Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ENS Visa (121/856) (Part 3....Dec 2010 onwards)

ENS Visa (121/856) (Part 3....Dec 2010 onwards)

Old Feb 20th 2011, 5:51 am
Just Joined

Jenx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ENS Visa (121/856) (Part 3....Dec 2010 onwards)

Originally Posted by zmdia
Guys im over the moon

Guess what!!! Yes it's true... I finally got my golden ticket. Just can't believe it. It all happened on Friday, when I checked my email and was an email from immigration...my heart started to beat very fast and all I thought was that this might only be Nomination approval, but I was wrong. It was the golden ticket!!. My employer sent me the nomination approval later in the day and he had only got it an hour before I got the P.R. wow!!!

For the record, my employer lodged my nomination application on August 3, 2010. I submitted my P.R. application (part-2) just before Christmas and now both approved on the same day, just 1 hour apart from each other. I had heard people saying that they will be treated as seperate applications but obviously that may not be true anymore.

One more interesting fact - The approving visa office is Brisbane, whereas the application was lodged in Paramatta...seems like I was lucky to have mine transferred to Bris-Vegas.

Anyways I have been partying all night...had lots to drink..only just got up, so thought I will share the good news with all my friends here. Thanks for all the support I have got from you guys..best of luck..your day is not too far away.
Congrats mate!!
Old Feb 21st 2011, 2:32 am
Just Joined

dreamz is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: ENS Visa (121/856) (Part 3....Dec 2010 onwards)

congrats mate
Old Feb 21st 2011, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

zmdia is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys, the big question now is what I asked before as well...can I leave my job ??

This is what I posted before

---------------
Ok guys, I can't seem to find this in the forum but a while ago there was a discussion between a few members, whereby it was discussed whether immigration has the right to cancel your VISA.
I have done some research on this and looked into the declaration I made at the end of FORM 47ES. I paste the below here for those of us who have forgotten.

-----------------------------------------
•I understand that if I apply under the RSMS, my visa may be cancelled
if I do not commence employment with my nominated employer within
6 months of arriving in Australia, or 6 months after my visa is granted
in Australia, or if I leave my position within 2 years of commencement
of my employment with my nominated employer.
• I understand that if I am applying under ENS then I am agreeing to
take up the position for at least 3 years.

My analysis of the above is that RSMS holders must under all circumstances stay in their job for 2 years even if they are being treated like shit by their employer.
On the other hand, ENS guys can leave if and only if their employer is treating them like SHIT or a similar situation .
I mean Immigration will find it hard to prove the cause for the employee leaving even if the employer decides to make a FORMAL COMPLAINT.
What do you guys say ??? I definitely dont wanna stay with my employer for 3 years
Please discuss this issue.
----------------------------------------------------------
Old Feb 21st 2011, 7:08 am
Just Joined

aaina is an unknown quantity at this point

hello All,
here is some good new. my nomination got approved on Friday. and that was the first time I heard from my CO. He asked few docs from me on friday and emailed him same day. my visa was about to final today but at last neck of time he asked to get new medical as it has expired . He couldnt extend it.

I have a little doubt. last time, they doubted that i had TB. but after further test, nothing was found. So this time again, do i have to go from that phase once again ???

Please help. . . i am stressed out.

Last edited by aaina; Feb 21st 2011 at 7:17 am.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by aaina
hello All,
here is some good new. my nomination got approved on Friday. and that was the first time I heard from my CO. He asked few docs from me on friday and emailed him same day. my visa was about to final today but at last neck of time he asked to get new medical as it has expired . He couldnt extend it.

I have a little doubt. last time, they doubted that i had TB. but after further test, nothing was found. So this time again, do i have to go from that phase once again ???

Please help. . . i am stressed out.
Aaina,

I cannot see you in our list https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...EE&hl=en#gid=0. Can you please add here, when your nomination was lodged etc.

Medicals are valid for one year as far as I know and Part-2 approval usually takes 7 months(unless yours took 12 months or more), so I am a bit confused as to why your CO will ask you to RE-SIT them. Only reason I can think would be that the results for TB were not 100% negative.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 7:46 am
Just Joined

aaina is an unknown quantity at this point

Aaina,

I cannot see you in our list https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...EE&hl=en#gid=0. Can you please add here, when your nomination was lodged etc.

Medicals are valid for one year as far as I know and Part-2 approval usually takes 7 months(unless yours took 12 months or more), so I am a bit confused as to why your CO will ask you to RE-SIT them. Only reason I can think would be that the results for TB were not 100% negative.
Hi Zmdia,

Thanx for your quick reply. link you have send is not working. I filed my nomination and application on 28 july 2010 and nomination got approved friday. Trade : Graphic Designer. Trade Assessment got done in Aug 2007.
I am thinking the same as you did. could be coz of TB. but its not in my body atall and i have got many tests done. all of them were -ve.
lets c. fingers
Old Feb 21st 2011, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by aaina
Hi Zmdia,

Thanx for your quick reply. link you have send is not working. I filed my nomination and application on 28 july 2010 and nomination got approved friday. Trade : Graphic Designer. Trade Assessment got done in Aug 2007.
I am thinking the same as you did. could be coz of TB. but its not in my body atall and i have got many tests done. all of them were -ve.
lets c. fingers

Spreadsheet Link again - https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...EE&hl=en#gid=0

Re: Medicals
Read this - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/ and http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/heal...e-medicals.pdf
See the bottom.
------------------------------------------------------
* Most medicals are valid for 12 months. Some are, however, only valid for 6 months. Your case officer can provide you with further advice.
** ‘Permanent Medicals’ = medical examination (form 26), chest x-ray (form 160) and a HIV test
*** A local clearance is where a decision was made by your case officer that you met the health requirement and your case was not referred to a
Medical Officer of the Commonwealth (MOC).
# If the applicant has spent more than 3 months in a higher risk country for Tuberculosis (TB) – they WILL be required to complete a new X-ray UNLESS
they are a Partner visa holder. Information about country risk levels for TB is available on Form 1163i Health requirement for temporary entry to
Australia.
See: www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1163i.pdf
--------------------------------------------------------------
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Guys, can we please discuss this issue below.....im looking forward to hear from all who have left their workplace after getting the ENS visa..what excuses you made etc.

---------------
Ok guys, I can't seem to find this in the forum but a while ago there was a discussion between a few members, whereby it was discussed whether immigration has the right to cancel your VISA.
I have done some research on this and looked into the declaration I made at the end of FORM 47ES. I paste the below here for those of us who have forgotten.

•I understand that if I apply under the RSMS, my visa may be cancelled
if I do not commence employment with my nominated employer within
6 months of arriving in Australia, or 6 months after my visa is granted
in Australia, or if I leave my position within 2 years of commencement
of my employment with my nominated employer.
• I understand that if I am applying under ENS then I am agreeing to
take up the position for at least 3 years.

My analysis of the above is that RSMS holders must under all circumstances stay in their job for 2 years even if they are being treated like shit by their employer.
On the other hand, ENS guys can leave if and only if their employer is treating them like SHIT or a similar situation .
I mean Immigration will find it hard to prove the cause for the employee leaving even if the employer decides to make a FORMAL COMPLAINT.
What do you guys say ??? I definitely dont wanna stay with my employer for 3 years
Please discuss this issue.
----------------------------------------------------------
Old Feb 25th 2011, 5:40 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: ENS Visa (121/856) (Part 3....Dec 2010 onwards)

hello Everybody

After three plus years of struggle and long paper work i got my residency today
morning....thanks for all you in helping me to keep sanity during the long wait and struggle....All the best to those waiting on their application...

thanks again and i am off to celebrate in true Aussie style...beer and barbecue

Regards,
Arun
Old Feb 25th 2011, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dreamz
hello Everybody

After three plus years of struggle and long paper work i got my residency today
morning....thanks for all you in helping me to keep sanity during the long wait and struggle....All the best to those waiting on their application...

thanks again and i am off to celebrate in true Aussie style...beer and barbecue

Regards,
Arun
Congrats Arun,

I am glad you got it mate
What's next??
Old Feb 25th 2011, 6:36 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: ENS Visa (121/856) (Part 3....Dec 2010 onwards)

Congrats Arun,

I am glad you got it mate
What's next??
thanks mate

a better job...one that pays me standard Aussie wages ...so sick of been on 457 visa for the last few years and getting treated like crap
Old Feb 25th 2011, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dreamz
thanks mate

a better job...one that pays me standard Aussie wages ...so sick of been on 457 visa for the last few years and getting treated like crap
Thats what I wanna do man, but the immigration says that if your employer complains your PR can be cancelled. Aren't you worried?

What if your employer complains?
Any ideas on how to quit ?
Old Feb 26th 2011, 7:27 am
Just Joined

Yeeeeaaaahhhhh!!! Woke up yesterday AM to the news.... GOLDEN TICKET approval!!

Well, the story is long, the wait as long. Not gonna bore you all with the detail. I'm just so over-the-moon at the moment, so that'll do!

Good luck to you all... it's definately worth the wait! Hang in there and yours will be golden too!

Take care and keep pulling that universe... it works! 149 days and it's all over in a flash!!
Old Feb 26th 2011, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jenx
Yeeeeaaaahhhhh!!! Woke up yesterday AM to the news.... GOLDEN TICKET approval!!

Well, the story is long, the wait as long. Not gonna bore you all with the detail. I'm just so over-the-moon at the moment, so that'll do!

Good luck to you all... it's definately worth the wait! Hang in there and yours will be golden too!

Take care and keep pulling that universe... it works! 149 days and it's all over in a flash!!
Congrat's man..whats your plan now??
Do you leave your job as well like the other..lol??
I am desperate for advice
But hey well done
Old Feb 26th 2011, 7:50 am
Just Joined

Thanks m8! I'm on a 121, so will leave my job on this side of the waters...

I will stay with my employer in our new home, so not able to comment on your situation...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.