Employment History

Old Jan 17th 2014, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Kilvo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Employment History

Hi everyone,

I'm currently putting together paperwork for my 189 independent skilled Visa, however I'm a bit confused on the Employment side.

I'm a qualified mechanic, but the last 3 work places I was Employed under Limited companies, however I was the sole director of those companies without pay.

Would i be able to submit companies house registration paperwork or would I just write my own reference on behalf of the company for my self? I could even go as far as producing P60 paperwork for each company showing nil earnings?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 7:18 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employment History

Originally Posted by Kilvo
Hi everyone,

I'm currently putting together paperwork for my 189 independent skilled Visa, however I'm a bit confused on the Employment side.

I'm a qualified mechanic, but the last 3 work places I was Employed under Limited companies, however I was the sole director of those companies without pay.

Would i be able to submit companies house registration paperwork or would I just write my own reference on behalf of the company for my self? I could even go as far as producing P60 paperwork for each company showing nil earnings?

Any advice would be appreciated.
I would think you would need references from the people you were subcontracting to. What did you use for your skills assessment?
Old Jan 17th 2014, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Unfortunately there was no subcontracting , I was and still am an MOT Testing station. I don't even have accounts as the companies where closed mostly before they where due, my skills assessment is about to be sent off hence the query, I should have been a bit more specific on my question above.

Steve
Old Jan 18th 2014, 12:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately there was no subcontracting , I was and still am an MOT Testing station. I don't even have accounts as the companies where closed mostly before they where due, my skills assessment is about to be sent off hence the query, I should have been a bit more specific on my question above.

Steve
How about tax returns? I don't think closing a company exempts you from having to prepare tax returns or indeed accounts. Not last time I checked anyway.
Old Jan 18th 2014, 1:57 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Steve
Have you checked with the assessing body as to the proof they require. For motor mechanic, looking at Vetassess they give this - http://www.vetassess.com.au/download...180120140151PM
Old Jan 18th 2014, 7:41 am
Just Joined

I've done a bit more research and it seems I've been worried about nothing, VETASSESS only require 3 years employment with the relevent qualification which is covered under just the one company, all I need to send off is several sales and purchase invoices, proof or directorship and a letter of employment on behalf of the company.

All-though I own the company my legal status in the UK is Employed Director and is always a "Grey" area when filing forms.

Either way VETASSESS paid for now and ill gather the required documentation, then post off early next week, I have my IELTS exam on the 1st of Febuary (punctuation is not my strong point); subject to everything been ok from those, the company sale can go through.

Exciting times.

Steve
Old Jan 18th 2014, 7:54 am

I've done a bit more research and it seems I've been worried about nothing, VETASSESS only require 3 years employment with the relevent qualification which is covered under just the one company, all I need to send off is several sales and purchase invoices, proof or directorship and a letter of employment on behalf of the company.

All-though I own the company my legal status in the UK is Employed Director and is always a "Grey" area when filing forms.

Either way VETASSESS paid for now and ill gather the required documentation, then post off early next week, I have my IELTS exam on the 1st of Febuary (punctuation is not my strong point); subject to everything been ok from those, the company sale can go through.

Exciting times.

Steve
I think you may need more evidence than that - what you are offering is a reference by yourself that you worked as a mechanic and proof that you bought car parts - don't think that is evidence of working as a mechanic.

From page 7 on the link I sent

4. What do I include in my skilled employment, education and training assessment evidence?
Your skilled employment, education and training assessment evidence should include:
 your resumé/ CV
 your trade qualifications, including apprenticeships and licences
 your references and/or third party statements from employers/customers
 any documents such as awards and certificates you have received
 your work records to show periods of employment
 photographs of work samples (before and after the job and of yourself working)
 video or digital recordings of yourself doing everyday tasks in your workplace (verified by a supervisor/manager).

You will receive a username and password when you book in for a technical interview or practical demonstration (mandatory for any hospitality qualification).
The evidence you provide must be:
 related to the units of competency for your qualification, taken from the Fact Sheets.
 your own
 current – it must reflect work you have done in the last 5 years.
 certified by a qualified person.

It is important that your assessor sees more than two types of evidence showing you can do the work
Did you read through the guidance?
Old Jan 18th 2014, 8:05 am
Just Joined

Obviously there is more to send, I was just swiftly going over my main concern items.

I can supply qualifications, PAYE records from HMRC (abeit zero earnings), MOT licence, bank statements, confirmation from the college that we train apprentices and take school work experience, insurances and such the list goes on. I figure the more information I send the better.
Old Jan 18th 2014, 8:15 am

Obviously there is more to send, I was just swiftly going over my main concern items.

I can supply qualifications, PAYE records from HMRC (abeit zero earnings), MOT licence, bank statements, confirmation from the college that we train apprentices and take school work experience, insurances and such the list goes on. I figure the more information I send the better.
Definitely, but you need to show how you cover each unit of being a mechanic whether that is customer statements, other mechanics working with you, photos of you doing the work, etc. All evidence for skills assessment needs to be from the last 5 years.