Puzzled about the skill that suits me....

Old Jan 28th 2015, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Razaullah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Puzzled about the skill that suits me....

Dear Forum members,

My name is Raza. Am from Pakistan. I acquired my BSc(Hons)(16 years of Education) in Economics back in 2010. Then i started working in the development/NGO sector. Along with with my job, i completed my MS in Economics last year. In total i have 5 years of NGO experience but i am confused about the skill that i should go for while applying for independent 189 visa. Please guide me for the skill that i should select or mention while submitting my EOI. Furthermore, my 7 Bands of IELTS also expired last year, but that is not an issue. I believe i can achieve much better band this time. My age is 27 Years and 3 months.
Looking forward to your sincere and in depth analysis of my case.

Best Regards.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 3:37 pm
Slow & Steady

ekhfaiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Puzzled about the skill that suits me....

Hi Raza,

With the amount of information supplied its hard to make any opinion. Every case is different, even working in NGO doesn't mean anything. You could be an administrator, a social worker/activist or a clerk with financials etc etc.
If you don't know what to do I would say seek some professional help for migration issues.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

Dear ekhfaiz,

thanks for your reply. I didnt get you when you said that i shoul seek some professional help on migration issues.
And relating my job, i had different positions in Different NGOs. Should i send you my CV to know what exactly i was ?
I even dnt know the ABC of migration.

Thanks.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 5:50 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Razaullah
Dear ekhfaiz,

thanks for your reply. I didnt get you when you said that i shoul seek some professional help on migration issues.
And relating my job, i had different positions in Different NGOs. Should i send you my CV to know what exactly i was ?
I even dnt know the ABC of migration.

Thanks.
Have you looked for your occupation on the CSOL? Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List

Not every occupation is in demand though so not everyone is able to apply for a skilled visa.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Have you looked for your occupation on the CSOL? Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List

Not every occupation is in demand though so not everyone is able to apply for a skilled visa.
Yes i have looked for my occupation but i was confused that whether social worker or the Welfare centre manager suits me the best.
Looking at my age, experience and education what do you suggest that i should choose in above two ?
Old Jan 28th 2015, 6:15 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Razaullah
Yes i have looked for my occupation but i was confused that whether social worker or the Welfare centre manager suits me the best.
Looking at my age, experience and education what do you suggest that i should choose in above two ?
I would have no idea what work you do. Have a look at the duties and responsibilities and qualification requirements of both occupations and see if it matches what you do. Personally I would not think that an economic degree would meet the requirements for a social worker but I could be wrong.
Old Jan 29th 2015, 11:55 am
Slow & Steady

ekhfaiz is an unknown quantity at this point

It is difficult for anyone to make any opinion like this. You know best what you do as part of your job. Compare it with the description available for different profiles listed in CSOL/SOL. You'll come to know the requirements as per Australian industry standards i.e. academic, experience etc. This will require good amount of reading and then having a correct understanding of requirements. The best place to start is Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection

I meant migration agents by professional help. But that is a choice one makes based on his need, understanding and maybe financials as well.