston is on a distinguished road

When you call up some say 5 months, i've even had one say it takes up to a year.

Ultimately unless your lucky and get picked up early (low risk, in demand profession or DRC) don't expect it to happen less then 6 months

Originally Posted by yellowmellow
we applied in June 2010 and are still waiting, we have called Parra today and they have said that all applications are now taking longer than 7 months to process.

Good luck everyone,

Keep positive it will happen eventually!
Old Jan 14th 2011, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise depending which side of the house you stand
yellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kevpreston
When you call up some say 5 months, i've even had one say it takes up to a year.

Ultimately unless your lucky and get picked up early (low risk, in demand profession or DRC) don't expect it to happen less then 6 months
i hope ours doesn't take the 12 months mark, lol its nearly been 7 months now.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Ima Brit get me outa here is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yellowmellow
i hope ours doesn't take the 12 months mark, lol its nearly been 7 months now.
We lodged a 121 nomination only at the begining of July and have heard nothing! Its frustrating when you have a job to go to but no visa. Just hope my employer still wants to employ me when/if we ever get a visa.
Old Jan 15th 2011, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

lama15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello! No, unfortunately, and unsurprisingly, i didn't just accidently delete the email

But the very nice lad in Melbourne office i just spoke to said that everything looked fine with my application, that there were problems in Parramatta (blah de blah) but that he was going to put in a request for a Parra processing officer to give me a call and let me know exactly where I am. Should be within the next 2 days.

Gonna re-cross my fingers!

Karen

Hi, I am looking for any "working phone number" to Melbourne office as I need to get a copy of the nomination for RSMS for my MA. Unfortunately my sponsor did not keep a copy. He called them few times but no answer. My nomination goes to week 19 without any response. Need to get somebody on phone not the answers machine talk. Any tips? Thank you
Lama
Old Jan 15th 2011, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

Hi Lama - no number i'm afraid - it was just generic number and I happened to be pu through to Melbourne.

As promised someone from Parramatta called me back. They told me that they were currebtly processing applications from the 30 June, and that they were hoping to move onto July by the end of next week, when they would then continue to be processed in the order in which they were recieved.

Hmmmm. I pointed out that my colleague, who applied almost 2 months after me for the same visa, got his a month ago, so they weren't doing it in date order. She said she didn't know anything about that.

I sighed, said thank you and hung up. My concern is that i was told about 2 months that they were doing June applications! So it could still be another 2 months to get through the Julys (of which I am one).

For reasons i won't bore you with here, i'm not sure i can wait that long. This is killing me....

Sigh.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

boulam51 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lama - no number i'm afraid - it was just generic number and I happened to be pu through to Melbourne.

As promised someone from Parramatta called me back. They told me that they were currebtly processing applications from the 30 June, and that they were hoping to move onto July by the end of next week, when they would then continue to be processed in the order in which they were recieved.

Hmmmm. I pointed out that my colleague, who applied almost 2 months after me for the same visa, got his a month ago, so they weren't doing it in date order. She said she didn't know anything about that.

I sighed, said thank you and hung up. My concern is that i was told about 2 months that they were doing June applications! So it could still be another 2 months to get through the Julys (of which I am one).

For reasons i won't bore you with here, i'm not sure i can wait that long. This is killing me....

Sigh.
They are processing somewhere around end of June / early July at the moment. The answer will change every time we ask them depending who answer, so we better not take anything they say as an absolute truth but more of an 'indication'. FYI, I received the email below dated January 7th...

Dear Mr XXXXX,

We are currently allocating for the month of July 2010 application.

Regards,

Rowena
Communications Team
Permanent Employer Sponsored Entry (NSW, QLD, ACT)
Parramatta Centre of Excellence
Old Jan 16th 2011, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by boulam51
They are processing somewhere around end of June / early July at the moment. The answer will change every time we ask them depending who answer, so we better not take anything they say as an absolute truth but more of an 'indication'. FYI, I received the email below dated January 7th...

Dear Mr XXXXX,

We are currently allocating for the month of July 2010 application.

Regards,

Rowena
Communications Team
Permanent Employer Sponsored Entry (NSW, QLD, ACT)
Parramatta Centre of Excellence
My fingers have been crossed so long i think they're becoming arthritic! Need to stop obesessing over it!
Old Jan 16th 2011, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

My fingers have been crossed so long i think they're becoming arthritic! Need to stop obesessing over it!
lol, Its hard not to become obsessed!

Know how you feel, thought waiting for the 457 was bad enough.....hurry up please, cant take much more waiting......I'm not a very patient person to begin with.......

Fingers crossed for you all, would be a very nice way to start the new year.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

oz_monster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kevpreston

Hi kevpreston.

Yeah, I think DIAC do not process 856/121 applic in date order. I reckon they have an internal criterias in which they identify which application will be processed first. That's what me and my co-worker (who submitted his 856-DRC) thought that maybe upon receipt of application, they segregate it them automatically which will be processed first and put the rest in queue.

Sad to say, they kept on saying that applications are processed through date submitted to show everyone of us that they do not prioritise anyone. In my case before, I was advised by my RMA and DIAc that they are processing June applications and the following week I got my PR.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Rangerider33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine must be nearly at the top of the pile now! It's been 7 months in a few days!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.