ENS - Spouse IELTS result

Old Sep 15th 2009, 2:26 am
Just Joined

pmprabhu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ENS - Spouse IELTS result

Hello all,

Need your help to clarify my concerns.

My company is applying PR to my family through ENS, I was asked by the PR consultant (agency) to provide the IELTS result for my wife 4.5 in all modules and for me 5 in all modules,I don't have any problem for me to score this but worrying about my wife who is a home maker for last 10 years, in case if she is unable to make 4.5 what is the workaround ? can we use her 3 yrs Bachelor degree certificate or need to pay any extra money to Immigration or she needs to sit in the exam until she get the required score , we don't want to wait and sit for more times to get the result because having fear of allocated fund for this PR application will be gone if don't use that for certain times (as per company policy)

We came to Australia on 457 Visa and stayed here for almost 1 year.

Agents also mentioning that once all the paper is ready they could able to file the application for me. Can we apply now and later attach the IELTS result since I have completed all the papers already except the IELTS

Regards,
Prabhu.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

Mayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really nice
Default Re: ENS - Spouse IELTS result

Originally Posted by pmprabhu
Hello all,

My company is applying PR to my family through ENS, I was asked by the PR consultant (agency) to provide the IELTS result for my wife 4.5 in all modules and for me 5 in all modules,I don't have any problem for me to score this but worrying about my wife who is a home maker for last 10 years, in case if she is unable to make 4.5 what is the workaround ? can we use her 3 yrs Bachelor degree certificate or need to pay any extra money to Immigration or she needs to sit in the exam until she get the required score , we don't want to wait and sit for more times to get the result because having fear of allocated fund for this PR application will be gone if don't use that for certain times (as per company policy)

Agents also mentioning that once all the paper is ready they could able to file the application for me. Can we apply now and later attach the IELTS result since I have completed all the papers already except the IELTS

Regards,
Prabhu.

Hi Prabhu,
Please go through the following link at page 23(although it is for RSMS,i hope Functionals Level is Generic).

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1131.pdf

your wife needs functional level of English and how the functional level is considered is also mentioned.

I guess if you have evidence that your wife hold a degree that required at least 2 years of full-time study or training and all instructions for that
award (including instruction received in other courses for which the applicant was allowed credit) was conducted in English should be a substitute to IELTS.

If your employer has already hired an agent i guess he might be aware of these things.Or else we both are missing some thing in common?!!

Cheers....
Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:26 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pmprabhu
Hello all,

Regards,
Prabhu.

Secondary applicant IELTS can always be attached later on, as far as I know, as long as you are not relying on it for points.

There should also be the alternative of paying the second visa application charge (explained in the booklet).
Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:45 am
Just Joined

pmprabhu is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks lot Mayur and Jay.

I think my company engaged agent is not aware of my wife's degree certificate or she wants to have both (IELTS result and degree certificate) , let me check
with her. This is really very useful info.

Prabhu.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 2:14 pm
Banned

CrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really niceCrystalBall is just really nice

Functional English Requirement...

You must provide one of the following:

•your IELTS TRF Number to show you have a band score of at least four and a half (4.5) based on all four components.
Important: If you are using an IELTS test to show functional English, it must be from a test sat no more than 12 months before making your application.
•evidence that you have a degree, diploma or trade qualification requiring at least two (2) years of full time study or training with all instruction conducted in English
•evidence that you have completed at least one (1) year of full time study in Australia towards a degree or diploma qualification with all instruction conducted in English
•evidence that you have completed one of the following at an educational institution where all instruction was conducted in English:
◦your primary education and at least three (3) years of secondary education, or
◦at least five (5) years of secondary education.