Engineers Australia Skills assessment

Old Jan 24th 2015, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

usmanali is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Engineers Australia Skills assessment

Hi all,

I am going to apply for skill assessment, and have some queries. Anybody who have information related to the following question please answer me:

I have 5 years job experience in which 1 year service was based in Oman. Upon my resignation, that company gave me the experience letter, but it is not in the required format i.e. it does not fully mentions the role of my job. Moreover, I do not have any salary slips although I was a full time contractual employee. As I am now in Pakistan and five years had past since I left that company, there is no chance to produce salary slips and tax deduction documents. Can I still claim that job experience in Engineers Australia's skill assessment?

Regards
Usman
Old Jan 25th 2015, 1:42 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Engineers Australia Skills assessment

Are you wanting to use the time in Oman as a career episode, or are you wanting Engineers Australia to certify it as 1 year of engineering experience?

If it is for a career episode, then it might be possible, this is what it says in the part about preparing your CDR:
SECTION D
Skilled Employment
If in your CV/ Resume you claim engineering work experience
of 12 months or more, you must provide documentary
evidence of employment. (Provide the original language
document as well as the English translation)
The documentary evidence for standard assessment is to
include; company letterhead (including name and location
details), date of document, name and status of author, dates
and duration of employment, title of position
occupied.

If you are wanting the additional services of "Relevant Skilled Employment" I can tell you from experience if you do not have 5 duties listed on your letter it will not be counted (I had letters with only 3 or 4 job duties that were rejected).

I didn't have to supply pay slips or tax things to Engineers Australia, that was provided to my case officer with DIBP (then DIAC)
Old Jan 25th 2015, 10:38 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply dear

On my experience letter (employment in Oman) my job duties are not mentioned in points, but only written as "he was involved in several telecom projects in Oman".

What do you suggest that I should do? include it in career episode or not?
and kindly also explain the phrase " additional services of Relevant Skilled Employment"

Thanks
Old Jan 26th 2015, 2:21 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by usmanali
Thanks for your reply dear

On my experience letter (employment in Oman) my job duties are not mentioned in points, but only written as "he was involved in several telecom projects in Oman".

What do you suggest that I should do? include it in career episode or not?
and kindly also explain the phrase " additional services of Relevant Skilled Employment"

Thanks
Just for your info if you do move to Australia, referring to women that you aren't related to as 'dear' is frowned upon. It isn't courteous, it's patronizing.

Anyway, I didn't write a CDR (Washington Accord pathway), but if you have something career episode worthy to write about then I don't see why you can't include it. It is up to you to show how you applied the principles of engineering in your work experience.

The second part refers to an additional service that Engineers Australia offers, where they comment on whether the work you did was skilled or not. I have reservations about using this, for me I found it a waste of $$, but for others it may be worthwhile to look into. However the point is moot since you don't have a letter from the company listing 5 job duties.
Old Jan 26th 2015, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Engineers Australia Skills assessment

Thanks for the reply and my apologies for using that "word"...
Old Jan 28th 2015, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

Smile Skills Assessment

Hi,

I am having some difficulties in writing CDR. I am writing for Telecom Engineer. Can anyone, who has approved his CDR as a Telecom/electronics engineer, send me his CDR?

I would highly appreciate.

Thanks
Old Jan 28th 2015, 6:00 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skills Assessment

Hi,

I am having some difficulties in writing CDR. I am writing for Telecom Engineer. Can anyone, who has approved his CDR as a Telecom/electronics engineer, send me his CDR?

I would highly appreciate.

Thanks
The CDR should reflect your own work and not someone elses. EA provide guidance on the CDR. Do not ask for other peoples work - it sounds like you are trying to commit fraud!
Old Jan 29th 2015, 12:27 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skills Assessment

Hi,

I agree with post #7

My suggestion to you is not to ask people to give you the quick fix answers on this forum

BTW, if you are an Engineer you must know what Engineering is specific to your field of discipline to reflect the Telecom Engineer experience, no cheating or copying other peoples job descriptions, otherwise you will likely get found out, reported or get caught & that wouldn't be something in your favour

Can you imagine if someone from Engineers Australia was reading this thread

Last edited by not2old; Jan 29th 2015 at 12:30 am.
Old Jan 29th 2015, 4:52 am
Just Joined

I just wanted to know the paragraph structuring and format. I have downloaded the guide from EA website and trying to follow it.

Thanks for guiding me.