Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Employment Verification - Infront of My eyes

Wikiposts

Employment Verification - Infront of My eyes

Old Jul 12th 2009, 3:21 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Employment Verification - Infront of My eyes

looks like u are a kid...someone did not find this place useful and left the forum...what's ur problem? if u feel the same ..please go..no need to sopil the threads...and fight like a kid...

GOOD BYE...

Originally Posted by water man
y cant he answer!
this may the reason y aleruri left the forum..
I am also a professional!
y do u interfere in this matter..
i may be arrogant but straightforward!
Old Jul 12th 2009, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

Pietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nice

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Good..lucky enough for you. For most people, telling your current manager about you immigration is like touching a beehive.

So I hope Aus Immig never asks my manager's reference from me.
I'm in exactly the opposite situation as you, I had a suspicion my immediate superior would not have a problem with my plans to immigrate, so I requested a meeting with him, explained my situation and asked him for a detailed reference letter, (which he had to redo on the edvice of my agent because the first one wasn't detailed enough), and he had no problem with it. (Even though he offered me a substantial raise to stay).

But no-one else in the company knows so I'm worried if DIAC speaks to HR it might come out.

Also, how detailed does DIAC want the verification to be? Can HR just answer "yes he works here in the IT department", which HR can do, or will DIAC want details of duty etc? Because HR is completely IT illiterate, if pushed for details they might say, "oh I don't know, I think he's the e-mail or something", therefore I would prefer DIAC speak to my manager.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pietie
I'm in exactly the opposite situation as you, I had a suspicion my immediate superior would not have a problem with my plans to immigrate, so I requested a meeting with him, explained my situation and asked him for a detailed reference letter, (which he had to redo on the edvice of my agent because the first one wasn't detailed enough), and he had no problem with it. (Even though he offered me a substantial raise to stay).

But no-one else in the company knows so I'm worried if DIAC speaks to HR it might come out.

Also, how detailed does DIAC want the verification to be? Can HR just answer "yes he works here in the IT department", which HR can do, or will DIAC want details of duty etc? Because HR is completely IT illiterate, if pushed for details they might say, "oh I don't know, I think he's the e-mail or something", therefore I would prefer DIAC speak to my manager.
I don't think they necessarily check references for every applicant. If your documents speak enough, if you work for a renowned company, why do they need to check?

Anyone who is nearly there and didn't get his verification done?
Old Jul 12th 2009, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

I don't think they necessarily check references for every applicant. If your documents speak enough, if you work for a renowned company, why do they need to check?

I dont feel my document for recent company didnt speak well it might be true for previous employments for there is no verification done

I shown bank statement ($ account) for every month credit by company cheque, Appoinment order, exp letter, Workpermit copy & Tax statement

And your are true every case and CO is differnt
Old Jul 12th 2009, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

INDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really nice

I don't think they necessarily check references for every applicant. If your documents speak enough, if you work for a renowned company, why do they need to check? We really don't know the exact SOP of DIAC verification process, so we just have to expect the worse.

As far I know, the signer of my reference letter had not received a phone call from DIAC either through landline or mobile phone. HRD had not informed if DIAC has called to verify employment. A CO was allocated to my application around mid-April '09. My company is a multinational and listed in NYSE. I submitted almost all employment evidence required (taxation docs, superannuation, bank account, salary slips docs and detailed reference letter), except for salary slips due to first 8 months of approx. 48 salary slips during period in which I claimed points for work experience in a skilled occupations were missing.

I was requested OZ movement record exactly one month, on 1st June '09, after submission of additional documents (meds, pcc, salary slips, bank statement, super-annuation docs) that were requested by CO in mid-April '09. Although I don't know the exact visa verification process, it is likely that employment verification is carried out within 1 - 2 months (in more cases less) after submission of complete work experience evidence, which in my case was around the 1st week of May '09.

Now, the wait begins for the email grant letter......

Last edited by INDOAUS; Jul 12th 2009 at 5:42 am.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

INDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pietie

Since HR is, in almost all cases, does not fully understand the functions of the other department in the company - perhaps DIAC asked HR for duration of employment and other evidence pertaining to HR department, such as salary slips and others similar documents. In checking our job functions, DIAC would check to person of authority that understands our job functions such as our supervisor, manager, etc. This is just my systematic thinking, it may be wrong - since DIAC has not done employment verification on my visa application.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 6:02 am
Dia , Queen Bee

divsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Employment Verification - Infront of My eyes

Originally Posted by INDOAUS
Since HR is, in almost all cases, does not fully understand the functions of the other department in the company - perhaps DIAC asked HR for duration of employment and other evidence pertaining to HR department, such as salary slips and others similar documents. In checking our job functions, DIAC would check to person of authority that understands our job functions such as our supervisor, manager, etc. This is just my systematic thinking, it may be wrong - since DIAC has not done employment verification on my visa application.
The same scene here too... My HRD dint get any verifications calls from DIAC ... I work with a famous MNC for IT.. , I had sent all the docs( sal slips, tax papers, Ref letters etc)

I guess it depends on the documents we send across and the companies we work for...
Old Jul 12th 2009, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by divsman
The same scene here too... My HRD dint get any verifications calls from DIAC ... I work with a famous MNC for IT.. , I had sent all the docs( sal slips, tax papers, Ref letters etc)

I guess it depends on the documents we send across and the companies we work for...
Congratulations Divsman. Best of luck for the new life down under.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 6:09 am
Dia , Queen Bee

Originally Posted by INDOAUS
Congratulations Divsman. Best of luck for the new life down under.

Hey Tx.. best of luck to u too...
Old Jul 12th 2009, 6:14 am
Dia , Queen Bee

Red face Re: Employment Verification - Infront of My eyes

Also, I feel that the Extremly High skilled professions like IT, doctors( Surgeons), Accountants( working in reputed companies) etc are not generaly verified in deep.
However, not-so-high-skilled professions like teaching, nursing etc are deeply scrutinised by DIAC... I am just guessing... No idea how DIAC verifies the Employment...

Last edited by divsman; Jul 12th 2009 at 6:30 am.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 12:36 pm
Dharmesh

panchaldharmesh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sandy81
Aman .. You are a dare devil, it seems !! I don't even dare to discuss this matter with my immediate supervisor, HR or any other colleagues here otherwise they will kick me out from the lucrative projects where learning is immense !

Me too running with same situation. Document checklist shows that Everything is MET, But whether my verification is over or not thats the
big question.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

water man will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sandy81
Like you said, it is upto him not to answer your post, otherwise I see that he has answered to all other's posts which makes sense ! Don't you think, you need an introspection ? After all you are not a Govt authority and we are not obliged to answer your queries !

with such kind of attitude, I'm sure that no body will even consider your post, it will be considered as a spam !
I will quit N protest
Old Jul 12th 2009, 3:21 pm
June'08 applicant

sandy81 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by water man
I will quit N protest
There is a proverb for these situations in my first language, I am not sure if it exists in English.

"The hare was angry with the mountain, but the mountain was unaware of it"

That means, you are a hare for the BE and they will not care if you protest against them.This is your decision. Anyway, I wish all the best for your visa application.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

milano is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ronan_in_Oz
Nobody can answer this question. Just because Shiva got verified does not mean you will be verified as well.

All I can say is, please don't worry. If you have a clean slate and nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about.

Just make sure that all of your references (even if only one) can still be contacted, and in case DIAC contact someone, he/she is willing to provide all the information you mentioned in your application without any contradictions.

All the best mate...

Ronan
Thanx Ronan for the important advise, I am still working under the same employer from which i got reference letter, my employer does not have any problem regarding my migration to Australia, so i am pretty fine even though I am in wait, my god this waiting is killing me but still positive. Hope whenever my time comes i will get visa.

Cheers!!!!
Old Jul 12th 2009, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

milano is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
Thats true. Might be they dont trust africa that could be the reason for verification. Somebody may not even have verification.

They called second time for land line an hour before and confirmed the same. I am one the one picked the call even it was my luck i was near to the reception- They asked same HR guy
Anyway employment check has been done. It might f/wd from SA - High commission to OZ

Let c how does it goes
Thanx mate!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.